over flavouring

Dane vape 01

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi I'm just curious at what percentage of favouring do you start wasting your time or killing your taste buds some of my creations is running 18.25% mix of concentrate and I fine there

There isn't a set percentage. It will depend on the flavours used. An 18% total flavouring recipe that uses LB, OOO, Pur and RF might be quite lightly flavoured. An all-Inw recipe at the same percentage is probably over-flavoured.

Veteran mixers also sometimes use higher than average flavour additions to induce muting deliberately. They are getting less flavour from the concentrate at 6% than they would at 3%. But that is the whole point - they want to downplay that flavour so they mute it.

I don't use any set figure to determine over-flavouring. I've tasted 4% total flavouring juices that are rich and dense, 25% total flavouring juices that aren't overdone. If I had a general rule of thumb, it would be a red flag whenever a single flavour gets into double figures. But even that isn't an invariable rule. Some LB and RF VG flavours are used up that high without killing the mix.

What Rich said.

I'm trying to imitate Elysian Labs Lemon Cream Filled Cronut. I am close to it except the fact that I had to use a 10ml whole bottle of Lemon Sicily concentrate for 125ml of pg/vg with 10ml of cream and 5ml of Zeppola - missing two ingredients which I need to get end of this month.

That made me realise why it is expensive to buy the original.

What Rich said.

I'm trying to imitate Elysian Labs Lemon Cream Filled Cronut. I am close to it except the fact that I had to use a 10ml whole bottle of Lemon Sicily concentrate for 125ml of pg/vg with 10ml of cream and 5ml of Zeppola - missing two ingredients which I need to get end of this month.

That made me realise why it is expensive to buy the original.
Please share the recipe. The elysian labs lemon cream is one of my favourites.

hi I have been making juice for about a year now and I'm just curious at what percentage of favouring do you start wasting your time or killing your taste buds

Yes sorry I'm using the app and it seems like it was not loading my messages at all so I kept reposting and now I got all the notifications
I do apologise about this

Hi @Dane vape 01
We have moved the above 3 posts to this existing thread
Thanks for pointing that out @RichJB

@Dane vape 01 - have a look at the forum on a normal browser on a bigger screen instead of Tapatalk (if you are using that) - far richer and more enjoyable experience. Great to do that when you starting out on the forum to get to know your way around

Hi @Dane vape 01
We have moved the above 3 posts to this existing thread
Thanks for pointing that out @RichJB

@Dane vape 01 - have a look at the forum on a normal browser on a bigger screen instead of Tapatalk (if you are using that) - far richer and more enjoyable experience. Great to do that when you starting out on the forum to get to know your way around
Even on a phone browser is better than Crapatalk. Gosh I hate that app.

Even on a phone browser is better than Crapatalk. Gosh I hate that app.

The only thing i like tapatalk for is resizing photos when uploading - to a smaller more manageable size
But for everything else i prefer the phone browser

There is no hard and fast rule.. I have recipes that sits at 2.7% which is massively over flavoured and commercially availible. Liquids sitting at a whopping 32%... It 100% circumstantial.

I feel sometimes that the mainstream DIY figure heads imposes artificial limitations on DIY mixing. This result in us not wanting to explore beyond the realms of mainstream standards.

I think an important part of growing as a mixer is to sometimes to disregard everything you read about a flavour and exploring for yourself where the limits are

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There is no hard and fast rule.. I have recipes that sits at 2.7% which is massively over flavoured and commercially availible. Liquids sitting at a whopping 32%... It 100% circumstantial.

I feel sometimes that the mainstream DIY figure heads imposes artificial limitations on DIY mixing. This result in us not wanting to explore beyond the realms of mainstream standards.

I think an important part of growing as a mixer is to sometimes to disregard everything you read about a flavour and exploring for yourself where the limits are

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks I have been mixing for a year now and i was just wondering that's all but thanks for the info

Back