Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Got this tank, hoping for it to be another no-fuss MTL tobacco workhorse

It does RDL and MTL but I don’t do RDL so I am focusing on the MTL aspect

Easy to coil with the supplied coil. Looks like a fused Clapton. 2.5 mm ID. 6 wraps. About 0.7 to 0.8 ohms.

You have to use an Allen key (supplied) to tighten the grubs. Easy. Coil fits perfectly. No problem. I used Cotton Bacon V2 and thinned out the tails a bit.

B91E68C5-EC3F-4F3A-BD93-F4B97402EC0C.jpeg

Am using the old cuboid as a mod.

All ready

26130CFB-9A0C-4661-B306-0C86DFAE3303.jpeg

After pulsing, the coil reads 0.86 ohms on the cuboid. Fair enough.

I’m using the smallest air hole and have turned the top cap to MTL setting.

Am using Havana Nightz , my favourite tobacco. I know it very well.

Impressions after first vaping session:

Beautiful flavour. It’s rich and dense. Bringing out the best in Havana Nightz. No complaints. Supplied coil seems to be doing a good job. Vaping at about 19 Watts. I gradually increased till it felt right.

Throat hit is good. Maybe a tad lighter than my mighty Rose MTL but still up there. No complaints on that front.

It’s quiet. I like it. No major noises.

Tightness of draw is good. I have it on the smallest hole and am also trying no hole. Ie airflow turned off. Very nice. It’s interesting, I find I don’t have to draw too hard, it’s as if the vapour comes up on its own. Maybe it’s the way the top airflow works. But I like it.

They supply 2 drip tips. One for MTL and one for RDL. I am using the MTL drip tip. I like it. Good shape and the right size. Feels comfortable. Doesn’t get hot.

Filling was easy. You just unscrew the top cap and you use one of two kidney shaped slots to squirt your juice in. You don’t need a needle nose tip. Normal juice bottle is fine.

Overall I like it a lot. I think it will be my friend. Showing a lot of promise right out the gate with no fiddling or adjustments. Thanks for the recommendation @Adephi , I’m holding thumbs this tank holds up over time.

I also like the supplied bubble glass which ups the capacity to 4ml. Less pit stopping is good for me.

Let’s see how she goes after a few weeks in rotation. It’s top airflow so it shouldn’t leak but will be monitoring closely for dribbles. And I will be monitoring juice consumption.

I also want to see how the flavour settles as the coil and wick get in the groove after a few tankfuls.

So far so good !

220CDD91-AA18-41B4-B11C-822C66EC6C65.jpeg

Last edited:
Glad you like it, shows how versatile the tank is. I don't do MTL at all now and this tank does a very good RDL. Mine is a dry tank, unless I make the mistake this is a very "clean"tank

I am liking it more by the day too. First week I ran my usual Banana Custard 6mg DL juice in MTL mode. Cleaned her out today, dropped the coil a bit and chucked some 12mg Bourbon Vanilla Custard tobacco in there. 2nd Smallest MTL hole and my usual Coil Master Comp wire at 1ohm and 15W... purring like a kitten, kicks like a mule on steroids and banging with flavor!

20220905_163118.jpg

Quite amazing @Stranger
Most tanks can’t do MTL and Direct Lung well. They usually excel in one area and are average or bad in the other. At least that’s been my experience.

But this tank is different. It seems.

I am liking it more by the day too. First week I ran my usual Banana Custard 6mg DL juice in MTL mode. Cleaned her out today, dropped the coil a bit and chucked some 12mg Bourbon Vanilla Custard tobacco in there. 2nd Smallest MTL hole and my usual Coil Master Comp wire at 1ohm and 15W... purring like a kitten, kicks like a mule on steroids and banging with flavor!

View attachment 262199

Awesome @DarthBranMuffin
When you drop the coil how does the vape differ for you?

Awesome @DarthBranMuffin
When you drop the coil how does the vape differ for you?

I get more flavor on MTL by dropping the coil to just above that single bottom airflow. In a weeks time I'll be swopping coils for a RDL test with the side airflow, and will also start it level with the top of the posts and move it down over time to find the sweetspot.

I get more flavor on MTL by dropping the coil to just above that single bottom airflow. In a weeks time I'll be swopping coils for a RDL test with the side airflow, and will also start it level with the top of the posts and move it down over time to find the sweetspot.

thanks, I’m assuming if you raise it you get a bit more throat hit?
the flavour / throat hit trade off

Got this tank, hoping for it to be another no-fuss MTL tobacco workhorse

It does RDL and MTL but I don’t do RDL so I am focusing on the MTL aspect

Easy to coil with the supplied coil. Looks like a fused Clapton. 2.5 mm ID. 6 wraps. About 0.7 to 0.8 ohms.

You have to use an Allen key (supplied) to tighten the grubs. Easy. Coil fits perfectly. No problem. I used Cotton Bacon V2 and thinned out the tails a bit.

View attachment 262162

Am using the old cuboid as a mod.

All ready

View attachment 262163

After pulsing, the coil reads 0.86 ohms on the cuboid. Fair enough.

I’m using the smallest air hole and have turned the top cap to MTL setting.

Am using Havana Nightz , my favourite tobacco. I know it very well.

Impressions after first vaping session:

Beautiful flavour. It’s rich and dense. Bringing out the best in Havana Nightz. No complaints. Supplied coil seems to be doing a good job. Vaping at about 19 Watts. I gradually increased till it felt right.

Throat hit is good. Maybe a tad lighter than my mighty Rose MTL but still up there. No complaints on that front.

It’s quiet. I like it. No major noises.

Tightness of draw is good. I have it on the smallest hole and am also trying no hole. Ie airflow turned off. Very nice. It’s interesting, I find I don’t have to draw too hard, it’s as if the vapour comes up on its own. Maybe it’s the way the top airflow works. But I like it.

They supply 2 drip tips. One for MTL and one for RDL. I am using the MTL drip tip. I like it. Good shape and the right size. Feels comfortable. Doesn’t get hot.

Filling was easy. You just unscrew the top cap and you use one of two kidney shaped slots to squirt your juice in. You don’t need a needle nose tip. Normal juice bottle is fine.

Overall I like it a lot. I think it will be my friend. Showing a lot of promise right out the gate with no fiddling or adjustments. Thanks for the recommendation @Adephi , I’m holding thumbs this tank holds up over time.

I also like the supplied bubble glass which ups the capacity to 4ml. Less pit stopping is good for me.

Let’s see how she goes after a few weeks in rotation. It’s top airflow so it shouldn’t leak but will be monitoring closely for dribbles. And I will be monitoring juice consumption.

I also want to see how the flavour settles as the coil and wick get in the groove after a few tankfuls.

So far so good !

View attachment 262164
Glad you liked it. Was starting to worry that I suggested a white elephant there.

At the moment I have one setup for pure MTL and onother for DL. But the DL i leave the cap setting on MTL and just open the air slots more. It's very reminiscent to the Insider of the Billet Box in terms of the amount of airflow.

RY4 tobaccos and deserts does well, but I found icy fruities and menthols really pop for me. But admittedly that could be suggestive.

Still want to play with more wires. For now I run the Vandy Vape MTL wire. But I acually want to see what plain round wire can do.

thanks, I’m assuming if you raise it you get a bit more throat hit?
the flavour / throat hit trade off
Having used 6mg with the coil raised and 12mg with the coil dropped I went purely for flavor sweetspot. Still has plenty of hit low down.

Glad you liked it. Was starting to worry that I suggested a white elephant there.

At the moment I have one setup for pure MTL and onother for DL. But the DL i leave the cap setting on MTL and just open the air slots more. It's very reminiscent to the Insider of the Billet Box in terms of the amount of airflow.

RY4 tobaccos and deserts does well, but I found icy fruities and menthols really pop for me. But admittedly that could be suggestive.

Still want to play with more wires. For now I run the Vandy Vape MTL wire. But I acually want to see what plain round wire can do.

Thanks @Adephi
I was just lazy to get it all set up. Should have done it sooner because they supplied a coil and it was so easy to install.

Looking forward to experimenting more with it.

Having used 6mg with the coil raised and 12mg with the coil dropped I went purely for flavor sweetspot. Still has plenty of hit low down.

Ok great
Good to know !

I use the same single core n80 clapton that I often use in the Dvarw clones. 7 wraps gives me 0.5 or thereabouts. I can get away with 25 W and bags of flavour.

Not tried this but in general OXVA products rock! I would expect the top to bottom airflow to work great and give top notch flavour as the designer also designed the original Zeus RTA (and the original Aegis) and Geekvape are showing signs of demise since his departure!

Not tried this but in general OXVA products rock! I would expect the top to bottom airflow to work great and give top notch flavour as the designer also designed the original Zeus RTA (and the original Aegis) and Geekvape are showing signs of demise since his departure!

Thanks @Timwis
Always appreciate your insights
You are up to date and know the ins and outs of the designs very well

I only use Coil Master 26g Comp Wire, 2.5mm id, 8 wraps at about 1ohm and 15W in my MTL setups. The flavor and performance in the Arbiter Solo with the 3rd smallest MTL air hole and in MTL mode is on point with the Expromizer V4 with 4 airholes open.

I started vaping 6 months ago so dont really have anything to compare this to, still a noob.

I use the vaporesso xros mini during the day and love them.

I wanted something more 'substantial' for when at home. I started with the arbiter v2 which i still use but its obviously DL. Then came the juggerknot v2 which i also still use, this packs a punch, but also DL.

The arbiter solo, seems really great so far. Picked up some havana gold and made it 6mg. Ive been missing the tobacco flavour lately so thought this would be a good idea.

Easy to build and wick, i used the coil and wick that it came with and all works well. I left the top of the coil level with the posts.

Ive been using it in 'mtl mode' and loving it. On the second smallest air hole it has the same draw as the xros red pods. Can double or triple clutch it and it keeps going.

Ive grown attached to my dl tanks but this is in a place somewhere in between and a very happy place. Its definately staying with me.

Attachments

• 20220906_145901.jpg
    20220906_145901.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 15
Wonderful to see @Kevinc1977

great juice you got with it!

enjoy

So I went for a Coilology Tri Core Fused Clapton, came out at 0.3ohm. Coil level to the top of the posts. Running at 45W on the Grus DNA75C.

20220912_213435.jpg

Opted for a DL 510 driptip, airflow open on 3 holes only and dialed the MTL/RDL setting in to where I guess is halfway.

20220912_214129.jpg

Bubbling nicely so the wicking is keeping up. Running my own Sub-Lime juice in it, so know the profile well. Gives a slightly dry vape effect, not a saturated vape. Opening up the airflow and going full RDL mutes the flavor a bit too.

Think I'll rather revert back to a full MTL setup on it once the tank runs empty.

Last edited:
Interesting , thanks @DarthBranMuffin

45Watts , that’s a fair amount of power you got there!

im still enjoying my MTL with Havana Nightz tobacco
on one air hole smallest one
and MTL setting

its good and I’m enjoying it
on about the third tank and the coil and wick have settled in nicely

Enjoying it in mtl mode with 4 holes open, seems like a loose draw.
Had to get it its own mod, its been my main tank for a week now and really enjoying it.
Something tells me i should have started with mtl 6 months ago.
Really enjoying the juices i got for it, tobacco and custard. Next on the list is the one shot 'holy ry4'. Any experience with it?

Attachments

• 20220915_171720.jpg
    20220915_171720.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 9
Enjoying it in mtl mode with 4 holes open, seems like a loose draw.
Had to get it its own mod, its been my main tank for a week now and really enjoying it.
Something tells me i should have started with mtl 6 months ago.
Really enjoying the juices i got for it, tobacco and custard. Next on the list is the one shot 'holy ry4'. Any experience with it?

great to hear @Kevinc1977
enjoy it

i don’t have experience with holy ry4
i think you should try it and report back !

great to hear @Kevinc1977
enjoy it

i don’t have experience with holy ry4
i think you should try it and report back !
I second you trying the ry4 one shot.

Since holy grail ry4 got reformulated and the new one was awful I’ve been off ry4’s! A new one would be lovely!

Maybe I’m being blonde but I’ve noticed there are different decks on the arbiter solo when I google it. Are there different versions?

D4305E2A-28AA-4E30-A6F3-E70E5B9E2FDA.jpeg2ED9EE3C-B385-47F3-BBA2-E0AB9CB5A4BB.jpeg

Back