Paul’s conundrum?

Paul33

General dumbass
LV

Awards
So as instructed by @Intuthu Kagesi I started this thread because I’ve always been intrigued my MTL but can’t get it right. I don’t like the restricted draw at all BUT he’s convinced that any attie will be good eventually with enough fine tuning.

My problem is I like airflow. Mtl doesn’t have airflow. He thinks he can make this work…

So as instructed by @Intuthu Kagesi I started this thread because I’ve always been intrigued my MTL but can’t get it right. I don’t like the restricted draw at all BUT he’s convinced that any attie will be good eventually with enough fine tuning.

My problem is I like airflow. Mtl doesn’t have airflow. He thinks he can make this work…
Instructed? :oops:

I don't like sucking watermelon's through a straw either, and sit in the grey area between MTL and DL .... Loose MTL? Restricted DL?

Dude, I can honestly say that if you could not even win with the Arbiter Solo on open airflow (which is nowhere close to MTL) that this is a challenge for you. But like @Intuthu Kagesi said, nothing is impossible with a little patience (which is something you have in abundance - or not...)

Give me your prefered Ohms and Watts and I will play with what I got to see if I can manage a flavour banger somehow, it's about time for a worthy challenge.

I know deserts and tobacco's are not up your alley, so will keep it to the fruity stuff, including but not limited to Red Pill.

Soooo ... my "daily drives", are HellVapes MD and Vertex, the MD with it's airflow wide open is a perfect fit for me, and the Vertex with some minor modifications works too ...
I can get a Zeus X into this area too by popping in two 28G plain SS coils and restricting the airflow using a 4mm 510 driptip, even better still, by remaking the inner chamber;
... or the Arbiter, (I believe you have one of these?), by drilling the bottom airflow hole out to 1.8mm

Dude, I can honestly say that if you could not even win with the Arbiter Solo on open airflow (which is nowhere close to MTL) that this is a challenge for you. But like @Intuthu Kagesi said, nothing is impossible with a little patience (which is something you have in abundance - or not...)

Give me your prefered Ohms and Watts and I will play with what I got to see if I can manage a flavour banger somehow, it's about time for a worthy challenge.

I know deserts and tobacco's are not up your alley, so will keep it to the fruity stuff, including but not limited to Red Pill.
that arbiter was toit!!

i tried the 2mm pin in the BP Mods insider last night, 0.84 ohms @ 8 w, 26g kanthal 2.5mm but the airflow (or lack thereof) completely throws me.

I drilled the bottom airflow hole of my Arbiter Solo to 2mm & airflow fully open on RDL is now perfect for me.

You have a teeny chamber so the larger bottom hole will give you better saturation ... I would also suggest a 2.5mm spaced 28G stainless coil of 5 to 6 wrap
i dont have any stainless at home unfortunately but what i will do is space this kanthal and try the larger airflow pin and then maybe we are onto something. if i can get rdl airflow and low watts and good flavour still then thats a win!

i dont have any stainless at home unfortunately but what i will do is space this kanthal and try the larger airflow pin and then maybe we are onto something. if i can get rdl airflow and low watts and good flavour still then thats a win!
Once you get the airflow up, you'll have to crank the power up too, as the additional air, (from 2 to 3.5mm), is going to cool down that coil ... It's 3.0625 times more air :oops:

I read this and sympathize. I did MTL for two reason, first I did not know any better, second I always bought kit that was MTL. There was very little DL in the beginning.

Over the past three years as my knowledge expanded I have settled on RDL as being my preferred vaping. I attribute this to one thing only:

I draw with my lungs.

I cannot do the mouth draw .. inhale thing any more. Even when purposefully try, I just end up pulling with the lungs.

Dvarw clones, Intake single coil, Arbiter all work very well for me as far as tanks go. I have a Hadalay which I paired with a witch's hat drip tip and that also is brilliant for squonking and RDL.

Last edited:
I read this and sympathize. I did MTL for two reason, first I did not know any better, second I always bought kit that was MTL. There was very little DL in the beginning.

Over the past three years as my knowledge expanded I have settled on RDL as being my preferred vaping. I attribute this to one thing only:

I draw with my lungs.

I cannot do the mouth draw .. inhale thing any more. Even when purposefully try, I just end up pulling with the lungs
THIS!!!
this is exactly what i do and cant get the mouth draw then lung thing going on!!!

Then why try.

I will use an analogy, when I teach someone to ride a bike and they say they want to corner like me (I am pretty quick) and then I show them how to get half an arse off the bike, and they just can't do it either due to fear or a lack of skills. The advice then is don't even try, it will end in tears.

Then why try.

I will use an analogy, when I teach someone to ride a bike and they say they want to corner like me (I am pretty quick) and then I show them how to get half an arse off the bike, and they just can't do it either due to fear or a lack of skills. The advice then is don't even try, it will end in tears.
I think I want to try and get it right to see what the hype is about.

People always bang on about how amazing the flavour is on mtl and dammit I want that as well!!

Maybe its better than the RDL setup i currently use?

Maybe its the best flavour I will ever get?

maybe its destined to be kak for me forever?

I think I want to try and get it right to see what the hype is about.

People always bang on about how amazing the flavour is on mtl and dammit I want that as well!!

Maybe its better than the RDL setup i currently use?

Maybe its the best flavour I will ever get?

maybe its destined to be kak for me forever?
The "hype" IMO is about flavour intensity and density, more than whether you suck through your mouth or lungs ... Lets wait for you to try the 3.5mm insert ;) ... and if that's not enough, you could consider drilling it out to 4mm, which would take you to exactly four times as much air, (vape), as you currently enjoy on your Insider.

The "hype" IMO is about flavour intensity and density, more than whether you suck through your mouth or lungs ... Lets wait for you to try the 3.5mm insert ;) ... and if that's not enough, you could consider drilling it out to 4mm, which would take you to exactly four times as much air, (vape), as you currently enjoy on your Insider.
i'll swap out the the airflow pin tot he 3.5mm and leave the same coil in and then we can see where we end up. not gonna drill it out, with the 3.5mm airflow pin and the air on the sides and the back of the pulse mini that should be plenty!

will revert with the scientific findings later on!

I haven't touch any of my MTL tanks for close to 3 months. I think if you're comfortable with RDL/DL you should stick to that as it's farther away from the cigarette-like experience (unlike MTL) and it'll make it easier to quit, should you feel like it. My 2 cents

Back