Peach Custard - Vaping With Vic

Thanks @NOOB - Very interesting feedback!

I haven't tried the TFA Peach myself, but I have used the TFA Juicy Peach quite a few times (I quite enjoy it in fruit mixes, even though peach is not one of my favorite fruit flavors for vaping). For me personally, the juicy peach has quite a noticeable (but not unmanageable, and I like at least a bit of a) throat hit at even just 2% (and from what I've read ages ago, it's {reduced} throat hit and flavor was preferable {at least to many} to that of TFA Peach).

However,
a) I probably read that back in 2016/ 2017, when (especially TFA, Cap, and FW) concentrates were generally used in higher percentages than they are used now. It is quite possible that the 'throat hit from hell' and the 'very sharp flavor' comments might have been from people using the TFA Peach at 5 - 15 % (this would still not explain why I personally get quite a pronounced throat hit from the juicy peach at just 2 %, and 'they' said then that it was a lot 'better' than 'plain' peach. The next observation probably accounts for more of that, though)
b) Taste is subjective and vaping is personal. Some people just get sensations and tastes (pleasant, or otherwise) that others don't. I personally found one of the most popular and highly acclaimed juices ever released in the SA Market basically unvapeable and nauseating, to the extent that I struggled to understand how anyone else could have (largely discontinued now) vaped it. However, I'm sure that I must be 'in the wrong' (or technically just one of a small percentage who picks up something very unpleasant in one very popular concentrate that they use). If you like the TFA Peach taste, but just find it too subtle (and don't find the throat hit overwhelming at the moment), what is the worst that could happen if you add some more? :)

p.s. personally I wouldn't consider adding more Strawberry Ripe if you already feel that the fruit flavors aren't coming through. It is known to mute some other flavors (possibly because of its Maltol content), and I have experienced this myself. If you would like a bit more Strawberry flavor as well, perhaps consider adding a touch of INW Shisha Strawberry if you have that on hand. Alternatively, if it might actually be the case that the Strawberry Ripe is muting the peach, you could consider just replacing it altogether with something like the INW. The latter is a bit stronger than the TFA Ripe (but not as much as an INW concentrate would usually be compared to most TFAs), though, so you could perhaps consider 1% in place of the TFA's 1.5%. Otherwise, if you want the strawberry more to the fore in any case you could keep it the same, but then it would likely be a peach AND strawberry custard. The INW will also have a bit more of a strawberry jam/ strawb syrup than the TFA ripe, which is quite close to a natural strawberry (I like the combination due to the TFA ripe tendency to fade on itself and to make other fruits fade, Some people, especially those who have trouble tasting strawberry flavors, seem to especially struggle with tasting TFA ripe. It seems as if INW Shisha strawb pops out more)
Thanks for the info. I'll try to reduce the Vanilla Custard a bit and see how it turns out. If the Peach and Strawberry is still muted I'll try to increase those percentages bit by bit to see if I can get the fruit flavours to become a bit more prominent. :thumbup:

I had this issue when I started DIY, what I found was that reducing the very prominent flavours worked, but increasing others did not.

Often I had to add something in to lift those flavours instead of just adding more and more. In my case Meringue and Bavarian cream helped with strong custards and sweetener or sour helped to lift the fruits.

Thanks @NOOB - Very interesting feedback!

I haven't tried the TFA Peach myself, but I have used the TFA Juicy Peach quite a few times (I quite enjoy it in fruit mixes, even though peach is not one of my favorite fruit flavors for vaping). For me personally, the juicy peach has quite a noticeable (but not unmanageable, and I like at least a bit of a) throat hit at even just 2% (and from what I've read ages ago, it's {reduced} throat hit and flavor was preferable {at least to many} to that of TFA Peach).

However,
a) I probably read that back in 2016/ 2017, when (especially TFA, Cap, and FW) concentrates were generally used in higher percentages than they are used now. It is quite possible that the 'throat hit from hell' and the 'very sharp flavor' comments might have been from people using the TFA Peach at 5 - 15 % (this would still not explain why I personally get quite a pronounced throat hit from the juicy peach at just 2 %, and 'they' said then that it was a lot 'better' than 'plain' peach. The next observation probably accounts for more of that, though)
b) Taste is subjective and vaping is personal. Some people just get sensations and tastes (pleasant, or otherwise) that others don't. I personally found one of the most popular and highly acclaimed juices ever released in the SA Market basically unvapeable and nauseating, to the extent that I struggled to understand how anyone else could have (largely discontinued now) vaped it. However, I'm sure that I must be 'in the wrong' (or technically just one of a small percentage who picks up something very unpleasant in one very popular concentrate that they use). If you like the TFA Peach taste, but just find it too subtle (and don't find the throat hit overwhelming at the moment), what is the worst that could happen if you add some more? :)

p.s. personally I wouldn't consider adding more Strawberry Ripe if you already feel that the fruit flavors aren't coming through. It is known to mute some other flavors (possibly because of its Maltol content), and I have experienced this myself. If you would like a bit more Strawberry flavor as well, perhaps consider adding a touch of INW Shisha Strawberry if you have that on hand. Alternatively, if it might actually be the case that the Strawberry Ripe is muting the peach, you could consider just replacing it altogether with something like the INW. The latter is a bit stronger than the TFA Ripe (but not as much as an INW concentrate would usually be compared to most TFAs), though, so you could perhaps consider 1% in place of the TFA's 1.5%. Otherwise, if you want the strawberry more to the fore in any case you could keep it the same, but then it would likely be a peach AND strawberry custard. The INW will also have a bit more of a strawberry jam/ strawb syrup than the TFA ripe, which is quite close to a natural strawberry (I like the combination due to the TFA ripe tendency to fade on itself and to make other fruits fade, Some people, especially those who have trouble tasting strawberry flavors, seem to especially struggle with tasting TFA ripe. It seems as if INW Shisha strawb pops out more)
Do you perhaps know of any strawberry concentrates that strawberry blind people can actually taste? Would be keen to hear about them if you do.

Do you perhaps know of any strawberry concentrates that strawberry blind people can actually taste? Would be keen to hear about them if you do.
I am strawberry blind but I got strawberry in a juice that @JacoF made I don't know what strawberry he used but I love this juice. I never asked him what strawberry he uses cause I don't know if it's his secret lol.

Attachments

• 16570132648616037316668683126315.jpg
    16570132648616037316668683126315.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 7
I had this issue when I started DIY, what I found was that reducing the very prominent flavours worked, but increasing others did not.

Often I had to add something in to lift those flavours instead of just adding more and more. In my case Meringue and Bavarian cream helped with strong custards and sweetener or sour helped to lift the fruits.
What % would you start with sour? I ordered some and want to mix a few fruits tonight

I don't have an issue with tasting strawberry myself (it's not a profile that I often vape though), but I have found that INW Shisha Strawberry makes TFA Strawberry Ripe and TFA Strawberry pop a lot more when used in combination. Back in the day when I used to mix for friends those who had some trouble tasting strawberry (not necessarily completely 'strawberry blind') but who still wanted strawberry mixes usually enjoyed the mixes with (predominantly) Shisha Strawberry.

Wayne (ENYAWREKLAW) from DiyOrDie made a useful short-ish video about that topic. He does mention that if you struggle to taste TFA Strawberry then 9/10 times you might struggle to taste any strawberry concentrates.

However, he does suggest some possibilities: FLV Alpine Strawberry (very expensive, but extremely potent. I haven't used it myself), INW Shisha Strawberry, adding sweetener, adding some lemon concentrates (I've often done this/ just plain citric acid myself. It works a treat not just with strawberry, but with a number of fruits), adding some enhancers/ candy concentrates.

What % would you start with sour? I ordered some and want to mix a few fruits tonight
I personally would go low, 0.3%. I recently used citric acid and at 0.5% it totally changed the profile and not in a good way, imo. I'm not sure which acid sour is, maybe citric acid?

I don't have an issue with tasting strawberry myself (it's not a profile that I often vape though), but I have found that INW Shisha Strawberry makes TFA Strawberry Ripe and TFA Strawberry pop a lot more when used in combination. Back in the day when I used to mix for friends those who had some trouble tasting strawberry (not necessarily completely 'strawberry blind') but who still wanted strawberry mixes usually enjoyed the mixes with (predominantly) Shisha Strawberry.

Wayne (ENYAWREKLAW) from DiyOrDie made a useful short-ish video about that topic. He does mention that if you struggle to taste TFA Strawberry then 9/10 times you might struggle to taste any strawberry concentrates.

However, he does suggest some possibilities: FLV Alpine Strawberry (very expensive, but extremely potent. I haven't used it myself), INW Shisha Strawberry, adding sweetener, adding some lemon concentrates (I've often done this/ just plain citric acid myself. It works a treat not just with strawberry, but with a number of fruits), adding some enhancers/ candy concentrates.

I actually have alpine strawberry, I was lucky enougn to win the flavorah range last year I think. I'll give it a go. I can taste strawberry ripe but it doesn't taste anything like a berry, more just wet straw, awful.

I personally would go low, 0.3%. I recently used citric acid and at 0.5% it totally changed the profile and not in a good way, imo. I'm not sure which acid sour is, maybe citric acid?
No idea which acid it is, but I was also thinking of starting low and working my way up

I find bland fruits such as banana and guava need as much as 0.5-0.75 if mixed with a prominent flavour like custard or graham cracker. Less than that if you did say a lemon meringue pie where there no prominent flavours.

I sometimes make an orange chocolate just as a dripper for the evening. 1% sour here plus some ws23 takes those flavours into new heights.

I find bland fruits such as banana and guava need as much as 0.5-0.75 if mixed with a prominent flavour like custard or graham cracker. Less than that if you did say a lemon meringue pie where there no prominent flavours.

I sometimes make an orange chocolate just as a dripper for the evening. 1% sour here plus some ws23 takes those flavours into new heights.
Thanks, I'll definitely give it a try!

I worked on a sour apple for a long time and i now completely stay away from citric acid. No matter what i did it had a foul taste, and it very quicly clogged up my coils (2 or 3 pods), leaving you with a "dry hit" taste. I now achieve a sour taste with other flavors, like dragonfruit or lemon.

Back