Personality Test

Hooked

Vapin' up a Storm
LV

Awards
This is not a silly little quiz, the likes of which can be found in magazines. It's a test based on Jung and Myer-Briggs' personalites theories, both of whom are well-known in the field of psychology. It explains the different personality types and of course your results will show which one(s) you are.
The analysis of your personality is very interesting indeed.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

This is not a silly little quiz, the likes of which can be found in magazines. It's a test based on Jung and Myer-Briggs' personalites theories, both of whom are well-known in the field of psychology. It explains the different personality types and of course your results will show which one(s) you are.
The analysis of your personality is very interesting indeed.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
INTJ

I'm...

889d87dd84234281d281404c6d413d03.jpg

"INTJ
Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging
To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most people of this type start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

People of this type are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing them from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system this type happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). People of this type can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, people of this type are usually extremely private, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

(INTJ stands for Introvert, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging and represents individual's preferences in four dimensions characterising personality type, according to Jung's and Briggs Myers' theories of personality type.)

Your Type Preferences
Introvert(47%) iNtuitive(47%) Thinking(28%) Judging(16%)"

I thought this was a Capricorn thing...

Regards

"INTJ
Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging
To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most people of this type start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

People of this type are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing them from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system this type happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). People of this type can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, people of this type are usually extremely private, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

(INTJ stands for Introvert, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging and represents individual's preferences in four dimensions characterising personality type, according to Jung's and Briggs Myers' theories of personality type.)

Your Type Preferences
Introvert(47%) iNtuitive(47%) Thinking(28%) Judging(16%)"

I thought this was a Capricorn thing...

Regards

My type preferences was 12%;all of them

Wow...so so different the 2 of us.
Thanks for the link @Hooked. I did a Meyers and Briggs test when I was 20 to have something to add to my CV that time. Wish I could find the bloody thing and see if there's any changes.

Yeah I have a lot of intuitive instincts. If something is wrong, it's usually is.

ISTP
Introvert(47%) Sensing(3%) Thinking(16%) Perceiving(16%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (47%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (3%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (16%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (16%)

These sort of things are often fun ice breakers, interesting for initiating some introspection, but ultimately they are fun little quizzes on the interwebs, regardless of the science underlying them, they should not be taken seriously.

I mean please, moderate preference of introversion over extroversion. Please, I need to to interact with real people outside of my house once a week, 10 minutes max. Anything more is a chore :p

Oh and they misspelled extroversion.

This is so me!!!

INTP STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
INTP Strengths
analysts_Logician_INTP_strengths.png

• Great Analysts and Abstract Thinkers – People with the INTP personality type view the world as a big, complex machine, and recognize that as with any machine, all parts are interrelated. INTPs excel in analyzing these connections, seeing how seemingly unrelated factors tie in with each other in ways that bewilder most other personality types.
  • Imaginative and Original – These connections are the product of an unrelenting imagination – INTPs’ ideas may seem counter-intuitive at a glance, and may never even see the light of day, but they will always prove remarkable innovations.
  • Open-Minded – INTPs couldn’t make these connections if they thought they knew it all – they are highly receptive to alternate theories, so long as they’re supported by logic and facts. In more subjective matters like social norms and traditions, INTPs are usually fairly liberal, with a "none of my business" sort of attitude – peoples’ ideas are what matter.
  • Enthusiastic – When a new idea piques their interest, INTPs can be very enthusiastic – they are a reserved personality type, but if another person shares an interest, they can be downright excited about discussing it. More likely though, the only outward evidence of this enthusiasm will be INTPs’ silent pacing or their staring into the distance.
  • Objective – INTPs’ analysis, creativity and open-mindedness aren’t the tools of some quest for ideology or emotional validation. Rather, it’s as though people with the INTP personality type are a conduit for the truths around them, so far as they can be expressed, and they are proud of this role as theoretical mediator.
  • Honest and Straightforward – To know one thing and say another would be terribly disingenuous – INTPs don’t often go around intentionally hurting feelings, but they believe that the truth is the most important factor, and they expect that to be appreciated and reciprocated.
INTP Weaknesses
analysts_Logician_INTP_weaknesses.png

• Very Private and Withdrawn – While INTPs’ intellectualism yields many insights into their surroundings, their surroundings are ironically considered an intrusion on their thoughts. This is especially true with people – INTPs are quite shy in social settings. More complicated situations such as parties exacerbate this, but even close friends struggle to get into INTPs’ hearts and minds.
  • Insensitive – Oftentimes INTP personalities get so caught up in their logic that they forget any kind of emotional consideration – they dismiss subjectivity as irrational and tradition as an attempt to bar much-needed progress. Purely emotional situations are often utterly puzzling to INTPs, and their lack of timely sympathy can easily offend.
  • Absent-minded – When INTPs’ interest is captured, their absence goes beyond social matters to include the rest of the physical world. INTPs become forgetful, missing even the obvious if it’s unrelated to their current infatuation, and they can even forget their own health, skipping meals and sleep as they muse.
  • Condescending – Attempts at connecting with others are often worse than INTPs’ withdrawal. People with the INTP personality type take pride in their knowledge and rationale, and enjoy sharing their ideas, but in trying to explain how they got from A to B to Z, they can get frustrated, sometimes simplifying things to the point of insult as they struggle to gauge their conversation partners’ perspective. The ultimate insult comes as INTPs give up with a dismissive "never mind".
  • Loathe Rules and Guidelines – These social struggles are partly a product of INTPs’ desire to bypass the rules, of social conduct and otherwise. While this attitude helps INTPs’ strength of unconventional creativity, it also causes them to reinvent the wheel constantly and to shun security in favor of autonomy in ways that can compromise both.
  • Second-Guess Themselves – INTPs remain so open to new information that they often never commit to a decision at all. This applies to their own skills as well – INTP personalities know that as they practice, they improve, and any work they do is second-best to what they could do. Unable to settle for this, INTPs sometimes delay their output indefinitely with constant revisions, sometimes even quitting before they ever begin.

I'm on par with Einstein , Socrates and Newton. Damn I'm a genius lol

You are technically correct but the supplied image is insufficient proof. I did the exact same google with extroversion, and see what it got me.

Carl Jeung spelled it extrAversion and when asked why, said extrOversion is just bad Latin.

Secondly, in common modern usage, extroVersion is the commonly used form, while extrAversion is still in use by medical practitioners.

Regardless of all that, I still sit corrected. Touche.

ISTP
Introvert(47%) Sensing(3%) Thinking(16%) Perceiving(16%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (47%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (3%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (16%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (16%)

These sort of things are often fun ice breakers, interesting for initiating some introspection, but ultimately they are fun little quizzes on the interwebs, regardless of the science underlying them, they should not be taken seriously.

I mean please, moderate preference of introversion over extroversion. Please, I need to to interact with real people outside of my house once a week, 10 minutes max. Anything more is a chore :p

Oh and they misspelled extroversion.

Meyers and Briggs are probably the best out there, but I agree with your point 100%. And also, your current mood has to play a role in how you answer. I can almost guarantee if I should do this same test, but with Parletone crying in the background, the profile will change.

Meyers and Briggs are probably the best out there, but I agree with your point 100%. And also, your current mood has to play a role in how you answer. I can almost guarantee if I should do this same test, but with Parletone crying in the background, the profile will change.
I must admit that the person you experience here as Raindance is not the same as the one snugly and securely hiding in the anonymity shadow of his avatar.

Am I alone?

Regards

I must admit that the person you experience here as Raindance is not the same as the one snugly and securely hiding in the anonymity shadow of his avatar.

Am I alone?

Regards

No, I'm 78% introverted. I dont mix well with people in real life. I hate family gatherings and much rather spend Christmas alone

You are technically correct but the supplied image is insufficient proof. I did the exact same google with extroversion, and see what it got me.

Carl Jeung spelled it extrAversion and when asked why, said extrOversion is just bad Latin.

Secondly, in common modern usage, extroVersion is the commonly used form, while extrAversion is still in use by medical practitioners.

Regardless of all that, I still sit corrected. Touche.

@craigb and you have spelt Jeung incorrectly ;) - it should be Jung.

My personality type: ISFJ

Your Type Preferences
Introvert(34%) Sensing(3%) Feeling(47%) Judging(1%)

Because you appear to have marginal or no (3%) preference of Sensing over Intuition, marginal or no (1%) preference of Judging over Perceiving, characteristics of more than one personality type may apply to you:

ISFJ, INFJ, ISFP and INFP.

Yep - I've always known that I can't be put into a box and labelled. Let's just say that I'm indescribable! :rofl:

Back