Please show me dem wasp builds

Smoke_A_Llama

Chronic thread derailer
LV

Awards
Hey All, as a few will know I got a wasp rda recently and well.... I'm underwhelmed

Tried 3x26 Ni80 set fused Clapton at 3.5mm (0.25)

Parallel 28awg 316L at 3mm (0.45)

2x26awg with 36awg Ni80 fused Clapton at 3.53mm (0.41)

Coil about center with airflow and slightly spaced....

Mr Fluff and streaky cotton at various thicknesses and sitting just above deck

Flavour is well.... average and for some reason slightly metallic

So does anyone have suggestions and pics of their builds which produce this atties fabled flavour... help a Llama out here :p

Last edited:
Sorry to hear Sir Llama

Not nice when one is underwhelmed. I know the feeling. Its happened to me mamy times.
One expects greatness and then its average

Am sure the Wasp experts will come to the rescue though...

By the way, regarding that metallic taste, did you wash the atty before you used it? Maybe you have some manufacturing bits lurking in there? Or some machine oil?

Hey All, as a few will know I got a wasp rda recently and well.... I'm underwhelmed

Tried 3x26 set fused Clapton at 3.5mm (0.25)

2x26awg with 36awg fused Clapton at 3.53mm (0.41)

So does anyone have suggestions and pics of their builds which produce this atties fabled flavour... help a Llama out here :p

I feel the same way you do brother.
When i first had my Hadaly alot of people said they prefer the wasp because it has more airflow with same or better flavour than the Hadaly.

I have yet to experience that better flavour, actually i have yet to experice equal flavour from it even.
It doesn't come close.

Its not a bad RDA and does produce ok flavour, but for me i was a little disappointed with it if i am honest. Especialy when you hear people say they prefer it over the Hadaly.

Lets see maybe im doing something wrong, but i have tried every coil placement and settled for smack in the middle of the airflow.

As for wire im using a fused clapton, plain round wire and flatwire just wasn't working in the wasp for me. Vapour felt very flat and not dense.

Anyways im out, lets see what others have to say.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear Sir Llama

Not nice when one is underwhelmed. I know the feeling. Its happened to me mamy times.

By the way, regarding that metallic taste, did you wash the atty before you used it? Maybe you have some manufacturing bits lurking in there? Or some machine oil?
Three times Sir , could be hotspots I missed actually now that I think of it

Tried 3x26 Ni80 set fused Clapton at 3.5mm (0.25)

2x26awg with 36awg Ni80 fused Clapton at 3.53mm (0.41)

Solution! images (3).jpeg

Hi
@Smoke_A_Llama
. Try this Wasp build tutorial from Morten Oen. If you don't know him try a look at his other videos. Very interesting.
I have found the Wasp to be a great BF RDA but the flavour is better on my Hadaly.

Nah - the wasp is better than great or ok imo, but you are 100% dependant on the build you throw in. Look for pre-coil'ed Geekvape alpha one coils bro, if you are chasing serious flavour. Its a ni80 & kanthal hybrid. Its amazing. But if you cant find that - look for a ni80 flat claption. Otherwise just twist and flatten 3 ni80 (26g) wires, or coil them in parallel. Align the coil dead centre with the airflow, trust me. Building it high to get a "bottom airflow" will just cause spitback. Your cotton should be firmly packed in the coil, and allow a smidge of movement. The wasp got atty of the year in 2017 for flavour in soooooo many places. As you can see im a TOTAL fanboy, no doubt the hadaly is better - but for that price, its by far the best in its category. Hang in there soldier

Sorry to hear Sir Llama

I had one build in the wasp and it went to the bin. Crap atty imo.

Apolpgies for the message i typed earlier , the grammer was apauhling :eek:
I was reading over it as i couldn't remember what i had said early hours of this morning and not even i understood half of it :-D

Im by no means a expert in English but Jaaarrrraaaaa that was shocking :-D

I have since edited my post. Thats all for now, will try play with the Wasp a little later but i have a feeling im not gonna win and will land up being stung and still not liking it.

Apolpgies for the message i typed earlier , the grammer was apauhling :eek:
I was reading over it as i couldn't remember what i had said early hours of this morning and not even i understood half of it :-D

Im by no means a expert in English but Jaaarrrraaaaa that was shocking :-D

I have since edited my post. Thats all for now, will try play with the Wasp a little later but i have a feeling im not gonna win and will land up being stung and still not liking it.
Naaaah, just blame it on predictive text.

This is what works for me. Make sure you raise the coil so that its level with the deck. Its 26x3 fused claptoned with 36 all ni80 3mm. If you 3.5mm it gets too hot. I get fantastic flavor.

Attachments

• IMG_20171130_121410.jpg
    IMG_20171130_121410.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 67
In December last year I bought the Coil Master 48PC pre-made coils box and when it arrived, a lot of the coils had come out their section of the box or fallen into another. I was super annoyed. :-@

Anyway, I took the box out last night and found a coil that looked promising, so I popped it in the Wasp. Fits perfectly. Will report back here with pics of the coil and flavour results once I get my squonk setup.

In December last year I bought the Coil Master 48PC pre-made coils box and when it arrived, a lot of the coils had come out their section of the box or fallen into another. I was super annoyed. :-@

Anyway, I took the box out last night and found a coil that looked promising, so I popped it in the Wasp. Fits perfectly. Will report back here with pics of the coil and flavour results once I get my squonk setup.

Come on, take it for a test drip :p

I also battled with the WASP but I think I've found my sweet spot , Nano Alien from Bubble Wraps 2mm ID (ok it whistles ...) but flavor is on point and low enough but not too low on my mech squonker for good battery life. I think his new 5core Aliens with one Extra wrap in the WASP will me MAGIC!

Okay, so here’s the clapton I put in:

Came out at 0.3ohms, 3mm.

798C8535-7522-4C37-93AD-A267BA93D854.jpeg

1BB738F6-BE7F-4E5D-9D3E-7E68DFAD3FD4.jpeg

Here it is wicked:

D7FCB3C8-595F-47D3-BA43-FCFBDAB64FF2.jpeg

And the juice I’m vaping in it:

C02CEA1A-6479-4911-8D5A-560D70807A0A.jpeg

I started at 24/25W and flavour was pretty descent. The chocolate is a bit richer to me, and it’s the first time I could taste a mild tobacco in the Ooey Gooey juice. So that’s a plus. I do think this particular setup complimented the juice I used in some ways.

Bumped it up to 30W and it got too warm for me too quickly, so I dropped down to 26W. Better.

I have to say that I see why you feel “underwhelmed” with the Wasp. Flavour isn’t bad at all, but in my opinion no better than a RTA since I’ve been using RTAs a lot lately. It could be my imagination, but I find that flavour drops quicker than other RDAs I’ve used and I end up dripping more frequently to get the flavour back. :confused: However, this is only my first build in the Wasp so I will be trying other builds to see if I can get it to improve.

View attachment 123138

View attachment 123139

Here it is wicked:

View attachment 123140

View attachment 123141

I started at 24/25W and flavour was pretty descent. The chocolate is a bit richer to me, and it’s the first time I could taste a mild tobacco in the Ooey Gooey juice. So that’s a plus. I do think this particular setup complimented the juice I used in some ways.

Bumped it up to 30W and it got too warm for me too quickly, so I dropped down to 26W. Better.

I have to say that I see why you feel “underwhelmed” with the Wasp. Flavour isn’t bad at all, but in my opinion no better than a RTA since I’ve been using RTAs a lot lately. It could be my imagination, but I find that flavour drops quicker than other RDAs I’ve used and I end up dripping more frequently to get the flavour back. :confused: However, this is only my first build in the Wasp so I will be trying other builds to see if I can get it to improve.
That mod tho........:eek:

View attachment 123138

View attachment 123139

Here it is wicked:

View attachment 123140

View attachment 123141

Out of interest sake, single or double coil rdas ?

Happiest I got was using a 28 x2 fused Clapton with 28 staging wire.. both ni80 at 3.5mm, top of coil in line with top of posts and ended up at 0.5ish ohms if I remember correctly

Agree with the flavour drop but I suspect it was due to my wicking because no flavour at all but wicks were about 80% wet

Last edited:
i was also thinking about a wasp recently, glad I read this thread, cos i'm thinking twice too. I'll keep an eye here to see if you ever get the wasp build shining or if it gets retired!

great pics @Carnival!!!

i was also thinking about a wasp recently, glad I read this thread, cos i'm thinking twice too. I'll keep an eye here to see if you ever get the wasp build shining or if it gets retired!

great pics @Carnival!!!

To be honest, I see the potential... more than likely needs aliens or a framed staple :)

Back