Plume Veil clone by Yeahsmo

I am thinking a boerie and vaping day here at Vape King Pretoria in December. Our community is not that big yet so we can have a "lekker kuier", braai and a swim

Sounds great! I think you will be surprised how many vapers & vapists there are North of the boerie curtain.

Then its settled. Details too follow closer to the time so we can see the number of vapers that will join us. Now I am exited :)

note: im not saying this is a bad clone. im just informing people on what needs to be done in order to getting it working properly. at 1/5th the price of a real one, im more than happy to make some modifications

after reading many reviews, ive den the plume veil for my next RDA. with so many features it seemed like the best and most diverse dripper locally available. i got mine from vapeking.co.za for only R310 which seemed really reasonable as you get the RDA, matching driptip, and some accessories.

at first glance the plume veil looked amazing, gold plated deck is beautiful and build quality looked pretty good.
it came pre-build with a dual coil setup wrapped on a thin and extremely short pieces of silica wick that was useless. it didnt even touch the deck so no ways it could wick unless you would decide to put one drop of juice on each of the coils. not only that, but the wraps and kanthal gauge were different. one coil measured around 3ohm and the other 2ohm.

after ripping them out and building a neat single coil system at 0.9ohm i could finally testdrive my new toy. flavour was muted and clouds were pretty bad compared to the same microcoil build i do on most my RDA's. there wasnt any time left so i thought ill just play with the fancy airflow system on the go

now the plume veil has a pretty neat design where additional airflow can be set to come thru the negative posts. let me tell you, IMO its a gimmick. yeah sure it works kinda. but at the cost of CONSTANTLY leaking :/ i stuffed some cotton in the negative posts to keep juice from flowing out and i adjusted my cap so the holes do not align with the holes in the deck to try prevent juice leaking, but the way the plume veil is designed, is that the air holes in the deck are above the dual O rings. this means that any drop of juice coming out from the holes in the negative posts, or leaking over the top of the deck will run down the side of the deck in between the space between the deck and the cap. and this juice will leak out of the 6 holes. this atty is constantly wet and sticky. :( i eventually used some silicone to seal the 6 air holes and this solved my problem.

another great feature of the plume veil is the delrin insolater cap. it can be adjusted to make the atty smaller (to enhance flavor) but on the yeahsmo clone, the screws used to connect your coils are way to long, it means that by screwing down your delrin insolator it just pushes against the head of the screws. so this feature doesnt work. i read on reviews and on vapekings.co.za they claim there are spare short screws in the package. but mine only came with some O rings and a screwdriver (and another 2 useless coils)

another problem with the long screws is on the negative posts the snap off your coil legs :( and if you dont tighten them properly they just come loose.. so need to order some shorter screws ASAP.

all that being said, this is one beautiful atty, and even with all the problems i really love the look. ive got a single microcoil in her atm positioned so that the airflow flows thru the centre of the coil. and im getting a way better vape experience now. also with the 6 bottom holes sealed off and cotton inside my negative posts the leaking has stopped. so im sure after i find some shorter screws all my problems will be fixed.

i would recommend this atty to anyone whos looking to expand their collection, and that has loads of experience in building. i would not recommend sealing off the bottom holes like i did, (i just do it so i can use it as my carry around vape without having a juice pocket every time plus its not permanent) as this is one of the main features of the atty.

if anyone has had better experience with the plume veil, please comment. :) for now im pretty happy i got her running half decent.
Hey @toke , really sorry to hear the bad luck youv had with the plume veil. I purchased the same clone from vapeking aswell. Iv had a few issues with mine aswell but nothing major. Im madly inlove with this atty so i can look past a few issues as im sure you do to. Like you i also did not receive the extra screws in the packaging. Iv had a few similar problems with the build quality. The screws dont fit in the positive posts so you have to tighten at an angle to lock the coils down, the gold finish has already started peeling off and it does have the odd leak here and there. But i must say i am extremely chuffed with the look and feel, i love the air flow, the wide bore drip tip and the packaging. I really love this clone despite its issues. I purchased it 7 days ago and its been consistant soo far. I never intended it on being a long term atty as the posts were the reason i bought it, so i could play with different coils. I must admit tho that i was very surprised at how attatched i became. I get great flavour everytime and great cloud density.

No way i would settle on any device that starts peeling, especially a "gold plated" one - that just wouldn't fly . . . . I also own a plumeveil clone - but probably not from the same vendor. I also had some problems with mine - always going to have issues with the clones - and had it replaced. The one that I've got is apparently 1/5 away from perfect (@Al3x - lol).

I agree though that fine tuning something like the plumeveil is quite a bit different to your normal RDA though - quite a few ways that you can set it up. Even though there's no right or wrong - in the several ways of building this thing, everyone is bound to find their perfect setup. I also had leaking initially, and also ended up wicking a bit more with relative success. You'll quickly realise the difference when you block the bottom air holes, completely different draw. I'm quite happy with mine - so on to the next topic....

I have to be honest, I FULLY agree with @tetrasect , I own a couple of clone/authentic combos. Once you have the authentic, the clone will almost always take a back seat. I've always purchased the clone first, just to see if it's a device that I would like to own - and then purchase the authentic (if available), and I haven't been disappointed thus far. In my opinion, with the clones you'll probably never have the full vape experience the original designers were going for - even though sometimes(rare) its pretty darn close.

You have to give credit to the SA vendors though, if it wasn't for them, we would all still be on our twisps wondering if SAPO is enjoying our vape gear!!!!!!

Back