RipSaw RDA by Bearded Viking Customs and Suicide Mods

Old_Goat

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards

First Impressions​

Before diving into the nitty-gritty of my experience with the RipSaw RDA, let’s clear up a few things. This review is based on a well-used, second-hand unit I acquired, and I’m not getting any kickbacks for this write-up. I’ve only been using it for about a day, so these are my initial thoughts.

First up, the box. It’s much smaller than I expected, which threw me off a bit. Most of my other RDAs and tanks come in packaging that looks like it could house a small electronics lab. The design on the box, however, is killer—skulls and all. I dig that. The cheeky “Made in Hell” on the back of the box? Nice touch. But when I slid it open, I was greeted by a massive 28mm shiny RDA and a bag of spare parts. Missing were the Allen key, user manual, and warranty card, but hey, this is a pre-loved piece, so who knows where those wandered off to.

20240606_110317
1884×4080 637 KB

20240606_110303
1884×4080 555 KB

The smell of Grape Bubblegum hit me right out of the box, making it clear this thing hadn’t seen a good cleaning in a while. I was planning to clean it anyway, but this confirmed it needed some TLC.

Tech Specs and Build Deck​

Technical Specifications:

• Diameter: 28mm
  • Height: Approximately 34mm (including drip tip)
  • Deck: Dual post build deck
  • Airflow: Top adjustable airflow
  • Material: Stainless Steel
  • Compatibility: Suitable for both single and dual coil configurations
Build Deck: The RipSaw’s build deck is a dream for those who love ample space to work with. It’s massive, making coil installation a breeze, especially if you’re into big builds. The dual post design is straightforward and accommodates larger coils without a hassle.

20240606_154254
20240606_1542541920×888 117 KB

Airflow: The top airflow is adjustable, designed to minimize leaks while maximizing flavor and cloud production. It features a multi-hole design that can be fine-tuned to your preferred draw resistance.

Setup and First Hits​

After a thorough cleaning and a bit of polishing to bring back its shine, I found some Alien coils I made a while back. I cut the coil legs at 4mm, which I quickly realized was a mistake. This build deck is so spacious it practically begs for larger coils. My 3 core 5 wrap coils felt a bit dwarfed, but with some finessing, I got them installed and looking decent. A slightly longer leg length would have made the installation smoother.

20240606_180929
1884×4080 500 KB

Wicking this behemoth is almost too easy. I used One Cloud cotton for the job. My coils read at 0.09 ohms, so I set my mod to 80 watts and loaded up some juice. With everything set, it was time to put the RipSaw to the test.

20240606_181918
1884×4080 459 KB

Performance​

With the top airflow wide open, the RipSaw delivered a nice airy draw with impressive flavor and thick clouds. The flavor is solid but not quite the best I’ve had—my Hellbeast still has the upper hand in that department. I adjusted the airflow to only three holes, which restricted the draw a bit more and resulted in a warmer, more satisfying vape. I personally enjoy a slightly more restricted vape, so this hit the sweet spot for me.

However, my mod threw a tantrum and gave me an atomizer error, likely due to the low resistance. So, I switched to my trusty Dovpo MVV. After a bit of guesstimation on the power setting, I took a massive hit—and promptly got a mouthful of burnt cotton. I quickly rewicked and adjusted the power, and I was back in business.

This RDA is a beast. It’s perfect for cloud chasers who love big, airy draws. I’m seriously impressed and can see myself using it often, though it does make me wish I had a bigger mod for it to sit on. Even my MVV feels a tad undersized for this beast.

Final Thoughts​

The RipSaw is a cloud-chucker’s dream. It’s got a solid build, spacious deck, and delivers great performance. Just be prepared for it to guzzle juice like a dehydrated camel. It’s not the most economical option, but if you’re after those thick, satisfying clouds, it’s a worthy investment.

Pros:

• Spacious build deck
  • Great airflow control
  • Solid construction
  • Excellent for cloud production
Cons:

• Requires frequent refilling due to high juice consumption
  • Might be too large for some mods
  • Initial setup can be tricky with smaller coils
Would I recommend it? Absolutely, especially if you’re into big builds and massive clouds. Just be ready for it to go through juice quickly and make sure you have a mod that can handle its size. Now, time to vape on and see what other adventures the RipSaw can take me on.

Back