Pocket sized mods

Renoster

Love a CLOUDY day!!
LV

Awards
Good day, i started vaping 3weeks ago using the rx200s with tfv8 (my first ever setup)and i love it. Before starting i knew i would be a cloud chaser.. I need advice on what setup i can buy that will fit snuggly in my pocket when at work, (basically like a packet of sigs which didnt bother me) as i have to carry around my current setup in my hand... i would like to be able to build my own coils like with the tfv8, and Battery sgould just last at work as i will use my current setup as my main setup (i vape alot more at home than at work) thank you in advance..

Pico Mega Mod + Mage Tank = Winner. Nice and compact set-up with great flavour and the ability to rebuild

Last edited:
I pack these around in a shirt pocket when out and about running errands all the time... about the same size as a pack of smokes.

Pico's with Avocado 22's or Melo III tanks driving Vaporesso Ceramic cCell's.

picoavo2.jpg

picos.jpg

Take a look at the Pioneer4You IPV6x and the upcoming Smok Alien mod.
Both put out over 200w and take 2 batteries and are smaller than the RX200S.

Alternatively, if you just need your nicotine fix at work.
The Pico is great, small and compact.

I use my pico daily for running around and taking to work rather than taking a bug mod, it's compact and still can pack a decent punch. The melo III mini tank is awesome for stock coils but I like the look of it with the goblin v3.

Yeah I would replace it the same day if anything had to happen to it.

I like the Avocado 22 on a Ijust 2 battery but stand alone mod I'm really digging the Kangertech Nebox as a out and about mod ... its small with a sunken tank. holds juice for a full day, has a single coil rebuild able head and uses 1x18650 ... cloud wise it compares with the Protank4.

Using the v8-t8 coil at avout 120w and the rba at about 80w in tcc

I suspected you might like vaping at those sort of wattages. In which case, I don't think you're going to find much joy with a single-18650 mod that can only push 75W max. Probably best to go for a dual-cell IPV6x or somesuch. It's not as compact as the Pico, for eg, but if the Pico isn't giving you the vape you want, that's not really going to help.

@Renoster I dislike Kangertech and I prefer the Pico to the eVic Mini as I dislike the 510 connector on the eVic Mini.

As for a small tank to go on there, well, maybe consider the Smok TFV8 Baby Beast? Although it sure isn't the same as the TFV8.
I am not much of a tank person to be honest, the Melo 3 mini is not a bad tank however I feel as if you might be a bit disappointed with it if you are use to the TFV8 and higher wattages.

The Mage tank is great for flavor, but I just tried the Mage on a friends Pico Mega and it doesn't fit without scratching the battery cap so sorry, my bad for that combo recommendation, I can suggest the Lemo 3 instead of the Mage, it's a 22mm tank with a rba deck which you can rebuild on

I suspected you might like vaping at those sort of wattages. In which case, I don't think you're going to find much joy with a single-18650 mod that can only push 75W max. Probably best to go for a dual-cell IPV6x or somesuch. It's not as compact as the Pico, for eg, but if the Pico isn't giving you the vape you want, that's not really going to help.
Makes sense, thank you, just need something pocket friendly, thanx for the advice

My pocket always has my eVic VTC mini with a griffin 22 on it. It's been a rock solid setup for the last 7 months without a single issue.

But if you want to keep your watts over 75 then look into dual battery mods. Plus a lot of them can take the low profile 24/25mm tanks that are common now, which helps when thrown into a pocket.

Dual 18650 mods are not going to be as shirt pocket friendly being heavier. I've ran my Mage tanks on the Sig213's, the Minikin VGOD & V1.5. The Mage tanks don't leak but can be a RPITA to refill sometimes. The Sig is not as heavy as the Minikin, but IMO both the lower center of gravity profile and rubberized texture of the Minikin's is better suited for shirt pocket carry.

sigmagesss.jpg

I don't have a picture made of a Minikin with a Mage tank on it, but the Mage is shorter than the Avo 24's.

minks6.jpg

Good day, i started vaping 3weeks ago using the rx200s with tfv8 (my first ever setup)and i love it. Before starting i knew i would be a cloud chaser.. I need advice on what setup i can buy that will fit snuggly in my pocket when at work, (basically like a packet of sigs which didnt bother me) as i have to carry around my current setup in my hand... i would like to be able to build my own coils like with the tfv8, and Battery sgould just last at work as i will use my current setup as my main setup (i vape alot more at home than at work) thank you in advance..
I find the hohm slice to be small and ergonomic.Also 101w w/good battery life on 1-26650 and last but not least it does kanthal in T.C., plus can be had for a good price!

I'm going to just leave this here...

14469293_10210528577672209_722807613_n.jpg

I'm getting very good flavour out of this tiny little Oppo RTA along with very smooth and open airflow. ELeaf doesn't disappoint with this compact little package. Zero leaking ever and the velocity deck is an absolute pleasure to build on.

I'm going to just leave this here...

View attachment 68838

I'm getting very good flavour out of this tiny little Oppo RTA along with very smooth and open airflow. ELeaf doesn't disappoint with this compact little package. Zero leaking ever and the velocity deck is an absolute pleasure to build on.
Looks very good

Dual 18650 mods are not going to be as shirt pocket friendly being heavier. I've ran my Mage tanks on the Sig213's, the Minikin VGOD & V1.5. The Mage tanks don't leak but can be a RPITA to refill sometimes. The Sig is not as heavy as the Minikin, but IMO both the lower center of gravity profile and rubberized texture of the Minikin's is better suited for shirt pocket carry.

View attachment 68767

I don't have a picture made of a Minikin with a Mage tank on it, but the Mage is shorter than the Avo 24's.

View attachment 68768
Minikin and Mage combo here
82f023b98c0e58e6a9083afa210d09e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

All good suggestion above.
Now go visit a show and get a feel for each. Ask the salesman if you could put batteries in the mods. Not to fire but to feel the actual weight.
If you want to carry this in your top pocket, a dual battery mod could become a little heavy.

Lads? Sorry to hi-jack this post, but i feel it relates to the topic? I never ever take my pico to work or to town, let alone put it in my shirt pocket? why? Because it leaks every time.... anybody else struggling with this? This includes both the melo III and the mini? The few times i have taken my pico "out on the town" it has either dumped all the juice on the mod in the car, or if i carry it in my hand, when shopping for instance, just a little while and all the juice has been dumped on my hand

I have numerous times stripped and cleaned both tanks, checked the seals and all the o-rings, replaced coils, etc etc etc......! Am i missing something? . From what i can see it leaks from the AFC???

I would really appreciate if some pico owners can pipe in with some ideas, before i roll PFT tape around it???

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

@Spongebob, if I remember there were one or two others who had a Melo tank dump on them once or twice. But also if I remember it was only folks who had air lock issues with multiple "cCell" tanks as well. I teased them about it being a SA thing since mine didn't. I have 5 Melo, 3 Target and 2 Gemini tanks I used a later run of .9Ω cCells ONLY in and NONE of them have ever leaked, not a single time, despite them collectively running many hundreds of tank refills. First thoughts were using "early" defective cCells from Vaporesso that were failing themselves or were damaging the tanks (that included other Ω value's of coils), or operator error installing them. The cCells suspect because they also had priming issues with them as well when I didn't on any of my .9Ω cCells... and in fact didn't prime them at all after the first early coils following what others were doing.

Regardless, don't discount the Pico being a very user friendly shirt pocket carry TC mod.... there are many other compact tanks that will work stellar on them for carry. Now that I seldom use the cCell tanks anymore I use the 22mm Avocado's on my Pico's for shirt pocket carry.

Back