Possibility of RX200S Self Distructing?

Jebula999

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys,

So a few months ago a friend of mine dropped my RX200S into a glass of vodka and lemonade.

It is sitting on my shelf next to my other broken RX200(Which cannot be repaired that i know of)

I'm wondering if i put batteries in to see if it works, what are the chances the batteries will be stressed too much or the board short circuits and causes a battery malfunction?

The RX200S is by far my favorite mod to date, and i have many 2 battery mods like the SMOK Alien, Limitless Box Mod and Noisy Cricket to name a few, but nothing compares to the 3 battery mod.

Any help/advise would be much appreciated :)

Take her outside put in those bats start her up and run lol if she does not blow then clouds for days and if she blows up yell there she blows:)

It depends on a few factors. If the casing is made from pewter then it won't rust... but the screws might. The circuit boards in vape build are not as sensitive as the circuit board in lets say your PC or phone.

If you took out the batteries immediately after the incident then you should be fine. To be on the safe side.... open it up and clean it with a earbud and some clean alcohol to get the sticky lemonade off that might short circuit on the board.

Thing is you know your device before it went for a swim. Insert the batteries and start on low settings. If it gets hot quicker that what it did... dismantle and use as paperweight. Hope the info helps. Ive helped a friend or 2 with these and they both seem to work after a good clean and battery check.

It depends on a few factors. If the casing is made from pewter then it won't rust... but the screws might. The circuit boards in vape build are not as sensitive as the circuit board in lets say your PC or phone.

If you took out the batteries immediately after the incident then you should be fine. To be on the safe side.... open it up and clean it with a earbud and some clean alcohol to get the sticky lemonade off that might short circuit on the board.

Thing is you know your device before it went for a swim. Insert the batteries and start on low settings. If it gets hot quicker that what it did... dismantle and use as paperweight. Hope the info helps. Ive helped a friend or 2 with these and they both seem to work after a good clean and battery check.
I did just that. Was unsure on how quick things would go bad if they did or how batteries react to short circuits.

I gave it a good clean and stood outside with the mod at arms distance, nothing got hot and nothing feels different. Mod fires just like it did before the hangover.

Luckily i did take out the batteries straight away and haven't put them in since, it had a good 3 months to dry xD

So all is working great again and i have my sweet RX back in the family :)

Step 1: Place in rice.
Step 2: Wait for the rice to attract Asians who will fix it for you.

Glad I could give some assistance. Just in future keep an eye on the temp. If it starts heating up or something not normal then switch off and take the batteries out. Electronic goods in this day and age are mass produced and are not supposed to last long. The days of getting 5 year waarenties are long gone. Rule of thumb is "the worst part or resistor has a warranty of max 2 years then the manufacturer will have a 1 year warranty"

Back