Post VapeCon interview

SparkySA

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
These are a few questions I would like to ask the eciggs staff about Vapecon

1. After spending 2 days at vapecon what was the thing that worried you guys the most but turned out a huge succes

2. When you sneeze is it fruity or desserty?

3. What was the wierdest thing you saw at vapecon besides me

4. Is there something that made you go woowww that's awesome

5. If there is one thing you would change or improve what would that be and why?

6. What is your current vape setup(Addy and mod)

@Rob Fisher and the rest of the organizers

Great questions @SparkySA

I will try answer

1. After spending 2 days at vapecon what was the thing that worried you guys the most but turned out a huge success
For me it was the unknown. We plan for several things that could go wrong, but one never knows at an event like this what could go wrong. Anything out of the ordinary that one wouldn't think could happen. Thankfully nothing like that happened and the problems that did occur were manageable and we could deal with them. But that's what worries me the most - things one cant plan for easily.

Fruity Ice

I didnt see you @SparkySA - so apologies for that - I have to say I didnt see any very weird things this year. Last year there was a guy with a gas mask in the queue (you can see the picture of him in last year's photo thread).

Yes, there were a few. The Vaporesso stand, the amount of International exhibitors (well, that was no suprise, since we knew in advance having signed them up) but seeing them on the day was quite something. Timo ODV. The Gobo light with our VapeCon logo. The photowall underneath the soundbooth - we weren't sure how that would turn out but it turned out to be awesome.

5. If there is one thing you would change or improve what would that be and why?
Not much really - we did everything we planned to do and it worked out well. I'd say I would have liked the general volume of the sound system to have been lowered a bit throughout the event. We have noted this.

I have about 6 vapes in rotation at most times. Currently vaping my Reo/RM2 with Blackbird in it and a Minikin with disposable Mystique and Prime Vape PomCool in.

Here we go @SparkySA

1. After spending 2 days at vapecon what was the thing that worried you guys the most but turned out a huge succes

After having done this for a few years and knowing just how much preparation that Hi Ho @Silver does there wasn't anything that was worrying me... I guess I was worried about the economic climate and that did have an effect on the numbers but despite a slight drop in number VapeCon was a huge success! I always base success on happy vendors and happy visitors and I know both were happy!

Icy and fruity! :)

There wasn't much in the way of Weirdos this year... some coloured hair but I love that... nothing comes to mind but maybe that's because I'm used to Vape Conventions and very little seems weird these days!

A few of the stands like Vaporesso, White Snow and Smok... also the massive screen at the Riot Squad stand... and some of the promo girls! :h:

The team was really on track this year and it has to have been the smoothest VapeCon ever... I can't say I was stressed at any time... I guess there is the odd tweak here and there but nothing substantial to change... personally I would turn the music down a bit but maybe that's just because I'm an old fart!

Spyder GT and Dvarw DL

I will try answer

1. After spending 2 days at vapecon what was the thing that worried you guys the most but turned out a huge success
For me it was the unknown. We plan for several things that could go wrong, but one never knows at an event like this what could go wrong. Anything out of the ordinary that one wouldn't think could happen. Thankfully nothing like that happened and the problems that did occur were manageable and we could deal with them. But that's what worries me the most - things one cant plan for easily.

Fruity Ice

I didnt see you @SparkySA - so apologies for that - I have to say I didnt see any very weird things this year. Last year there was a guy with a gas mask in the queue (you can see the picture of him in last year's photo thread).

Yes, there were a few. The Vaporesso stand, the amount of International exhibitors (well, that was no suprise, since we knew in advance having signed them up) but seeing them on the day was quite something. Timo ODV. The Gobo light with our VapeCon logo. The photowall underneath the soundbooth - we weren't sure how that would turn out but it turned out to be awesome.

Not much really - we did everything we planned to do and it worked out well. I'd say I would have liked the general volume of the sound system to have been lowered a bit throughout the event. We have noted this.

I have about 6 vapes in rotation at most times. Currently vaping my Reo/RM2 with Blackbird in it and a Minikin with disposable Mystique and Prime Vape PomCool in.
Thanks for the reply, it's always great to hear from the admins and you can be proud of this year it looked amazing, it was my first expo ever and I was very impressed and will go next year as well, will start to save from tommorow....

@SparkySA

I was most worried that @Silver would have a medical emergency, but yeah.. things turned out alright this year, mostly buttery smooth.

Tobacco Cigar with a kick

@Daniel :AREYOUSERIOUS: in the best way. :dance1:

The Coffee van from Rebel Revolution Vape

The only two things that come to mind are the weather and attendance. But both are beyond our control.

Sigelei Shikra + Aegis Single coil | Voopoo Alpha One + Aegis Single Coil. (Just add some good 18mg Tobacco juice) :HOLYFECK:

Last edited:
Hehehe ek dink nou daaraan.... Die promo girls het amper so lekker gelyk soos die juices op vapecon

I will try answer

Fruity Ice

@Silver so you got yourself a disposable Mystique! What do you think of it?

@SparkySA

I was most worried that @Silver would have a medical emergency, but yeah.. things turned out alright this year, mostly buttery smooth.

The only two things that come to mind are the weather and attendance. But both are beyond our control.

Sigelei Shikra + Aegis Single coil | Voopoo Alpha One + Aegis Single Coil. (Just add some good 18mg Tobacco juice) :HOLYFECK:

What was the problem with the weather @Alex?

Here we go @SparkySA

A few of the stands like Vaporesso, White Snow and Smok... also the massive screen at the Riot Squad stand... and some of the promo girls! :h:

@Rob Fisher loves the girls :-D. There are always pics of him flanked by two young beauties!

@Rob Fisher loves the girls :-D. There are always pics of him flanked by two young beauties!

Yeah problem is them girls only do that kind of thing if you are holding a puppy or if your on pension... if us slightly younger lot tries to have a picture with one on each arm... Your a creep :(

Yeah problem is them girls only do that kind of thing if you are holding a puppy or if your on pension... if us slightly younger lot tries to have a picture with one on each arm... Your a creep :(

(Must remember to bring a puppy with next year..)

@Silver so you got yourself a disposable Mystique! What do you think of it?

Indeed I did - I actually got a pack of 3 before VapeCon because I was struggling to find time to pitstop all my devices - it would have taken me about an hour or two to pitstop and I just ran out of time. So the Mystique came to the rescue.

Loving it. Flavour is about 7/10 - not quite in the leagues of a Skyline or Dvarw - but the tradeoff is a good one. No pitstopping required - just put on a new tank and off you go. I think I will use it more frequently for those situations where you need to go quickly to an unexpected meeting. Its great and I am enjoying it!

So how do you guys process al this, I mean I am overwhelmed having 2 working mods with addys, you guys get bombarded by people like me with stupid questions all the time, and not talking about the reviews and stuff

I would also like to review a juice or 2 nudge nudge wink wink....... I mean who says no to sample juice....... Ummmm not me

@SparkySA

Thanks for the great feedback

I would also like to review a juice or 2 nudge nudge wink wink....... I mean who says no to sample juice....... Ummmm not me
Reviewers buy their own stuff and review it. After a long time of doing regular reviews and people actually find your reviews interresting, vendors/manufacturers might start to send you stuff to review. The really good/top reviewers still buy their own stuff, so they have regular reviews and not just wait a month or two till they get new stuff for free, and most important if you buy yourself, people will trust your reviews more because then you will tell the truth and not lie to get more free stuff

There was a big scandal involving a reviewer years ago where it came out that his reviews where bought. I am not going to name fingers and point faces but his reputation is still to this day very much hammered because of it. basically what i am saying is rather buy and review then get caught in that same trap. thats why so many reviewers today start there reviews with "This product was sent to me" Or "This product was purchased for the..."

Indeed I did - I actually got a pack of 3 before VapeCon because I was struggling to find time to pitstop all my devices - it would have taken me about an hour or two to pitstop and I just ran out of time. So the Mystique came to the rescue.

Loving it. Flavour is about 7/10 - not quite in the leagues of a Skyline or Dvarw - but the tradeoff is a good one. No pitstopping required - just put on a new tank and off you go. I think I will use it more frequently for those situations where you need to go quickly to an unexpected meeting. Its great and I am enjoying it!

Wow! I think the Mystique's flavour is superb (for most flavours), but of course I haven't vaped a Skyline or Dvarw! The latter must be phenomenal then!

There was a big scandal involving a reviewer years ago where it came out that his reviews where bought. I am not going to name fingers and point faces but his reputation is still to this day very much hammered because of it. basically what i am saying is rather buy and review then get caught in that same trap. thats why so many reviewers today start there reviews with "This product was sent to me" Or "This product was purchased for the..."
Aaaahhh it makes sense, my reviews would suck anyway

I would go:

I purchased the new RUMPLEFORESKIN MEGA mod from OOM JAPIE'S rook en kook shop

When I press da button I go OOOOHHHH and when I release it I go AWEEEE

the battery door open and closes like a Brakpan garage door. Of so iets

Ek moet eerder nie review nie, mag dalk hofsake en mense se gevoelens seermaak..... Ek hou maar verby

Last edited:
Wow! I think the Mystique's flavour is superb (for most flavours), but of course I haven't vaped a Skyline or Dvarw! The latter must be phenomenal then!

You have no idea what you are missing out on.

Back