I have been to a few stores and had great experiences where the assistance was professional and well informed, to name a few : Vape Club, Sir Vape, Sky Blue Vaping, The Cloud Lounge Centurion, Noon Clouds, Vaperite Pretoria East.

My not so good experience:
Vape King Centurion- Rude, uninformed, wanted a quick sale.
Glad they are no more there, they were damaging the respected name of Vape King.

Being professional in any business goes along way.

Last edited:
Always a pleasure. Advice and good conversation is always free and just part of what we do!

Ive ordered from you a few times @Maxxis but have never popped into the store because of travel reasons , i need to make a plan bud.

Lung Candy service is top notch and Johan is very helpful, hes helped me even over text and didn't mind one single bit or make it sound like i was being a pain even though i know i was being a pain myself :)

Last edited:
Ive ordered from you a few times @Maxxis but have never popped into the store because of travel reasons , i need to make a plan bud.

Lung Candy service is top notch and Johan is very helpful, hes helped me even over text and didn't mind one single bit or make it aound like i was being a pain even though i know i was being a pain myself :)

Now im just blushing. Thanks so much for the kind words.

As a vendor I can only thank every one for this thread.

We ave already put processes in place to improve the experience of shopping with Vape Cartel :) We have also taken everything mentioned here in to account and we will build even further on the plans currently in place
@KieranD you have nothing to worry about... I can single VC out as THE best Vape Shop experience in RSA.

@KieranD you have nothing to worry about... I can single VC out as THE best Vape Shop experience in RSA.

Thank you!!!
But in an ever evolving industry, we need to too!

We are working on something epic for everyone :) Trust me the customer experience we are putting in place will be NEXT LEVEL!!! :D

This is why I love the community!Vape stores need to step it up. The one gripe I have is that most of the juice we see on sale is made in a garage, spare room, kitchen etc. I believe that vendors that stock juice need to take accountability for the juice they stock and ensure that the juice is made in a clean environment, with the correct equipment etc. This should be a priority in my opinion. If someone falls Ill from juice they buy at a vendor then what?

I just want to add to my previous ramblings in this thread.

To keep up a friendly face even if you are having a *** day is part of profesionalism.

Just had the worst experience. Have 4 setups at home, freshly pitstopped, waiting for their own juices. I also got a sample of a berry flavor from my brother that tickled my fancy, since it was never in my rotation. So off to our favourite B&M we went to try something new... Arrived there and the experience was so bad we only left with one juice.

I honestly hope this was a once off case and that it will not repeat. I really like the shop and refer everyone to them for their friendly service. But aftee today I Will rethink that.

Have a wonderful weekend.

PS I ommited names andvreferences ro who assisted us, since we were recently informed that we will get our butts sued if we name and shame.

I can single VC out as THE best Vape Shop experience in RSA
I would love to use them ..... if only they got in gear as quick as Sir Vape as well as the variety.

PS I ommited names andvreferences ro who assisted us, since we were recently informed that we will get our butts sued if we name and shame.
You can name the bastids as long as it is a factual account and you have a witness to collaborate and confirm your experience.

@KieranD

Including @Anneries, @Keanan23 and me, that makes 3 people so far (this thread is less than a week old) who have had bad experiences with your Cape Town branch.
I think you need to investigate.

I just want to add to my previous ramblings in this thread.

To keep up a friendly face even if you are having a *** day is part of profesionalism.

Just had the worst experience. Have 4 setups at home, freshly pitstopped, waiting for their own juices. I also got a sample of a berry flavor from my brother that tickled my fancy, since it was never in my rotation. So off to our favourite B&M we went to try something new... Arrived there and the experience was so bad we only left with one juice.

I honestly hope this was a once off case and that it will not repeat. I really like the shop and refer everyone to them for their friendly service. But aftee today I Will rethink that.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Best thing is always to resolve directly with the owners of the stores. They are there to listen and respond to feedback.

If they fail to resolve the issues to your satisfaction and it is a reasonable request then by all means you have the right to address the issues in public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im 1 of those people who prefer buying online rather than from a store,this way I can take all the time I want and decide what I want,if I really need to hold some gear in my hand then obviously I would go in,recently I have noticed that Vape Cartel have been in the forefront when it comes to new stuff,especially the Smok products,not only are they the 1st to get it in the country,they are also the cheapest,im really impressed because they get certain items weeks before other vendors,including Sir Vape as @KZOR mentioned,eveyday I check Vape Cartels website 1st before any other,overall I think all vendors have their ups and downs but @KieranD seems to be having alotta ups recently,keep it up!

Ironically the best service I've ever received has always been at the Twisp stalls. This is one of the reasons they've managed to corner the market. Polite staff . Knowledgeable(somewhat) on the product they're selling & are approachable to noobs. Say what you will about corporates but they sure know how to keep their staff in check.

Only been to two B&M stored in Durban & what I noticed at both places is that regular customers or their mates seem to get priority . God forbid if a noob dares to interrupt the Bromance by asking for assistance.

This is a great thread and i will re-iterate what I said previously - let it contain tips and feedback for the vendors to try gain some good insight on what we as customers would like to see - so they can use it to "up their game".

Here's one from me - a smile and a friendly polite attitude goes a long way to making a customer feel happy and willing to spend.

I have gone into stores where people look like they are more interested in their cell phones than what I am looking for. Have also been in one or two stores where the staff were just really so unhappy and disinterested that I walked straight out after a few minutes.

It's interesting what @Ashley A said in post #23 on page 1 of this thread - that one has to ask all the time - what is that and what is the price of this etc. Its funny how when I go into another store, say a Cape Union Mart for example, I actually dont want to be interfered with 90% of the time. I just want to look at all the stuff and touch and feel it and will ask a question if I need to. And when i do, 99% of the time there is someone right there, ready to help.

I know Vape stores are relatively new, are far smaller and have less staff (for now) but the concept of being able to see all the items with prices and "browse" before engaging or asking questions seems almost non existent in the stores i have visited. Maybe the stores need to investigate better ways to display the gear (and prices) and make it easier to see whats available and on offer. Perhaps that is something to consider more seriously as the industry grows...

Anyway, I am just so proud of all the awesome vendors we have access to here in SA. Am proud of all the hard work they have put in, the risks they have taken and the courage they display. Its quite heartening to hear of many folk that have given up their day jobs to pursue their passion and turn it into a great business.

I would love to use them ..... if only they got in gear as quick as Sir Vape as well as the variety.

You can name the bastids as long as it is a factual account and you have a witness to collaborate and confirm your experience.
@KZOR I do believe that we do carry the variety as some other stores, if not even more.
We ensure that we cater for every single segment of the market. We have got without a doubt one of the biggest stock holding in SA

We do not get shipments as frequently as other stores yes, but this allows us to bundle massive shipments together and deliver you guys the VERY BEST pricing on the market

@KieranD

Including @Anneries, @Keanan23 and me, that makes 3 people so far (this thread is less than a week old) who have had bad experiences with your Cape Town branch.
I think you need to investigate.

@ddk1979
Please could you PM me or email me what has happened so that I can investigate this and rectify with all you guys

Tagging @capetocuba here too :)

The customer isn't always right but he is always king. Period.

Simple formula for a successful business.

I have to actually comment on here for my experience at H2Vape in Durbs last weekend.

The place was jam packed, but plenty of people behind the counter. Even saw the a couple of people come in who were clearly new to the vaping thing with many questions, and there staff were attentive (spotting a scared new customer hiding behind 50 people that are just hanging around the counter), addressing them, answering all their questions, and just overall a seriously impressive performance.

Well done to Mark (I think) and his team there @h2vape ! You guys set an amazing standard that would be great to see more often!

The customer isn't always right but he is always king. Period.

Something I learned and something that I am pushing down in my department is :

The customer isn't always right, but always treat him right.

:b2:
This is exactly why I'm very scared to visit a shop. I've been vaping for quite some time now, and I've never put a foot into a shop. I do all my shopping and research online.

I actually tried getting my dad off the analogues for like ever, and one day he caved and we went to a vape store near his house to get him a decent setup and a few juices... what. a. mistake.

I have never seen a facial expression displaying such disgust from him, and keep in mind that I am his child, and most of his grey hairs are there as a result of me...

anyways, we walk into the store, which will remain unnamed, and there were like 10 kids on a couch in the corner shouting and swearing, playing with computers, the people behind the counter were the ones being sworn at (all jokingly) heavy metal blaring through the speakers (hence the shouting) we stood at the counter for what seemed like 10mins, in a shop with no other customers (go figure) before someone refrained from their vulgar shouting and joking before we were paid any attention, no "Hi, how can we help" the little snot nose told my father "what's up toppie" and that was it.

okay my dad is not a spring chicken anymore, but this? needless to say, We left.

We walked out and since then I have not been in a vape shop, apart from Vapers Corner or The Vapery. Other than that I buy all I need online...
and that's the problem, I want to be able to go into a shop and hold the mods and taste the juices and hear what the sales guy is telling me about the product (not shouting some kak over deafening metal)

Then there's the "I'm way cooler than you, so I'm gonna be straight up condescending" attitude that goes with all of this.

these kids think they are sooo smart, it's sickening. I was once told "are you sure you even know what vaping is?"

With the vape industry being what it is with vape shops popping up like a pimples on a teenagers face, one would think that the market would evolve.

Take Vapers Corner for instance, you walk in, everybody is friendly as hell, you sit down at the counter, the guys there talk about builds and recipes and all sorts of things, they build and fit coils for you, you have a slush while they clean your RDA's and Tanks in an ultrasonic cleaner, just an overall professional experience. now compare this to the experience I described in the other vape shop...

all I want is for these guys to stop treating their shops like a 90's biker tattoo parlor and show a little respect for your patrons, because if you carry on this way the only clientele you are going to get is the ones still living with their mom and dad, too young to earn money to spend at your store, where they shouldn't be in the first place.

on a totally unrelated note, how suggestive are all these emoji's??:b2: :ladiesman: :69: :encama: :zlumi:

I have only visited three different vape shops on five occasions and can not say I have had any bad experiences. Also, come to think of it, no outstanding experiences either.

I have had great and even outstanding support online when dealing with some prominent vendors though. I think the concerns being raised above may indicate that in some cases the front line staff do not share the same dedication to excellence as the business owners do. When the cats away, the mice will play.

Having worked in sales on the customer facing side of things early on in my career, I can vouch for it not being something you can entrust to any person walking in from the street or an aunties cousin that needs a job and looks the part. Its a tough job that requires maturity, nerves of steel, patience and the ability to make even the most obnoxious customer believe you really loved serving him/her. Sales, especially retail front line, is an art.

Training is critical, talent is essential. Having spent all the effort and expense to get the client's feet in the door, losing a sale and repeat patronage due to "that will do" service levels is such a shame. Such a waste.

Dear vendors, please do not neglect the image your front line staff portray, it is the image the customer will remember and judge your whole brand by.

Regards

I have only visited three different vape shops on five occasions and can not say I have had any bad experiences. Also, come to think of it, no outstanding experiences either.

I have had great and even outstanding support online when dealing with some prominent vendors though. I think the concerns being raised above may indicate that in some cases the front line staff do not share the same dedication to excellence as the business owners do. When the cats away, the mice will play.

Having worked in sales on the customer facing side of things early on in my career, I can vouch for it not being something you can entrust to any person walking in from the street or an aunties cousin that needs a job and looks the part. Its a tough job that requires maturity, nerves of steel, patience and the ability to make even the most obnoxious customer believe you really loved serving him/her. Sales, especially retail front line, is an art.

Training is critical, talent is essential. Having spent all the effort and expense to get the client's feet in the door, losing a sale and repeat patronage due to "that will do" service levels is such a shame. Such a waste.

Dear vendors, please do not neglect the image your front line staff portray, it is the image the customer will remember and judge your whole brand by.

Regards

Very well said @Raindance !!

It may sound cliched, but a complaint is an opportunity. If a customer is unhappy or complains, be he right or wrong, he is doing you a tremendous favour. Gratis, free and for nothing.

If he is right, fix the underlying problem and improve your business. If he is wrong, fix the perception being created by something not being presented correctly. Either way, him (please read he/she etc) opening his mouth about it is gold to your business.

Service if the most important aspect of a shop .. whether online or walk in ... and when a newby walks in they need proper guidance as to start this new passion ...

Back