Quad coil

Smokie2809

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guy I have a postless RDTA and I was wondering if I can put a quad coil in it and is it advisable to use that build on a mech?

Yes @Steyn777 it's 4 wires together. This is how it looks
IMG_20180503_104204.jpg
@Smokie2809 it's not the type of coil but the resistance of the build u need to be careful about when u are building for a mech mod.

@Smokie2809 do you mean coils like the ones @Faiyaz Cheulkar posted, or a setup like this...

download.jpg

Either way you can definitely try, but just check your build's ohm reading before putting it on a mech, make sure it's in a safe range.

Also, if it's a setup like above, it might be a good idea to run it on a regulated device for a bit first, to make sure nothing moves too much during use.

@Stosta I'm speaking about the build, ill be using Ni80 parallel I'll use a coil build tool to see what would be the proper amount of wraps I should do

@Stosta I'm speaking about the build, ill be using Ni80 parallel I'll use a coil build tool to see what would be the proper amount of wraps I should do

Quad coil means deviding ohms by 4 from a single coil. You'll have to go very very thin wire if you want to make a quad coil that won't give you an almost dead short in resistance and then using it on a mech.........mmmm. Not worth it.

Back