Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
I hardly use anything else other than locally made quality fused Clapton coils these days! After having tried all these exotic coils (Chinese mass produced) and given it up as a marketing hype BS story I switched back to my Ni80 coils... and then @RiaanRed asked if he could send me some of his coils to test and I said sure... but in the back of my mind I expected more of the same over-hyped BS.

I finally decided to pop one in my Skyline and wicked it up not expecting anything... the vape was just WOW! I picked up the phone and asked Riaan why the coils were so good compared to all the other exotic coils I had tried before and his answer was the quality of the Ni80 he imported to make the coils with. I have been sold on the coils ever since!

There are a hand full of local coil makers that produce really nice and high quality coils and I would highly recommend you try them... especially if you have been using mass produced Chinese crap. If you pay attention to the coils they last really well!

One of my converts popped in today for a visit and he asked me to rewick his Zeus because he wasn't getting the flavour from the tank that he did when he first got it from me... I asked him what coil was in it and he told me he went to a local vape store who sold him the coil and installed it. Yes it was a mass produced Chinese Clapton.

So I took it out and threw it in the bin and got a Fused Clapton from my precious stock and then rewicked it with Titanium Fiber Cotton and refilled his tank with Red Pill.

I just wish I had videoed the reaction because it was just classic! He was over the moon and really happy and was eager to find out what the hell I had done to his tank to totally change it for him.

Do yourself a favour and get a locally produced high quality fused clapton and try it. You will never spend money on a mass produced coil again!

Coils 001.JPG

as a noob to all things vape, how would i take proper care of such a coil to make it last as long as possible?
and what is the average life span of such a coil (the fused clapton's for example)?

I hardly use anything else other than locally made quality fused Clapton coils these days! After having tried all these exotic coils (Chinese mass produced) and given it up as a marketing hype BS story I switched back to my Ni80 coils... and then @RiaanRed asked if he could send me some of his coils to test and I said sure... but in the back of my mind I expected more of the same over-hyped BS.

I finally decided to pop one in my Skyline and wicked it up not expecting anything... the vape was just WOW! I picked up the phone and asked Riaan why the coils were so good compared to all the other exotic coils I had tried before and his answer was the quality of the Ni80 he imported to make the coils with. I have been sold on the coils ever since!

There are a hand full of local coil makers that produce really nice and high quality coils and I would highly recommend you try them... especially if you have been using mass produced Chinese crap. If you pay attention to the coils they last really well!

One of my converts popped in today for a visit and he asked me to rewick his Zeus because he wasn't getting the flavour from the tank that he did when he first got it from me... I asked him what coil was in it and he told me he went to a local vape store who sold him the coil and installed it. Yes it was a mass produced Chinese Clapton.

So I took it out and threw it in the bin and got a Fused Clapton from my precious stock and then rewicked it with Titanium Fiber Cotton and refilled his tank with Red Pill.

I just wish I had videoed the reaction because it was just classic! He was over the moon and really happy and was eager to find out what the hell I had done to his tank to totally change it for him.

Do yourself a favour and get a locally produced high quality fused clapton and try it. You will never spend money on a mass produced coil again!

View attachment 123939

I agree with you totally on this point of local is lekker’der than imported. @smilelykumeenit i had one of his coil in the wasp until recently and it performed good. I am well impressed with his skil as a coil wrapper.

as a noob to all things vape, how would i take proper care of such a coil to make it last as long as possible?
and what is the average life span of such a coil (the fused clapton's for example)?

I get 2-3 months out of a decent Fused Clapton @veecee. What I do is remove the old wick and then wash the tank and then I heat up the coil and cool it down under a running hot water tap... 2-3 times seem to be optimum for me and you can visually see the coil coming back to life.

Also a tip I got from @smilelykumeenit was to install the new coil into the tank or dripper and then take a toothbrush, warm water and sunlight soap and clean the coil gently... rinse really well and the I dry burn and strum the coil with ceramic tweezers to remove hot spots and bingo... ready for your wick!

I get 2-3 months out of a decent Fused Clapton @veecee. What I do is remove the old wick and then wash the tank and then I heat up the coil and cool it down under a running hot water tap... 2-3 times seem to be optimum for me and you can visually see the coil coming back to life.

Also a tip I got from @smilelykumeenit was to install the new coil into the tank or dripper and then take a toothbrush, warm water and sunlight soap and clean the coil gently... rinse really well and the I dry burn and strum the coil with ceramic tweezers to remove hot spots and bingo... ready for your wick!
Thx for the tips. When a commercial coil last two weeks, then 2-3 months is a big win.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I have also been using all kinds of wire and coils and finally got these coils and never looked or tried anything else..nano claptons is all i use these days in rta' and rda's.

And I was under the impression that all wire was made equal.

So if im ever in a bind, I will think twice about tearing chicken wire fence apart to make a coil!!!

And I was under the impression that all wire was made equal.

So if im ever in a bind, I will think twice about tearing chicken wire fence apart to make a coil!!!

Today I was Builder's Warehouse and saw 24g resistance wire. Not sure what it was made from but it was cheap as chips. Stand to be corrected but like R70 for 50m. The thought did cross my mind.

As i work out of country for 30 days(4weeks on/4weeks off) in the oil and gas industry. I do not have the time to worry about thinking what wire this and what wire that i need to take on my trip. With a trusty set of coils from @smilelykumeenit i dont need to worry at all. One set gives me such a nice vape, every day, all day. When i arrive i install my set and im good to go for 30days (given i rewick every day). Quality coils are worth the money peeps! So reliable ! Can not agree with you more @Rob Fisher

I used to get these demon killer / geekvape / coil master mass production chinese garbage. Once i started using quality produced local coils, i could not believe what i was missing out on.

Agree 100% @Rob Fisher with your OP , buying these awesome coils from our local guys is a no brainer especially if you running a single coil atty.

That means a set of coils that cost R150 bucks is gonna last you around 6 months one coil per 3 months. Heck ive even run the same coil for up to 6 months as i rotate my gear.

I have found great pleasure in using coils from @RiaanRed aka coil company and more recently i have been loving the coils from @Kaos aka V Corp Vaping.

20180304_001533.jpg

Back