Quick look at the Cthulhu V2

Makes me worry a bit about the cloudmaker.. one of the same guys involved with the c'thulu is behind that :p

@Mike and @Method thanks for the responses guys, glad I'm not the only one!

The flavour is going to have to impress me lots to overlook the QC issues.

Edit: just noticed the wear on the adjustable pin and I never come near it with screw driver

ebd84eef986f2a3a248742cdecea85d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Mike and @Method thanks for the responses guys, glad I'm not the only one!

The flavour is going to have to impress me lots to overlook the QC issues.

Edit: just noticed the wear on the adjustable pin and I never come near it with screw driver

ebd84eef986f2a3a248742cdecea85d4.jpg

Jeez, looks like UD was in a big hurry to ship these out, this is very poor form on their part. I will be waiting for the Cthulhu v2.1

Jeez, looks like UD was in a big hurry to ship these out, this is very poor form on their part. I will be waiting for the Cthulhu v2.1

Not made by UD, I expect the quality would be better if it was.

@moonunit - Mine looks fine - just a cursory inspection. Still trying to figure out how the JFC works! AFC is quite loose, but seems to hold it position when screwed onto a mod. Will have to be a very good vape to beat the Goliath V2.

Did anyone raise these issues with the vendor? My excitement to get mine is dampened now....

Hey guys there a few niggles here and there we have picked up as well. The machining & QC was not the greatest and have chatted them earlier this eve regarding that. Please any issue mail us and please send through pics. Replacement parts will be sent in with second batch.

Look it's a great tank and the flavour is seriously up there with the best. I take my hat off to them on the design (apparently they going to have additional configuration decks in the future - which is really cool) but yeah machining mmmm could have been much better. I think they rushed it slightly towards the end which is disappointing. They are small company and have a great loyal following but need to up the game in QC.

Just been looking at reviews online forums and seems to be similar issues but guys are more than happy with the tank. The Cthulhu Team are not ignoring the issues and will send me parts down that are needed to fix any issues.

@method1 Craig going to give you a bell regarding your query

@Sire Vape thanks for the feedback!

Just test mine and the flavour is excellent

so in the meantime, trying to get some joy out of this thing, anyone got any build / wicking tips?

Now I am in two minds about getting this tank. Was really looking forward to it tho

If you're on the fence, I reckon it's worth waiting until they iron out the QC issues.

so in the meantime, trying to get some joy out of this thing, anyone got any build / wicking tips?
Are you getting dry hits or flooding?

I put around 1/2 the wick down into the wide section of the juice channel and the rest pushed down on top. Had to fiddle a bit with the juice control thingy cause it initially flooded, but been fine since. Chain vaped at 55watts trying to get a dry hit, flavour and clouds all the way. Took it down to 25watts and chain vaped trying to get it to flood and not a single juice out the air holes.

Will still need to fiddle a bit to fine tune coils and wicking. Find building coils on the dual deck a bit time consuming as I wasn't used to the post design because the are quite far apart. My usual 9 wrap 2.5dia 24g was a bit of stretch to get it. Thinking of trying 22g 10 wrap dual coils.

Are you getting dry hits or flooding?

I put around 1/2 the wick down into the wide section of the juice channel and the rest pushed down on top. Had to fiddle a bit with the juice control thingy cause it initially flooded, but been fine since. Chain vaped at 55watts trying to get a dry hit, flavour and clouds all the way. Took it down to 25watts and chain vaped trying to get it to flood and not a single juice out the air holes.

Will still need to fiddle a bit to fine tune coils and wicking. Find building coils on the dual deck a bit time consuming as I wasn't used to the post design because the are quite far apart. My usual 9 wrap 2.5dia 24g was a bit of stretch to get it. Thinking of trying 22g 10 wrap dual coils.

Thanks, I'll try pushing the wicks a bit further into the channels.

Not dry hits but verging on it.. I've tried the "swiss roll" wick thing and it didn't work for me in this tank. My single coil attempt with 24g was a dismal failure, duals working a bit better but haven't got any good results yet other than a brief spell of great flavour before I started getting the "semi dry hit" :p

For anyone who had the v1 and now has the v2, any similarity as far as wicking goes?

@method watched a vid on YouTube earlier where the guy reviewing the V2 said to watch his V1 for how to wick the V2. Didn't get time to watch the vid though and haven't check the deck on the V1.

Will have a look of I can find it again.

So far mine also seems to have no issues. It Vapes and tastes tops. Thanks Sir Vape

When it comes to the wicking you need look at the channels and make sure the wick sits about half way! This works best for me :p

I also removed that ring cause it limits you to the amount of wick i explained earlier :p

Agree or disagree, this is my opinion.

They rushed to get this tank released, completely forgetting quality and functionality. Juice flow is completely useless on this tank, rather hold your mod upside down and open the airflow after refilling.

I know you could not wait for the release and your mind is telling you to believe this is a good tank because of all the hype and cool features, it's really just an ok tank.

I recommend you hold on to your billow v2 because it definitely feels of quality compared to the cthulhu v2. The threads are horrible and dud parts are rife.

Now let's pray they assign EHPRO to manufacture Cthulhu v2.1

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Hi, is the paint good on the black one. Can't seem to find images?

Back