R.I.P my friend, you deserve a post.

MrGSmokeFree

Loves tobacco juice with a kick
ECIGSSA Donor
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Awards
We all have that "special" vape gear item that we love and it has a special meaning to you.

Well mine was my istick ipower 80w. It was my first "mod" and later became my "mod" that I used when I work in the garden or garage. You could kick it step on it drop it and it would keep on working.

So two weeks ago I get a call from my buddy. "My mod broke, can you help me out?" Sure I told him.

So I borrowed him my trusty little friend the istick ipower 80w.

So on Friday I get a call from him " The mod smells funny" what do you mean it smells funny I asked him? He told me "it is a burning smell and it does not switch on or charge"

So I told him rather not to use it. I had it for 3 years and never had any problems.

Got my istick ipower 80w back and opened it up to see if I could revive him and behold more juice on the inside than my tank can hold and the circuit board is fried.
20200814_193126.jpg 20200814_194313.jpg 20200814_193146.jpg 20200814_194258.jpg
R.I.P my little friend you served me well and you deserve a post on ecigssa.

We all have that "special" vape gear item that we love and it has a special meaning to you.

Well mine was my istick ipower 80w. It was my first "mod" and later became my "mod" that I used when I work in the garden or garage. You could kick it step on it drop it and it would keep on working.

So two weeks ago I get a call from my buddy. "My mod broke, can you help me out?" Sure I told him.

So on Friday I get a call from him " The mod smells funny" what do you mean it smells funny I asked him? He told me "it is a burning smell and it does not switch on or charge"

So I told him rather not to use it. I had it for 3 years and never had any problems.

Got my istick ipower 80w back and opened it up to see if I could revive him and behold more juice on the inside than my tank can hold and the circuit board is fried.
View attachment 204441 View attachment 204442 View attachment 204443 View attachment 204444
I hope it smells like your favorite juice :D

I went through a similar experience last week with my favourite Artery Hive mod. I dropped him once too often, this time onto a tiled floor.

Poor little critter is hanging in there but only just. It will turn on and work until it goes into standby mode. When this happens it can only be revived by removing and replacing the batteries.

I have stopped using it out of respect. This also allows me to maintain the illusion that it is still OK.

I know where you are coming from @MrGSmokeFree

View attachment 204441 View attachment 204442 View attachment 204443 View attachment 204444

Hart sore indeed. Condolences to the charger.
At least lockdown is lifted so there can be a small funeral.

Sorry to hear about that @MrGSmokeFree
It’s funny how attached we get to devices
Some of mine don’t go out the house the last year or two just in case I lose them
It would be too devastating - they are older and not available anymore but serve me well - and we’ve bonded ;-)

I laid one of my Pico 25s to rest a short while ago and it is indeed sad to do so.

I got that Pico (blue and white) second-hand from @BumbleBee more than 4 years ago and it was my first mod with external batteries.

The mod was fine, but the spring mechanism in the battery dept. was not and the battery door kept popping open. I would tape it down every time I vaped but it looked so awful and thus gave me no pleasure in using it.

Still, I kept it in my cupboard for quite a long time. I just couldn't bring myself to throw it away. However, over the past few weeks I've been doing - and still doing - a complete clearing out and reorganisation of my home and so ... goodbye dear Pico.

Back