Yeah any job is better than nothing. I'm actually willing to go outside my scope just to support myself. Most of the IT jobs are not flexible for a deaf person. So back to square one with word of mouth through people I know as this job offer is through my stepdad's sister's daughter who I will be working with.

It's temporary so I will need to find something before the 4 months are over.

It will be easier once you are there, I think. You should go to your nearest "Job Centre" as soon as you are there. You probably know about them. They always have a lot of available jobs and you might just strike it lucky with something that suits you.

It will be easier once you are there, I think. You should go to your nearest "Job Centre" as soon as you are there. You probably know about them. They always have a lot of available jobs and you might just strike it lucky with something that suits you.
Lol I was just thinking about that. They do have a website that lists jobs available but I think it will be better if I went and spoke to someone in person.

Thanks @SmokeyJoe. Yeah I've noticed the price of the coils but that isn't going to stop me from building my own - I started with the iJust S, then the Pico and now I've ordered the Smoant Cylon after my faulty Battlestar was returned.

Speaking of Wotofo, I was just looking at it and liking the look very much. I can see there's lots of good RTA's out there so decided not to get the Oppo (sorry @Braki - this one had a review about leaking tanks, no thanks) and continue to do some more research before I decide on one. I've already ordered a sh!tload of 0.3 ohm notch coils and UD cotton for my EC coil building. I'll be honest with you, it's far much cheaper to build my own coils and actually, I enjoy the challenge too. I'm the kind of person that likes to keep my hands busy and I've noticed I'm getting bored with the "too easy" coil building with the notch coils. I need something different.

So far in favour of RTA's, the Ammit 25 and Wotofo is winning me over. I've been eyeing a few OBS RTA's as well.
Wow.

Looking back at this thread, I've definitely come a long way.

The Gear RTA is definitely a winner for sure, thanks @lesvaches

Congrats on the Visa @RainstormZA
How long is it for?

Please do keep in touch when you are on that side!

Congrats on the Visa @RainstormZA
How long is it for?

Please do keep in touch when you are on that side!
Thanks, of course I will continue to post here from that side.

My visa is 5 years, we applied for the ancestral visa.

I've just worked out what it would cost for me to diy in the UK. Good Lords, it's more expensive there. I guess we Saffers got it lucky for cheap VG and PG plus free nicotine mg choice. Two online shops offer nicotine shots of 18mg only in 10ml bottles. Yikes! Then there's the issue of finding concentrates - I can't find FA Jamaica rum and another concentrate I can't remember which.

It should run more or less of about 50 GBP a month on a few concentrates, 200ml vg/Pg and nicotine :eek:

So I think to be safer on this side is to mass produce my one juice recipe and take it over with me for at least 2 months.

Thanks, of course I will continue to post here from that side.

My visa is 5 years, we applied for the ancestral visa.

I've just worked out what it would cost for me to diy in the UK. Good Lords, it's more expensive there. I guess we Saffers got it lucky for cheap VG and PG plus free nicotine mg choice. Two online shops offer nicotine shots of 18mg only in 10ml bottles. Yikes! Then there's the issue of finding concentrates - I can't find FA Jamaica rum and another concentrate I can't remember which.

It should run more or less of about 50 GBP a month on a few concentrates, 200ml vg/Pg and nicotine :eek:

So I think to be safer on this side is to mass produce my one juice recipe and take it over with me for at least 2 months.

That's great @RainstormZA
And I am wishing you all the very best there. I hope it goes well for you and you succeed in what you want to do!

As for the DIY concentrates etc - don't worry, BLCK Vapour ships internationally :D

Yeah what would the shipping cost?

Seriously, 3rd online UK shop and no Jamaica Rum.

Im not sure about the shipping cost - but maybe get in touch with BLCK and ask them
If you order a fair amount I'm sure it wouldn't be too bad.
I suppose the heavy PG/VG by the litre wouldn't make sense - but for the hard to find concentrates, maybe it will work out well

Last edited:
Im not sure about the shipping cost - but maybe get it touch with BLCK and ask them
If you order a fair amount Im sure it wouldnt be too bad.
I suppose the heavy PG/VG by the litre wouldnt make sense - but for the hard to find concentrates, maybe it will work out well
Yeah I was thinking the same thing or I could just ask my mom to take local and bring it up when she comes through (before going to Holland).

The PG / VG is not too bad, the 3rd online shop had much cheaper so lets see as vaping is a lot more popular. Hundreds of one shots to choose from, hundreds of concentrate brand names (some I've never heard of before). Man, some of the comments are hilarious, I'm surprised a few "rude" ones were published in the reviews and I never laughed so hard in my life at this one review on the Monster MSV Mango Chiller one shot.

Besides the lack of availability on some concentrates, maybe it's time I move on and try new recipes. There are some pretty good recipes like strawberry milk, and a couple of ones I wanted to try like Strawberry & Glazed Doughnut, I loved that juice by Vape Africa but it was far too sweet for my liking. Plus a few good suggestions in my Flavour Additions thread as well.

Damn, I forgot about my favourite nicotine brand - Gold Nic, I swear after using this, I will never go back to any other brand. Maybe I should consider contacting Richio and find out what the shipping costs are. And check with UK customs on bringing in items that might not be allowed in the UK (apparently there's this story about the law trying to clamp down on high nicotine use).

Ooh I'm in trouble now.

I just got a mod and atty for reviewing. Only to find that mod takes 2 x 18650 batteries and I only have one. I guess I'll have to visit the new vape shop in PMB on Friday and pray they have the batteries in stock.

@Rob Fisher do you have their contact info so that I can email them and find out?

Review will come shortly after I get the extra batteries.

Ooh I'm in trouble now.

I just got a mod and atty for reviewing. Only to find that mod takes 2 x 18650 batteries and I only have one. I guess I'll have to visit the new vape shop in PMB on Friday and pray they have the batteries in stock.

@Rob Fisher do you have their contact info so that I can email them and find out?

If you are referring to Iron Lung Vapery, @BigGuy should be able to assist

Ooh I'm in trouble now.

vfXKA62x4Da.png

3 Miller street
3201 Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal
Get Directions
mYv88EsODOI.png

033 346 2959

Hi yes Iron lung does stock a variety of 18650 batteries.

So I've been given some hardware to review and thought why not get myself a reviewer title and a blog site to document everything.

So here it is - I'm getting things set up and sundry so give me a shout if you think something's out of place. I've not done this in a very long time.

https://thedeafvaperreviews.home.blog/

Oh by the way, I've only found one deaf vaper doing reviews and she's brilliant, I could really understand her ASL and most of my Sign Language is blended with ASL (American Sign Language) and SASL (South African Sign Language). ASL has the advantage over SASL because they have much more use of vocabulary with hand signs. She was just so easy to understand but my lipreading gives me a bigger advantage so some signs I did not know, I could just read it off her lips.

Maybe one day I will do video blogs like she has been doing.

Her channel here -

Well I just had a look at her channel - it's not full of vaping stuff so it's not a lot there to see about vaping-related stuff.

And another video - explaining how to clean coils, bottles, I didn't watch the whole thing yet.

Then there's this video, looked to be dated from May 2015 so not sure if there are any recent ones but I will find out as I explore some more.

Back