Lol, don't he go shopping, clean the house and cook dinner it's 2022! I am cooking Sunday roast as we speak as I do every Sunday, have already washed up and done some cleaning today if I left it all to my wife divorce would follow!
Hahaha he does cook and do laundry. He works in the restaurant sector so he does cook some good dishes.

I got myself some staggered coils and still trying to decide if I like them or not. Might be better off in my RDA as I’m getting some restricted airflow in the Gear RTA and might be time for me to get a new RTA, am eyeing the Zeus X Mesh but can’t find any in the uk as it’s out of stock everywhere

079980CF-BA56-45B3-9677-FE02DE8DFA32.jpeg07E81734-F6CE-45F5-847C-CAE76C1F6E79.jpegD329196B-AB46-41CC-8AC2-7C985A312F1A.jpegF988C799-2DCA-4F5D-83D7-0C098020C33C.jpegF6CFA277-84B3-4045-A5E5-743087513EA3.jpeg

I also need to get a new mod as well.

I keep talking about getting new stuff but something unforeseen happens and I have to pay for other stuff, so I keep on putting it off til I can afford it. Hopefully, after this month’s necessary expenses are sorted, I may just be able to get a new RTA and mod.

Last edited:
I got myself some staggered coils and still trying to decide if I like them or not. Might be better off in my RDA as I’m getting some restricted airflow in the Gear RTA and might be time for me to get a new RTA, am eyeing the Zeus X Mesh but can’t find any in the uk as it’s out of stock everywhere

View attachment 258366View attachment 258367View attachment 258368View attachment 258369View attachment 258370

I also need to get a new mod as well. My partner has the Vandyvape one and I like it as it holds either 18650 or 21700 batteries, interchangeable.

I keep talking about getting new stuff but something unforeseen happens and I have to pay for other stuff, so I keep on putting it off til I can afford it. Hopefully after this month’s necessary expenses are sorted, I may just be able to get a new RTA and mod.
A good shout especially as you have enjoyed the Gear so long would be the Ether!

Only £9.99 (absolute steal) but only available in Brushed Stainless Steel!

I can't seem to find any stockists in the UK so thinking of making my own as I can't find a better alternative to what I am currently using in my Gear RTA's.

So does this involve getting a spool of 30ga NI80 wire, a spool of 38ga NI80 wire and simply just three strands of the 30ga wrapped with the 38ga wire?

View attachment 258366View attachment 258367View attachment 258368View attachment 258369View attachment 258370

I also need to get a new mod as well. My partner has the Vandyvape one and I like it as it holds either 18650 or 21700 batteries, interchangeable.

I keep talking about getting new stuff but something unforeseen happens and I have to pay for other stuff, so I keep on putting it off til I can afford it. Hopefully after this month’s necessary expenses are sorted, I may just be able to get a new RTA and mod.
Some good options for the gear mid page:

I've just seen some stuff marked on discount and have decided to get the following:

Hellvape Dead Rabbit V2
Lost Vape Thelema Quest 200w box mod

Both of these in SS as the RTA is only available in SS and it will look stupid being mismatched with any other colour on the box mod. Then I'll get the 3 pack bubble glass for the RTA from Amazon for a steal too.

I don't think I'll go wrong with these two.

So I bit the bullet.

I just purchased the Hellvape Dead Rabbit V2 and Lost Vape Thelema Quest 200w Box mod. Ek kan nie wag nie!!!

I also went and bought the following Freezing Point concentrates to try out, though I have been purchasing Blackcurrant for a couple of months, decided it was time to try the other flavours - Cool Blackcurrant, Cool Mango, Cool Orange, Cool Pineapple, and Cool Watermelon.

Looks like I forgot to add the Strawberry as I wanted to mix this with the Watermelon but never mind, I'll do that on next purchase. I'm still on the search for the best watermelon-strawberry combo, I blame @Rob Fisher for this as he send me a really awesome strawberry and watermelon juice which I cannot find anywhere to buy so I am trying to make a similar one of it.

I have been wanting to expand my flavours but since having had COVID, I am unable to vape my recipes or any other ones without menthol in it as they make me cough and my throat burns. Life is not the same after COVID. So I am stuck on menthol cooling fruits and I need to have a variety - vaping the blackcurrant can get pretty old quickly so yeah this is why.

@Silver: it is a good mod, just a slight issue with being a chain vaper, it causes the screen to become slightly hot. At least I can still use it for my work breaks as I don't vape while I am at work. Thing with this mod is the nice thing is your ability to choose different modes which is 4 - Pulse, VW, F(t) and DIY mode. It does feel great in the hand, lightweight (even with two 18650 batteries in), compared to the Voopoo mods I've had in the past 2 years. So all the Voopoo mods have been retired and put away - not sure what I am going to do with them (I got 3). I'm currently using this one and the trustyworthy Pico 21700 mod.

So I got my new concentrates.

My Gods, they smell amazing!!! I love the pineapple and I've missed the one I used to get from The Iron Lung Vapory - it smells very similar. I am definitely going to put this on my next purchase. I threw in some bottles for the new juices as well.

AF06766E-BE1C-4651-8EB5-05CD8829F4BF.jpg

IMG_7518.JPEG

Using my Pirate King RDA to test the new juices and so far the orange is a creamy cool orange. It's lovely and light on the taste, not too heavy or too light, just right. @BumbleBee I'm still using it ;)

94B09758-615F-46C0-8D7E-67BA7D100B09.jpg

Just tested the Cool Mango and it is phenomenal!!! I don't think I'll put in an order for the Mango Freeze from South Africa, that I've found my mango hit here in the UK.

I was skeptical about Freezing Point's range but so far, I am loving the two new ones. I started off with Cool Blackcurrant and now I'm here with 4 different ones. The watermelon was supposed to be paired up with the strawberry so I'll order the strawberry end of the month along with some VG and PG that is needed to be restocked.

And to end it off, testing the Pineapple, my god, just as phenomenal as the Mango. It tastes exactly like the pineapple from The Iron Lung Vapory.

And the Lemon Cream Cronut is sitting there, steeping for a while now.

1DD15FC2-3F2B-4825-8113-11DFAA9E212D.jpg

Last edited:
So my Lost Vape Thelema Quest 200 and Hellvape Dead Rabbit V2 RTA are here

0D6A7417-AE46-455E-8E3F-1034AF1649CD.jpeg

EA716D1B-D446-40AB-AD22-11D9EE716B22.jpeg

I threw the staggered clapton coils out as I was getting different readings from 0.2-0.5 ohms - the plastic tub it came in says 0.3 ohms but this wasn’t the case. I gave up and used my Geekvape fused Clapton coils, same ones I use in the Gear RTA and I am getting fantastic flavour plus clouds on 0.32 ohms. The flavour in the Dead Rabbit V2 is phenomenal. I need to get used to having an airy vape, even with the air flow control reduced, it is not the same as the Gear RTA so I’ll need time to get used to it.

65DDBB79-E000-4FF9-8728-B795284D43EB.jpeg

The mod is a bit on the heavy side with the batteries in but I’m not complaining, it’s doing a fantastic job.

So I bought some new coils to try out, I've given up trying to source 38ga Ni80 wire.

I got the following

Naturevape Three Core Fused Clapton Coil Kanthal A1 3 Core Fused Clapton (28+28+28)/38 Resistance 0.45 Ohm - pack of 8 coils

And this

Naturevape Ni80 Staggered Fused Clapton Coil 0.35 Ohms - pack of 6 coils

I might as well try and find the one to stick with. So lets see how this turns out @Timwis

So I bought some new coils to try out, I've given up trying to source 38ga Ni80 wire.

I got the following

And this

I might as well try and find the one to stick with. So lets see how this turns out @Timwis
Last time I spoke to @charln he was trying to get his awesome coils available in the UK, if that's materialized he might be able to organise some for you to try, best coils I have used!

So my Lost Vape Thelema Quest 200 and Hellvape Dead Rabbit V2 RTA are here

View attachment 259134

View attachment 259133

I threw the staggered clapton coils out as I was getting different readings from 0.2-0.5 ohms - the plastic tub it came in says 0.3 ohms but this wasn’t the case. I gave up and used my Geekvape fused Clapton coils, same ones I use in the Gear RTA and I am getting fantastic flavour plus clouds on 0.32 ohms. The flavour in the Dead Rabbit V2 is phenomenal. I need to get used to having an airy vape, even with the air flow control reduced, it is not the same as the Gear RTA so I’ll need time to get used to it.

View attachment 259132

The mod is a bit on the heavy side with the batteries in but I’m not complaining, it’s doing a fantastic job.

Can't see you getting great flavour with a single coil in the DR V2, that's why I suggested the Ether because you use single coils!

Can't see you getting great flavour with a single coil in the DR V2, that's why I suggested the Ether because you use single coils!
I'm still getting great flavour in the Dead Rabbit V2 - in fact I'm using it as a daily RTA and have put both of the Gear RTAs away. I get way more flavour than the Gear and more air flow as well. It also doesn't burn the coils and cotton as quickly as it does with the Gear. I have used single coils in these types before and have never had a flavour issue.

Once I get the new coils, I will set it up as a dual coil setup and see how it goes.

I did tell you @Timwis I wanted to try something different and I know we spoke about this but then I thought some more about it and decided to try the Dead Rabbit V2 instead. I'm not sorry I went for it as it's given me a better experience, much more than the Zeus and I am not disappointed by its performance. I have always been a full DL vaper, not a restricted DL or MTL vaper.

Last edited:
Last time I spoke to @charln he was trying to get his awesome coils available in the UK, if that's materialized he might be able to organise some for you to try, best coils I have used!

Thanks for the link @Paul33 - just had a look and there's not much with coils. I loved the Skull atty stand - sadly all out of stock, I would love to get one of them.

Yeah a small selection under the Bearded Viking Custom name what I was talking about was more expansive plans!

I have just tested the fused staggered fused clapton coils. They are great with the flavour - crisp and on point but I only have one problem with it - the ramp up time is slower than you would get with 3 core fused claptons.

I switched out with the 3-core parallel fused claptons coil. I rewrapped it to 4 instead of the usual 5 (original comes at 0.45 and I wanted at least 0.3). I got a perfect 0.3 with just 4 wraps which was a good call. My old coils are wrapped at 3.5 with a 2.5mm ID.

So I personally prefer the 3-core parallel fused clapton coils over all of the other coils I've tested in the past - I have had aliens and I just remembered I had the same issue with the ramp-up time to heat the coils.

I am not sure if I ever tried a 2-core parallel fused clapton, I might have made a few years ago but I can't remember.

So I got these concentrates, all made by Freezing Point and yet got to try them out. I quite like the drop taste test - I just am not sure how they will turn out after vaping them.

Now I can mix the strawberry with the watermelon I bought previously…

3CEFB02F-B7C4-455A-ACF9-4E3648CFBD9C.jpeg

Plus I got a free juice with my purchase and I picked Medusa.

26984312-5902-4BDD-80E4-BF0649CE59CB.jpeg

Back