Ratios on existing e-liquids.

most of my juices i steep the old fashioned way (leave them alone for a few weeks)

but when im in a hurry :

coffee frother on the end of a cordless drill. mix that up till its semi froth
then 10min in the ultrasonic

repeat about 3 times and then taste it
Wait...what...ultrasonic?

Hey mate, thanks for your comment. Snap, I bought my stuff at the same place yesterday morning, VapeOwave,
Nice one. I stay in Jhb south but not a bad drive to them.
If you hit any nice recipes give me a shout out.
I made small batches of my own recipes.
Out of the 5 mixes I made 3 look promising but 2 of them I think are gonna be real kak. Hahaha trial and error.

i use an open mason jar. once im done blitzing it then i transfer to bottles.
When I mixed my own juice I mixed them directly into their little bottles. Once all ingredients inside I shook them up like a mad man and now left them on shelf with caps off.

Wait...what...ultrasonic?

an ultrasonic cleaner

its a device with a tub that you fill with water and a cleaning agent and it cleans things with ultrasonic pulses.

so when your tank is dirty you just take it apart and throw it in the tank for a few min and afterwards its squeeky clean !

also can speed up steeping juices added to the fact that they can heat up the water.

http://goptics.co.za/?page_id=2406

When I mixed my own juice I mixed them directly into their little bottles. Once all ingredients inside I shook them up like a mad man and now left them on shelf with caps off.

i always mix in the mason jars and then store them for steeping. when i need a bottle then i decant it

Nice one. I stay in Jhb south but not a bad drive to them.
If you hit any nice recipes give me a shout out.
I made small batches of my own recipes.
Out of the 5 mixes I made 3 look promising but 2 of them I think are gonna be real kak. Hahaha trial and error.
Sjeez mate, that's some distance. Sure thing, I am just getting started, but as soon as I have a winner I will gladly share. I made a Raspberry and Bleuberry batch, those are the ones I am leaving to steep. I'll try them out next week Saturday and will no doubt provide feedback. I met a chap in the shop who by the sounds of it has become a bit of an expert at making his own liquids. Once he hooks up with me on Facebook I will ask him to provide tips and tricks....stay tuned.

an ultrasonic cleaner

its a device with a tub that you fill with water and a cleaning agent and it cleans things with ultrasonic pulses.

so when your tank is dirty you just take it apart and throw it in the tank for a few min and afterwards its squeeky clean !

also can speed up steeping juices added to the fact that they can heat up the water.

http://goptics.co.za/?page_id=2406
Man...the cost of this is starting to escalate at an alarming rate. That device sounds like a bit of a must have...

Caps off? Mine are closed...in a closed closet...in the dark...

Awesome, need to give West pack a visit this week ☺

westpack is diy heaven!!!

stock up on syringes, all sorts of bottles, mason jars, measuring cylinders, measuring containers... walk out with 2 packets and less than R100 lighter

westpack is diy heaven!!!

stock up on syringes, all sorts of bottles, mason jars, measuring cylinders, measuring containers... walk out with 2 packets and less than R100 lighter
Westpack hey...I am catching on. I see that you are in my nick of the woods. I take it that Westpack is out here somewhere then...?

Man...the cost of this is starting to escalate at an alarming rate. That device sounds like a bit of a must have...

i definitely consider this an investment . especially for cleaning up vape gear if your not steeping juices in it.

you can find some cheaper ones online. look for the one that does 50w for 30min. that my portable ultrasonic that i keep.

yes... i have a portable ultrasonic :)

perhaps i could also throw you budget away by suggesting a stirring plate with a magnetic bead

Caps off? Mine are closed...in a closed closet...in the dark.
Ultrasonic is not a must. I read if you also use a hot water bottle it works too, but bottle or jar must be open cause it's got something to do with evaporation aparently. I got a nice thread on this forum I will share with you that's taught me a few things.

People, thanks for all the tips and advise. I am signing off now as I have an early start again tomorrow. Catch up soon again.

Hi @COA Tracks

Welcome to the forum and congrats in your vaping

I am trying to understand your situation better so I can offer you some advice

I have a question, what is the PG/VG ratio of the so called "thinner" juice you talk about?
And have you tried it in your Subox kit?
Are you using a commercial coil or a rebuildable?

I vape 50/50 PG/VG in my Subtank Mini (the atty of the Subox kit) all the time and it works fine.

i definitely consider this an investment . especially for cleaning up vape gear if your not steeping juices in it.

you can find some cheaper ones online. look for the one that does 50w for 30min. that my portable ultrasonic that i keep.

yes... i have a portable ultrasonic :)

perhaps i could also throw you budget away by suggesting a stirring plate with a magnetic bead

Dude...enough now :)

Hi @COA Tracks

Welcome to the forum and congrats in your vaping

I am trying to understand your situation better so I can offer you some advice

I have a question, what is the PG/VG ratio of the so called "thinner" juice you talk about?
And have you tried it in your Subox kit?
Are you using a commercial coil or a rebuildable?

I vape 50/50 PG/VG in my Subtank Mini (the atty of the Subox kit) all the time and it works fine.
Hey @Silver, no idea mate. It is a brand called Liqua (apparently Italian) which I used all the time for my Twisp, and always bought from the Chinese retailers out here in Centurion (R30 for 30ml). They do not give the ratio on the label, only the ingredients. But compared to the liquid I bought with the Subox a week ago, it is significantly thinner, much more flowing than the almost syrup like stuff I have now. I am using the coil that came stock with the kit.

Sjeez...probably going to have to get a white coat and some goggles as well with that...not to mention the CSIR ID card...:)

i used to work for CSIR !!! but never had a labcoat job

its actually used to make bubble-tea

Back