Re-finish Reo Mini

Renesh

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Reoville residents.
I have an aluminium reo mini, that started life as a copper vein.
I'd love to re-finish it in something cool, funky and 'unique'.
Need some advice on the process...
i.e. preparing aluminum, what type of paint or top coat to use, methods of finishing for different looks etc..

Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Hey Bud, I do this process almost daily, just done another one, so you are more than welcome to come through to my place, and I'll happily help you do it. Or drop it off with me, tell me what you want done, and I'll have it back to you in 2 Days!!!
Love doing this kind of thing!!

Hey Bud, I do this process almost daily, just done another one, so you are more than welcome to come through to my place, and I'll happily help you do it. Or drop it off with me, tell me what you want done, and I'll have it back to you in 2 Days!!!

Wow Phil, that would be awesome. I'd like to watch and learn the process.
I'll pm you to setup a date/time.

Great stuff! Can you share your process with us? Maybe even take pics?

Update:
So this weekend, i finally got a bit of free time and decided to try refinishing my Reo Mini.
Following advice from @Philip Dunkley (thank you sir)... here are the before and after... (apologies, not the best pics)..

Before: Unfinished aluminium look.
IMG_2088.jpg

After: Complete sand-down, new base coat, metallic blue body, metallic silver door and clear topcoat.
IMG_2168.JPG IMG_2169.JPG IMG_2170.JPG

Theres a few rough edges that are driving my OCD (CDO) crazy... so i'm already planning the next redo. But, i'm happy with the first attempt and i'm thrilled that i didn't mess everything up.

Thanks for reading...

Update:
So this weekend, i finally got a bit of free time and decided to try refinishing my Reo Mini.
Following advice from @Philip Dunkley (thank you sir)... here are the before and after... (apologies, not the best pics)..

Before: Unfinished aluminium look.
View attachment 28238

After: Complete sand-down, new base coat, metallic blue body, metallic silver door and clear topcoat.
View attachment 28235 View attachment 28236 View attachment 28237

Theres a few rough edges that are driving my OCD (CDO) crazy... so i'm already planning the next redo. But, i'm happy with the first attempt and i'm thrilled that i didn't mess everything up.

Thanks for reading...
Well done:clap:. That is a beautiful vibrant blue. Soos 'n nuwe sikspens. Enjoy.

Nice. It looks great

Sent while vaping on Okkum my Smok M80

Back