Posted on September 22, 2018
HorizonTech’s Falcon Tank Review
Posted By
reaversadmin
Posted in
Vaping
Falcon Tank Review: Yes, It’s Better Than The UWELL Valyrian

Supplied courtesy of VapeBeat and by Reviewer Nick Jennings | September 11 2018

HorizonTech’s Falcon tank has been getting A LOT of praise of late. But is the hype legit? Nick took one for a spin to find out…

Falcon Tank Review
The-Falcon-Tank-stripped-300x204.png

Product Name: Falcon Tank

Product Description: Almost all of us want that perfect flavor tank. We want that perfect cloud bellowing tank as well. With so many options and variations in which to choose from, this task can be a daunting one. Thankfully, HorizonTech has done all of the hard work with the Falcon tank. All you need to do is set the tank up and go.

Overall
92.8%

• Design – 89%

• Coil Head Performance – 97%

• Flavor – 98%

• Ease of Use – 90%

• Value For Money – 90%

VERDICT

With a plethora of options from sub ohm tanks to RDAs, it’s hard to get that “perfect balanced vape”.

With the HorizonTech Falcon, you’ll get just that: the “perfect balanced vape” – and maybe even more.

I used to think the UWELL Valyrian was the best sub ohm tank of 2018, but after using the Falcon tank I am now 100% converted.

PROS

• RDA-Like Flavor & Mega Clouds
  • Coil Heads Are BRILLIANT
  • Solid, Well-Executed Design
  • Excellent Value For Money
CONS

• Mesh Coils Are A Lot Better Than Standard Ones
  • Design Is Definitely Divisive (I Like It, Though………
HorizonTech started a long time ago and their first sub-ohm tank was something to be had, to say the least. I am referring to the Arctic tank by HorizonTech.

The Arctic was one of the very first high wattage tanks of those days and it did a fantastic job, for its time.

Other notable HorizonTech tanks include the Arctic V2 and the Arctic Turbo.

But then HorizonTech seemed to disappear from the limelight for it…

And then, earlier this year… the KING returned!

Falcon Tank Review – Design & Pitch
Screen-Shot-2018-07-27-at-11.21.50-1024x980.png

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have that perfect tank?

That amazing flavor and billowing clouds? More often than not, its hard to find a tank that can give you both.

I mean, sure I enjoy my Prince with mesh coil, my Arc, even my newly acquired Aero by GeekVape.

All these are good tanks, so don’t get me wrong here.

But, I was looking for that one tank, that perfect tank that could give me BOTH amazing flavor and those massive clouds that you get from RDAs.

20180729_150614-768x1024.jpg

So, imagine my surprise when I stumbled into my favorite local vape shop and find the new HorizonTech Falcon!

I have to admit something here, I love eagles and Falcons so with that said, I was already looking at buying the Falcon.

My guy at the shop raved on about the Falcon and from previous experiences, I learned to trust him.

But, one thing was gnawing at me…could this really be true? I bought the Falcon and never looked back.

Below is an overview of my testing of the Falcon by HorizonTech.

I hope you enjoy reading but furthermore, I hope you buy one for yourself.

Falcon Tank Packaging and First Impressions
The package containing the HorizonTech Falcon is similar to the Valyrian by UWELL.

A tall, yet slimmer profile with the Falcon displayed in the top half while the bottom half includes some extras, which include:

1 x Set of O-Rings
1 x M1 Falcon Coil (0.15ohm)
1 x F1 Falcon Coil (0.2ohm)
1 x 11mm Bore 510 Drip Tip
1 x 8mm Bore Resin Drip Tip (Resin Color Random
1 x Spare Glass Tube

A really good haul considering the average price of around $30.

The lower half has the word Falcon printed in stunning chrome while a cool flaming Falcon is right below it.

A simple yet elegant design that’s sure to catch the eye.

Now, let’s get right to the star of the show, the HorizonTech Falcon.

Screen-Shot-2018-07-30-at-10.09.31-1024x398.png

What a glory to behold, simply stunning.

The design is unlike any I have seen before. The quality and detail are absolutely superb!

The top twists off in two short turns for that easy to fill quick access.

The Falcon comes apart very easily and goes together buttery smooth.

No flaws here, or there.

The matching drip tip is a huge plus and accents the color of the tank you choose very nicely.

The coils have a unique look as well, reminds me of polygonal shape.

Falcon Tank Specs
  • E-liquid Capacity: 7ml
  • Glass Tube Diameter: 24mm
  • Excircle Diameter: 25.2mm
  • Tank Length: 55mm
  • Liquid guiding element: 70% cotton + 30% wood pulp
  • Natural flax fiber
  • Flax fiber & flax paper 30% wood pulp + 70% cotton
  • Both standard coil and mesh coil
Falcon Tank Performance: It’s OTHER-WORLDLY!
While both included coils performed flawlessly I must emphasize the superior mesh coil.

The mesh coil lasted me almost 3 weeks of solid vaping at 75W.

I ran three different eLiquids through the mesh coil and the flavor came through without any issues.

Screen-Shot-2018-07-30-at-10.09.15-1024x563.png

The clouds were thick and in great abundance. If you chain vape, the Falcon will get a bit warm to the touch.

Thankfully the drip tip saves you from the extra warm metal. I did chain vape the mesh coil to try to get a dry hit and I failed to do so.

The Falcons mesh coil soaks fast so you can rest assured that each hit will be as savory as the last.

The standard coil is no slouch but I would only use one eLiquid and not do a heavy chain vape session.

You will get good flavor and good clouds from the standard coil but the mesh coil is the clear winner here.

Falcon Tank Review – Verdict?
With a plethora of options from sub ohm tanks to RDAs, it’s hard to get that “perfect balanced vape”.

With the HorizonTech Falcon, you’ll get just that: the “perfect balanced vape” – and maybe even more.

I used to think the UWELL Valyrian was the best sub ohm tank of 2018, but after using the Falcon tank I am now 100% converted.

This sub-ohm vape tank is going to take some beating!

Falcon Tank Rating
Cloud Production – 10/10
Flavor – 10/10
Build Quality – 10/10
Coils – 9.5/10
Overall – 9.8/10

FALCON TANK REVIEW: YES, IT’S BETTER THAN THE UWELL VALYRIAN
PROS
  • RDA-Like Flavor & Mega Clouds
  • Coil Heads Are BRILLIANT
  • Solid, Well-Executed Design
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
  • The Mesh Coils Are A LOT Better Than Standard Ones
YES, IT’S BETTER THAN THE UWELL VALYRIAN
QUICK VERDICT
With a plethora of options from sub ohm tanks to RDAs, it’s hard to get that “perfect balanced vape”. With the HorizonTech Falcon, you’ll get just that: the “perfect balanced vape” – and maybe even more. I used to think the UWELL Valyrian was the best sub ohm tank of 2018, but after using the Falcon tank I am now 100% converted.
PICTURES

BEST PLACE TO BUY ONLINE?

Summary
Supplied Courtesy of VapeBeat and Original Reviewer
Nick Jennings
Review Date
2018-09-11
Reviewed Item
HorizonTech Falcon Tank
Author Rating
1star.png
1star.png