Rebuilding the iJust2 with a Notch Coil

Quick question on the cotton - what brand did you use?

I found that the UD brand left a funny taste and I read somewhere that after a few vapes, it will go away... Will it truly go away? As I am finding that there are still trace elements of the "funny" taste, despite vaping a few more to get rid of it.

Quick question on the cotton - what brand did you use?

I found that the UD brand left a funny taste and I read somewhere that after a few vapes, it will go away... Will it truly go away? As I am finding that there are still trace elements of the "funny" taste, despite vaping a few more to get rid of it.

I have used UD in the past and cannot say that I tasted anything. Maybe if I tested it side-by-side with something else...
Waiting to see what others experienced.

I have used UD in the past and cannot say that I tasted anything. Maybe if I tested it side-by-side with something else...
Waiting to see what others experienced.

Ok, thanks. I'm using the original Twisp Clearo model and rebuild 3 coils today. I think after using it like 3 or 4 times, you eventually don't taste it anymore.

I'll post my experiences when I get the iJust S upgrade and do a coil build/rebuild... It won't be too long before I get my hands on the iJust S.

If this type of coil is your thing then definitely look out for ELeaf's new EC2 coils, absolutely amazing!

I had a look at the Eleaf iJust S - apparently now they come with two different coil builds, one is vertical and the other is horizontal. Is the vertical one the EC2 coils you are referring to or is it a different build?

I can't find much information on the EC2 coils so not sure what the difference is. Please can you tell me more about it?

I had a look at the Eleaf iJust S - apparently now they come with two different coil builds, one is vertical and the other is horizontal. Is the vertical one the EC2 coils you are referring to or is it a different build?

I can't find much information on the EC2 coils so not sure what the difference is. Please can you tell me more about it?
As far as I know all ELeaf coils are vertical. The iJust S comes with 3 coils; EC 0.5 and EC 0.3 both of which are Kanthal and the ECL 0.18 which is Stainless Steel.

The new EC2 are being released along with the new Melo 4 tanks, so far they're coming out in 0.3 and 0.5. Not sure what they've changed in the new EC2 coils but they are a million times better than the old EC coils.

http://www.eleafworld.com/ec2-0-3ohm-head/

wow so glad i found this post. was stressing to pay r40 a week on a coil. and i love diy so going to do this today when i wake up. working night shift. thans man wow

Last edited:
just a side note
do not rebuild the .5 coils. it has a extras wall/lining in it. cant be removed .

just a side note
do not rebuild the .5 coils. it has a extras wall/lining in it. cant be removed .
Exactly... I learnt it the hard way. I need to buy extra EC2 coils as spares so that i dont keep having to build one every time it burns out.

I find i only need to replace mine once a month so I'm lucky there - specially vaping sweet juices, i think its bec i diy my own juices - sweet mango, sweet cream, cappucino and strawberry flavours.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

bumblebee if you boil the cotton it should work better with no burnt taste.what I do is boil it in a mic.safe glass and fit it when wet.that way the cotton soak up the juice much faster.it will take a few puffs to get the water to evaporate from the cotton but should work fine in under 10 puffs.or blow back into the driptip a few times till you feel it heating the base.

Back