Recoil RDA mini review

Lord Vetinari

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
This is probably going to be horribly un informative. I am not a great reviewer.

The gist of it is: 24mm atty, 22mm build deck, slanted side air flow.

1476791309009-1117073446.jpg

The build deck is that much smaller because it is a THICK steel ring. Incredibly thick. It just does not get hot even with this weaver wire. Have a look next to an authentic Goon. 1476791510052104463699.jpg 1476791547514-856865288.jpg
Air flow is the most unique bit, side flow but slanting down to point BELOW the coils. 1476791730237-880641843.jpgYou will have to wait to see the build deck. I am vaping some Torus in there right now so it looks disgusting.

All you need to know is this is a flavor atty of note. Really blowing my mind. Slightly rrestrictive on the air flow not a cloud chaser IMO. Clouds enough certainly. But that flavor is just next level. Does not get hot. Oh and over dripping is a non issue. I tried to flood it and you have to tilt it for juice to leak. It is because the air flow is relatively high and slanted.

Price is R950 but you know you wasted nothing the second you hold it. Not ever hitting the resell list no way. One of those that makes me consider a new mod to marry it to. Daily rotation? You bet.

I want to sell my Goon and a few tanks and get a second one. Seriously.

Thanks for this!

I've been sitting on the fence with this for the past week but think im going to get myself one!

This is probably going to be horribly un informative. I am not a great reviewer.
You will have to wait to see the build deck. I am vaping some Torus in there right now so it looks disgusting.
You could have posted a pic of the build deck, we're adults here and have seen gross stuff. :D

Thanks for the review and comparisons!

Have you been able to try the Pharaoh tank? Tossing up between this and that one. Do you think this tank is really worth spending the extra few hundred on? Tempted by this but trying to exercise some self control for my wallets best interest. And hate spending money on average stuff!

Have you been able to try the Pharaoh tank? Tossing up between this and that one. Do you think this tank is really worth spending the extra few hundred on? Tempted by this but trying to exercise some self control for my wallets best interest. And hate spending money on average stuff!
I am reluctant to make comparisons FOR you it is not my money. All I can do is vouch 100 percent not a cent was wasted on the Recoil.

Thats the most important part we vapers like to see, its got sturdy posts , slotted grubs, deep wells, a great build deck.
Cool thanks man.:)
I went at it muscling some weaver wire into shape and it she feels so very good. Grub screws are a true highlight if small details are important to you. Flat and tight no cut wires here.

Super review @Mustrum Ridcully

Thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts down.

I don't own a Recoil but have used one extensively and have rebuilt it several times for a buddy.
I agree that it is a flavour machine.

My only gripe is that i find the build deck to be very small for a 24MM. There isn't much room for some big builds.

Super review @Mustrum Ridcully

Thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts down.

I don't own a Recoil but have used one extensively and have rebuilt it several times for a buddy.
I agree that it is a flavour machine.

My only gripe is that i find the build deck to be very small for a 24MM. There isn't much room for some big builds.
I agree I had bit of a time getting the weaver build nice and neat. I am very used to TM2. Nothing as comfy as that.

Ordered mine form the Sirs yesterday - cant wait to get this baby... I know there are many "Best of" lists on Google but the one reference site which I have used for a while (non-biased) has rated this as the best RDA for 2016, ahead of the Goon.

I currently use the Troll V2 (ranked 3rd) and loving it. This baby can only make me happier!!!

I love my recoil, the Pharaoh is great and have its advantages, but I have not touched it since I got my Recoil. (Actually just ordered another Recoil, scared of missing out on the good deal at Sir Vape)

You will have to re-drip your Recoil more often than the Pharaoh, but it is easy as pie. Have a Goon on the way, so can't comment on that, but for between the Pharaoh and the Recoil, the Recoil takes it by a mile!

This RDA is also on my Christmas list but I won't go as far as say I will sell my goons. :)
I flogged one and got a wide chuff for the other. With the big chuff it is putting my Phenotype L to absolute shame. Thing CHUCKS bro. Did not like the girly chuff atty was waaaay too hot with a fat build but now it can take it. 11 wraps 20g Nichrome 3.5 mm 135w and it is heavenly. Never went for another Recoil figured I need a nice SMALL tank so treated myself to a Petri RTA.

I love my recoil, the Pharaoh is great and have its advantages, but I have not touched it since I got my Recoil. (Actually just ordered another Recoil, scared of missing out on the good deal at Sir Vape)

You will have to re-drip your Recoil more often than the Pharaoh, but it is easy as pie. Have a Goon on the way, so can't comment on that, but for between the Pharaoh and the Recoil, the Recoil takes it by a mile!

Ya won't lie got a Pharaoh and have been quite underwhelmed with it! Not the best thing in the world. But decided to get a Petri in the end and that lives up to expectations. Hard pressed to get another dripper at the moment but the special at sir vape is mighty tempting!!

Ordered mine form the Sirs yesterday - cant wait to get this baby... I know there are many "Best of" lists on Google but the one reference site which I have used for a while (non-biased) has rated this as the best RDA for 2016, ahead of the Goon.

I currently use the Troll V2 (ranked 3rd) and loving it. This baby can only make me happier!!!
I still cant get over the flavor. Warning: strong menthol in the Recoil makes grown men weep. It was so intense hey, Menthol Ice causing frozen tears to come out my EARS.

Ya won't lie got a Pharaoh and have been quite underwhelmed with it! Not the best thing in the world. But decided to get a Petri in the end and that lives up to expectations. Hard pressed to get another dripper at the moment but the special at sir vape is mighty tempting!!

Been waiting for the Sirs to get some more Black Goons, which was loaded onto their site about 10min after I placed my order for another Recoil, needless to say I now have Goon and a Recoil on its way. This forum needs a retail therapy section.

Is the Recoil really that good? (Agreed on the therapy section!) @Mustrum Ridcully @dastrix550
If you do not care about huge clouds and want to get the best out if incredibly normal builds, then I can not put into words how good it is. Cant take anything too fancy but if you are used to normal builds then flavor cant be beat. Just forget about huge clouds.

If you do not care about huge clouds and want to get the best out if incredibly normal builds, then I can not put into words how good it is. Cant take anything too fancy but if you are used to normal builds then flavor cant be beat. Just forget about huge clouds.

Not stressed about clouds hey, just here for the tasty vapour. And tbh half the fancy builds i've tried have just been a mess. A nice simple build has a lot to be said for it.

Been wanting one of these for a while now.. You sir may have just made Sir Vape some money!

Have to add my two cents here, since I got this thing, it has been my #1 rda bar none.....I use the flavor bro cap and the flavors just pop....honestly I taste notes of juices I had never tasted before....and I am only using simple clapton coils, nothing fancy. Must have something to do with the angle of the airflow. The build deck is solid, nicely built. Don't even have to remove the cap, you can just drip down the top....plus the simplicity of no adjustable airflow is appreciated. Can't recommend this one enough.

Last edited:
How is the lemaga recoil clone for those that can't afford the original?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back