Recommendations for scissors

A great trick for sharpening scissors.

1. Buy or borrow some heavy duty tin foil
2. Fold tin foil into a strip of 4 layers
3. Cut strip with scissors.
The more you cut the sharper the scissors will get.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Never knew that - thanks @Blends Of Distinction !

Being an avid fisherman I can highly recommend getting a pair of braid scissors, seems like the sharpness lasts forever when only used for cotton.
Screenshot_20190312-053555.jpg

I have quite a few pairs of scissors ranging from shears to fisherman scissors etc and the ones I use exclusively and have a second pair of are the vape shears.

They are sharp and precise and have a long cutting surface and work exceptionally well.
Scissors are a subjective thing IMHO so at the end of the day I think the most important thing is sharpness and "accuracy".

@Christos - you guys with these Vape Shears are getting to me.

Maybe I need to also get Vape Shears and have a showdown against my trusty Dischem el cheapo scissors ;-)

Bought mine from dischem for around R100. Been using it for about a year and still going strong

@Christos - you guys with these Vape Shears are getting to me.

Maybe I need to also get Vape Shears and have a showdown against my trusty Dischem el cheapo scissors ;-)
If it works then why change it :D
The vape shears are the best I have come across but in all honesty my previous ones were not the greatest quality either.

20190313_151728.jpg 20190313_155402.jpg 20190313_154123-1.jpg
I was in Dis -Chem today and what did I spot the :wasntme:"Yellow scissors " :wasntme:for only R19.95 .

I just had to get a pair to see if they are any good.

And I can confirm they are awesome and they work like a dream. Thank you for posting about it @Silver .

20190313_002115.jpg
Just for info as well, note the sharpness of the tip and the length of the cutting surface.

Interesting @X-Calibre786
My only question is how does one hold it?
The one space for the finger seems quite small?
Or am i missing something?
Thumb in hole, fingers under the bottom.

I have small sewing shears, no finger or thumb handles. Very sharp but the design of them isn't so great. But it works fine for my crocheting wool.

Thanks @RainstormZA

I would probably cut my fingers off if I used those!

Those like in @RainstormZA picture are very sharp. Unfortunately the blades tend to move away from eash other when cutting. Tried it for fishing. Cutting normal fishing line no problem, but braid it struggles.

Back