Renovo Zero pods burnt

Fresh

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Vapors

I need advice please. I bought a renovo zero with extra two pods. The pod that came with the device worked very well. The two additional pods just have an unbearable burnt taste, i allowed the nic salt juice to settle for about 20min before vaping but they where burnt on the first pull, does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks for any help.

It's kaput bro. If you don't have other pods then try using the original pod again.if that's also done with then try another juice in the 2nd and third pod.dont fill it completely just enough to see what happens

Hi Vapors

I need advice please. I bought a renovo zero with extra two pods. The pod that came with the device worked very well. The two additional pods just have an unbearable burnt taste, i allowed the nic salt juice to settle for about 20min before vaping but they where burnt on the first pull, does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks for any help.
That sounds like you were unlucky and got two of a bad bunch of coils or in this case pods else no reason why they shouldn't of performed exactly like the original pod, i take it you did get the pods from a reliable sauce as there is quite a trade in fake coils and pods!

Thanks Resistance, I am vaping the life out of the original pod, when it's done I'm back to vaping air until the shutdown is complete.
Timwis I bought them from Vaperite Edenvale.

Thanks Resistance, I am vaping the life out of the original pod, when it's done I'm back to vaping air until the shutdown is complete.
I have tired rewicking the pods. It worked but not so well.
Might be the cotton I used because it flooded. I don't suggest you try that, rather keep it and take it back when lockdown ends. If they replace it then your good to go. Of they don't then at least they know.
What worked rather well for me is replacing the coil and using the pod as a dripper. I will look for the pod and upload pics for you later today.

I have tired rewicking the pods. It worked but not so well.
Might be the cotton I used because it flooded. I don't suggest you try that, rather keep it and take it back when lockdown ends. If they replace it then your good to go. Of they don't then at least they know.
What worked rather well for me is replacing the coil and using the pod as a dripper. I will look for the pod and upload pics for you later today.
Thanks Resistance will check them out.

IMG_20200413_221914.jpg remove the silver retainer. Remove complete coil.
Make a new high ohm coil
IMG_20200413_222017.jpg
Pull out the round press tabs and insert coil legs through holes.replace them.
IMG_20200413_221957.jpg
Wick it!IMG_20200413_222147.jpg
Replace the rubber seal.
Wet the cotton with ejuice and put it all back together.
You can drop through the hole in the mouthpiece or use the bottom fill hole.
Remember that this pod is now a dripping pod 2-4drops will be adequate at a time.
Hope it helps you. Let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_20200413_222032.jpg
    IMG_20200413_222032.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 9
I just want to add something here. Take it or leave it.

I've had a very long chat with a very big player in the industry. He said that dud coils are definitely possible, but he was dead set on ensuring me that the chances of dud coils are ridiculously low. He had meetings with suppliers on the issue and the quality control for authentic coils is exceptional. He said that almost 99% of the time a customer said the coils were dud, he was able to prove otherwise. Who knows how he came up with the 99% figure...

I have no idea if its true or if he was covering his ass. But that's what he told me. For what it's worth I was not a customer. It was a topic that happened to come up. I've never had a dud coil, but I don't often use factory made coils and can't speak from much experience.

But first step, change your juice. What juice are you vaping?

I just want to add something here. Take it or leave it.

I've had a very long chat with a very big player in the industry. He said that dud coils are definitely possible, but he was dead set on ensuring me that the chances of dud coils are ridiculously low. He had meetings with suppliers on the issue and the quality control for authentic coils is exceptional. He said that almost 99% of the time a customer said the coils were dud, he was able to prove otherwise. Who knows how he came up with the 99% figure...

I have no idea if its true or if he was covering his ass. But that's what he told me. For what it's worth I was not a customer. It was a topic that happened to come up. I've never had a dud coil, but I don't often use factory made coils and can't speak from much experience.

But first step, change your juice. What juice are you vaping?
Indeed there are did coils.
They can test a coil all they claim to but in production at least 5% rejects will pass quality controll. Unless it's Volkswagen (1st hand experience) these guys don't take casualties. It's either right or wrong and they want 0.1% to fail.
Back to point. In mass production not all the coils will be tested they'll take random samples if they're testing it and if they are taking samples the ones that reach us consumers will never be a tested product or it will be used.
So there are things that can go wrong and in a new coil there are as well. Cotton not making proper contact. Wire not making proper contact. Etc.
So a faulty coil can pass quality controll.
Two faulty coils in one batch going to the same user is an issue worth visiting though.

Indeed there are did coils.
They can test a coil all they claim to but in production at least 5% rejects will pass quality controll. Unless it's Volkswagen (1st hand experience) these guys don't take casualties. It's either right or wrong and they want 0.1% to fail.
Back to point. In mass production not all the coils will be tested they'll take random samples if they're testing it and if they are taking samples the ones that reach us consumers will never be a tested product or it will be used.
So there are things that can go wrong and in a new coil there are as well. Cotton not making proper contact. Wire not making proper contact. Etc.
So a faulty coil can pass quality controll.
Two faulty coils in one batch going to the same user is an issue worth visiting though.

100%, a double fail warrants investigation. But I'm pretty sure VW let's 100% fail rate go through QC. That's why they made the emission test con module 3000

100%, a double fail warrants investigation. But I'm pretty sure VW let's 100% fail rate go through QC. That's why they made the emission test con module 3000
That is open for discussion. The guys I met with was hard as nails. I'm sure what you're referring to was an executive decision and they're paying the price for it.
They had to apply for exemption:facepalm:
Anyone who actually believe that diesel emissions are safe ,in my opinion isn't very true to himself

Last edited:
That is open for discussion. The guys I met with was hard as nails. I'm sure what you're referring to was an executive decision and they're paying the price for it.
They had to apply for exemption:facepalm:
Anyone who actually believe that diesel emissions are safe ,in my opinion isn't very true to himself

Safe for not... Diesel FTFW! we've had an A3 2.0 TD and a 2.0T Petrol and the Diesel ran circles around the petrol and gave almost double the mileage per tank. Granted the diesel kicked the bucket a full 100k km sooner even though it was babied while the petrol was hammered. But realistically not many keep a car that long in anycase.

Hi Resistance, thanks for the illustration. I'm still vaping on the original, I'll bug some time with it, if it dies before end of lockdown I will follow your method, thanks.
Chickenjuice I used nic salt juice which is 50vg 50pg 25mg nic.
Before I bought the renovo zero I did some research online and there where some people complaining about burnt coils and some having had good experiences, so I decided to take a leap of faith hoping to be an exception and wasn't lucky. If only the pods are consistently good it's a great device.

Safe for not... Diesel FTFW! we've had an A3 2.0 TD and a 2.0T Petrol and the Diesel ran circles around the petrol and gave almost double the mileage per tank. Granted the diesel kicked the bucket a full 100k km sooner even though it was babied while the petrol was hammered. But realistically not many keep a car that long in anycase.
VW for the win!
There new cars haven't set alight yet:couch:

Hi Resistance, thanks for the illustration. I'm still vaping on the original, I'll bug some time with it, if it dies before end of lockdown I will follow your method, thanks.
Chickenjuice I used nic salt juice which is 50vg 50pg 25mg nic.
Before I bought the renovo zero I did some research online and there where some people complaining about burnt coils and some having had good experiences, so I decided to take a leap of faith hoping to be an exception and wasn't lucky. If only the pods are consistently good it's a great device.
Yes wait for the pod to die.
I'll show you another trick I'm using on the zero later.

Hi Vapors

Same problem i had early last year. too many dud pods even though it was a shweet little device. try changing your supplier, might be lucky that they stocking a different shipment,

Same problem i had early last year. too many dud pods even though it was a shweet little device. try changing your supplier, might be lucky that they stocking a different shipment,
My issue was finding pods.
Yet this was the best flavour device I have ever gotten the chance to vape on. I got better flavour from this thing than all the Atties I had. And I'm not over selling it.

Back