Reo clone and comparison

kimbo

Flavor Junky
VIP
LV

Awards
I bought the Reo clone from 3Fvape to see if they can stand up to the legent, and quite frankly I was amazed.

It came in a neat little box.
IMG_0399.jpg
Inside the box you will get your reo clone, a spare bottle and an Allan key to adjust your 510
IMG_0400.jpg
Looking at the mod itself
IMG_0401.jpg IMG_0411.jpg IMG_0413.jpg
There are just two things I which they did better
IMG_0414.jpg
The magnets on the door protrude just a fraction of a millimetre and this make for the door to slide nice until you get to the magnets on the mod and it is very sticky there. Using the authentic door (yes it fits) there is no problem with that and the door close nice and snug

I don’t understand why they did not make the clone low profile, yes you if you have the equipment you can just shave 3mm from the catch cup and it will open a world of bottom feeds RDA’s for you but you are stuck with small RDA’s until you do.
IMG_0403.jpg
On top you get a SS adjustable 510. It is not reverse threaded and might cause some problems. But using this mod I did not experience any problems with it.

Removing the delrin cover we see that the leaf spring is made from copper and is just a bit thinner, I read somewhere that if you build below 0.6ohm on this mod you will fry the internals
IMG_0406.jpg

Moving to the bottom

We get a nice what looks like a brass spring
IMG_0407.jpg
Comparing the clone spring with the authentic we see that the authentic is more of a copper color and the clone spring is more of a brass color (Left clone right authentic)
IMG_0410.jpg
The screw holding the spring is exactly the same size but it seems the threading is a bit different and I presume with some motivation you will get the original to fit in the clone
IMG_0409.jpg
What amazed me is that there is no paint in the screw hole for the spring, with no paint there you will get a better conductivity resulting in a better vape

For weighing the clone and the authentic I opted to just weigh the mod without the door, battery or bottle. Left authentic, right clone
IMG_0415.jpg IMG_0416.jpg
The small difference I presume is just the low profile vs the standard size
IMG_0417.jpg
Using this mod with my Chalice clone coiled to a modest 0.8ohm I could not distinguish any difference. As I said before from what I read and seeing the internals I would not go below 0.6ohm on this mod

Conclusion

I really was amazed at this clone. Yes there is some QC problems with the door magnets. If you never held an authentic Reo before I am pretty sure you will not know the difference.

Saying that when you hold the authentic it just screams quality, but with the clone coming to you at a fraction of the price it is a no brainier

Attachments

• IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 32
Nice comparison between the two with clear pics. one can always get a REO repair kit and replace the contact and spring, looks like they should fit.

If I remember correctly the spring on the clone is not a hot spring as the one on the authentic?
The first few of the real thing with the new adjustable 510 connection was also not reverse threaded, which caused a lot of problems. So much so that the modmaster recalled them and replaced with reverse threaded.

If I remember correctly the spring on the clone is not a hot spring as the one on the authentic?
Yes it is, the brass will not be able to handle such low ohms. I other words it will heat up and colapse a bit faster than the authentic

Yes it is, the brass will not be able to handle such low ohms. I other words it will heat up and colapse a bit faster than the authentic
Ok, thanks. Presume the same will happen in the case of a short?

theyre down to $19 at focalecig now btw.
Thanks for the side by side photos @kimbo theres not much difference that I could see.

Excellent writeup @kimbo !

I may not be happy with the outcome and conclusion :eek:

But your writeup was easy to read and the photos were great. Thanks for putting in the effort. Very interesting.

Let us know how it goes after you have used it for a while

Excellent writeup @kimbo !

I may not be happy with the outcome and conclusion :eek:

But your writeup was easy to read and the photos were great. Thanks for putting in the effort. Very interesting.

Let us know how it goes after you have used it for a while
Thank you @Silver
Yea myself but in doing this review i must be honist in my findings and if anything kreeps in i will post here.

I bought the Reo clone from 3Fvape to see if they can stand up to the legent, and quite frankly I was amazed.

It came in a neat little box.
View attachment 35335
Inside the box you will get your reo clone, a spare bottle and an Allan key to adjust your 510
View attachment 35336
Looking at the mod itself
View attachment 35337 View attachment 35339 View attachment 35341
There are just two things I which they did better
View attachment 35342
The magnets on the door protrude just a fraction of a millimetre and this make for the door to slide nice until you get to the magnets on the mod and it is very sticky there. Using the authentic door (yes it fits) there is no problem with that and the door close nice and snug

I don’t understand why they did not make the clone low profile, yes you if you have the equipment you can just shave 3mm from the catch cup and it will open a world of bottom feeds RDA’s for you but you are stuck with small RDA’s until you do.
View attachment 35348
On top you get a SS adjustable 510. It is not reverse threaded and might cause some problems. But using this mod I did not experience any problems with it.

Removing the delrin cover we see that the leaf spring is made from copper and is just a bit thinner, I read somewhere that if you build below 0.6ohm on this mod you will fry the internals
View attachment 35347

Moving to the bottom

We get a nice what looks like a brass spring
View attachment 35349
Comparing the clone spring with the authentic we see that the authentic is more of a copper color and the clone spring is more of a brass color (Left clone right authentic)
View attachment 35350
The screw holding the spring is exactly the same size but it seems the threading is a bit different and I presume with some motivation you will get the original to fit in the clone
View attachment 35351
What amazed me is that there is no paint in the screw hole for the spring, with no paint there you will get a better conductivity resulting in a better vape

For weighing the clone and the authentic I opted to just weigh the mod without the door, battery or bottle. Left authentic, right clone
View attachment 35352 View attachment 35353
The small difference I presume is just the low profile vs the standard size
View attachment 35354
Using this mod with my Chalice clone coiled to a modest 0.8ohm I could not distinguish any difference. As I said before from what I read and seeing the internals I would not go below 0.6ohm on this mod

Conclusion

I really was amazed at this clone. Yes there is some QC problems with the door magnets. If you never held an authentic Reo before I am pretty sure you will not know the difference.

Saying that when you hold the authentic it just screams quality, but with the clone coming to you at a fraction of the price it is a no brainier
Very nice job @kimbo I have been wondering about this comparison since I got my clone about 5 wks.ago.

Back