Reo Dreams Travelogue

my fav vanilla Cigarillos. I gave up cigarettes and only smoked these. At 10x the cost of a box of cigarettes I thought I could give up easy. Forward 10 years later spending around R7000 a month or +- 500 USD a month on smoking.
PA130356.JPG
Cape Town - cape point, most southern part of the African continent. Actually the most sothern part of the southern hemisphere take away the south Pole. Avoid if you hate multitudes of tourists (mostly the chinese/Japanese kind and the odd Germans)
P9150122.JPG

Last edited:
Some photos all pre vapeing.
@Spydro , You made me whip out my fancy camera and blow out some dust :D
Waterberg.
PA270002.JPG PA270004.JPG
Johannesburg CBD.
PB020092.JPG
Hiking in my back yard.
PB030404.JPG PB030419.JPG
Hartebeespoort Dam.
PC080105.JPG

Thanks for the interest so far.

I guess I wasn't clear enough that my intent was for this to be more a travelogue than just another photo album thread. IOW, pictures of places with at least a short short story about the pictures to add interest to them and maybe the spark to want to find out more about those places.

Photo album definition: a book that contains a collection of photographs.
Definition of travelogue. 1 : a talk or lecture on travel usually accompanied by a film or slides.

:)

I guess I wasn't clear enough that my intent was for this to be more a travelogue than just another photo album thread. IOW, pictures of places with at least a short short story about the pictures to add interest to them and maybe the spark to want to find out more about those places.

Definition of travelogue. 1 : a talk or lecture on travel usually accompanied by a film or slides.

Ahh I learn something new every day. I'll give each place a write up a bit later - some interesting facts I have about the places in the photos.

Ahh I learn something new every day. I'll give each place a write up a bit later - some interesting facts I have about the places in the photos.

I just assumed everyone knew what a travelogue normally includes. I should have spelled it out, so it's my error. :blush:

Thanks for explaining @Spydro

In that case Mr Fisher has several essays to write :rofl:

Some photos all pre vapeing.
@Spydro , You made me whip out my fancy camera and blow out some dust :D
Waterberg. This place was given to people as payment after the Anglo boor war. Infested with malaria and tsitsi flies this was regarded as the S.A wastelands. The them S.A government couldn't pay the said parties what was owed to them after the war and have them this infested land as a cheap way of getting out of debt. Turns out , the waterberg today has the highest value per km today than any other place in S.A.
View attachment 91709 View attachment 91710
Johannesburg CBD.
This is a club on jorisson street. A sky skraper surrounded by filth all around. Even the basement is semi flooded and full of beggars and homeless people. The elevator up is lined with marble and expensive finishes hilighting the wealth st the top and the squalor at the bottom. Some beautiful views of the once glorious CBD that is now overrun by poverty.
View attachment 91711
Hiking in my back yard.
This also has roots in thE Anglo -boer war. Designed to be a dam for the greater johannesburg region. Costs overran as the engineers couldn't find the bed rock for the dam wall and there are urban legends surrounding the place about it. Interestingly the water level never drops even it times of drought leading many to believe in the black hole water theory. Basically a mystical area where scientists cannot confirm the Base level of the water table. I.e. My back yard.
View attachment 91712 View attachment 91713
Hartebeespoort Dam. My wife was pregnant here and going up the cable cars to the tip of the peak made her very nervous. Only thing I remember was the beautiful views and her constant moaning about her mortality and that of our unborn child.
View attachment 91714

This is it. Edited but now I see the original wasn't esited and I'm too lazy to go fix.

Thanks for explaining @Spydro

In that case Mr Fisher has several essays to write :rofl:

No need for that. The thread was a bust from the start, so to me it's better to just leave it that way.

While I had a long list of shorts to write up with pictures for this idea, I'm not going to bother with anymore of them. Gives me way more time to do nothing, my favorite pastime now days. :)

I have somewhat fixed mine. Just need to copy paste into the original post as opposed to the reply.
I'll get it done when I'm behind a pc again which will probably only happen tomorrow.

Those photos are amazing Rob.. Really gives us a glimpse in your life.. Awesome.

Back