REO Experience to date..

Dammit guys! :-@

Now I want a bladdy RM2 for my Reo as well!! "Start vaping they said. It'll be cheaper they said" :-D

Mine might be up for sale real soon...

@Renesh we got ours on same day and I cannot say the same as you unfortunately.

I borderline hate my REO.

After watching countless vids, reading this forum to death, trying different coils, Atty's etc... I cannot get a liking to it...Dry Hits, No Throat hit, No Satisfaction... and I guess thats ok... Each to their own... I have basically decided that I am a Sub Tank sort of guy... :)

I dont get what all the hoo haa is about REOs ...

Glad yours has worked out though !

Sounds like its a setup issue. Get to another Reonaut to help set up the Reo and I promise you, once that perfect coil is found and 'the art of sqounk' is achieved you'll be happier than a pig in shit ;-)

The ease of use and reliability that a Reo brings is second to none and well worth the initial (if any) effort. trust me on this, its worth the shot :nod:

Last edited:
Now I want a bladdy RM2 for my Reo as well!! "Start vaping they said. It'll be cheaper they said" :-D

Whomever said that to you lied! Or what they meant was if you stay on a Spinner and mPT3 with local juice it will be cheaper than stinkies! ;-)

Dammit guys! :-@

Just do it............you know you want to.........:devil::devil::devil:

Seriously if like mouth to lung with big flavour........you have to give a shot.....or are you CHICKEN???:p

Last edited:
Whomever said that to you lied! Or what they meant was if you stay on a Spinner and mPT3 with local juice it will be cheaper than stinkies! ;-)

To be 'real', I didnt even pay for my Reo, Phillip Morris did (true story :rofl:) http://www.ecigssa.co.za/that-time-phillip-morris-did-something-for-me-lol.t9949/
Which reminds me, I need to update that thread with a picture of Alley :inlove: :nod:

Just do it............you know you want to.........:devil::devil::devil:

Seriously if like mouth to lung with big flavour........you have to give a shot.....

Its on the list :oops: :giggle:

Glad you are enjoying the Reo, @Renesh. Just watch the leaking. If it persists it could be that the silicone gasket around the center pin has broken. VM has repair kits. Putting a new one in has a trick to it, but we shall assist if required.
Day 6....
Return of the Leak...

Checked the Reo's insides this morning... and its leaking... Thankfully i ordered a repair kit from @Oupa. So weekend is likely repair time... @Andre please point me in the direction of those tips and tricks to replacing the gasket etc....

Even with a leaking gasket.. She is still 'putting out'...so even a leak doesn't stop a Reo...

Yup the RM2 is still my flavor chaser as well , and with the mini the single coil is very forgiving on battery life nothing like getting home from a long day , giving Lagertha a pat on the bum and grabbing Cate for a nice smooth vape while sipping on some wine .... luckily the ladies are not the jealous type :)

Recoiled the Cyclone tonight , 26g 9 wrap .9ohm what a difference , found my sweet spot .... Thx @Yiannaki will throw up a pic shortly of my build hopefully I can make the coil master proud :)

To all the Reonauts , guys and girls , this has truly been a journey to vape nirvana thank you to all who share in this with special thanks to @Andre who is such a great ambassador ....

There's nothing better than finding that sweet spot :D

Looking forward to seeing your build bud :rock:

There's nothing better than finding that sweet spot :D

Looking forward to seeing your build bud :rock:

Here it is .... (correction 10 wraps :p) I do find the flavor a bit muted on the Cyclops , raised the coil a bit also. First two hits are lekker then after that it tapers off , is that normal ?

Day 6....
Return of the Leak...

Checked the Reo's insides this morning... and its leaking... Thankfully i ordered a repair kit from @Oupa. So weekend is likely repair time... @Andre please point me in the direction of those tips and tricks to replacing the gasket etc....

Even with a leaking gasket.. She is still 'putting out'...so even a leak doesn't stop a Reo...
Here is the correct video to watch. Most important thing is to put the silicone gasket in on its own, not attached to the center pin. If you insert it attached to the center pin, you will damage it - ask me.

Here is the correct video to watch. Most important thing is to put the silicone gasket in on its own, not attached to the center pin. If you insert it attached to the center pin, you will damage it - ask me.

@Andre thank you.. will make 110% sure not to insert gasket with the pin.. lol...

Here it is .... (correction 10 wraps :p) I do find the flavor a bit muted on the Cyclops , raised the coil a bit also. First two hits are lekker then after that it tapers off , is that normal ?

Difficult to say. Maybe try less wicking - cut some off at the right hand side. With bottom fed less is always better.
I only do duals on the Cyclops using a 1.5 mm mandrel.
Check out this thread for some builds: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/the-cyclone-thread.t4450/

@Andre , thanks yes trimming the wick helped a bit , I did try dual coils but the TH was to harsh for me (0.7ohm build) guess I will have to compromise a bit on flavor as to get a smooth vape :)

@Andre , thanks yes trimming the wick helped a bit , I did try dual coils but the TH was to harsh for me (0.7ohm build) guess I will have to compromise a bit on flavor as to get a smooth vape :)
My coils almost touch the deck, which makes for less throat hit and more flavour.

@Andre , So i watched the video in preparation for the incoming spares and pending rebuild.. Couple of questions:
1. In the video, he uses superglue to attach the tube to the nipple.. Is this a must? Is this advisable? I can see the benefits of it..but how would you remove the tube (to swop it or clean it) at a later stage?
2. The vid doesn't show the steps to changing the fire button.. any advice on how to go about that part...
3. Any other tips/tricks for a first time reo rebuilder....

Apologies if i've posted this in the wrong place...

Thank you

@Andre , So i watched the video in preparation for the incoming spares and pending rebuild.. Couple of questions:
1. In the video, he uses superglue to attach the tube to the nipple.. Is this a must? Is this advisable? I can see the benefits of it..but how would you remove the tube (to swop it or clean it) at a later stage?
2. The vid doesn't show the steps to changing the fire button.. any advice on how to go about that part...
3. Any other tips/tricks for a first time reo rebuilder....

Apologies if i've posted this in the wrong place...

Thank you
  1. I use a good brand superglue (Loctite), just a drop. Easy to just pull off, if required. Not a must. Quite a few peeps do not glue it, but for me it feels more secure.
  2. The fire button is easy. Once you have removed the positive contact (firing pin), the fire button in the open position just slips downwards. Put the new one in in the same way - from inside the mod. Lock it to keep it in place until the positive contact is in place to secure it in the open position.
  3. Not that I can think of right now

1. I use a good brand superglue (Loctite), just a drop. Easy to just pull off, if required. Not a must. Quite a few peeps do not glue it, but for me it feels more secure.
  2. The fire button is easy. Once you have removed the positive contact (firing pin), the fire button in the open position just slips downwards. Put the new one in in the same way - from inside the mod. Lock it to keep it in place until the positive contact is in place to secure it in the open position.
  3. Not that I can think of right now
Thank you @Andre.
Think I'm going to skip the glue part..Coz I'm well know for sticking my fingers to objects without trying....

Late Night update:
Did the Reo service this afternoon. Thanks to @Andre and the other Reonauts for solid advice.
Stripped out the parts (carefully) and the old gasket was damaged, so hopefully, that was the only cause of the leaks.
Took the opportunity to properly wash the Reo and then 'hair dryer' dried it.
From there onward, everything went has planned, except the gasket...which looked really easy to fit in from the video..but in real life, took a bit of time to seat it correctly without ruining it.

Fitted the 510 pin, nipple, tube and finished reassembling.
Decide to recoil and re-wick for the hell of it as well..
28g, 2.5mm ID, jap cotton (which took a few different sizing attempts to find the right amount of cotton). Now Reo is vaping like a champ. Strong flavor, nice clouds and so far, not a sign of leaking..

Thanks everyone for reading my 'rambling' post and for all the advice. Big thank you to Vapour Mountain for their assistance as well.

Late Night update:
Did the Reo service this afternoon. Thanks to @Andre and the other Reonauts for solid advice.
Stripped out the parts (carefully) and the old gasket was damaged, so hopefully, that was the only cause of the leaks.
Took the opportunity to properly wash the Reo and then 'hair dryer' dried it.
From there onward, everything went has planned, except the gasket...which looked really easy to fit in from the video..but in real life, took a bit of time to seat it correctly without ruining it.

Fitted the 510 pin, nipple, tube and finished reassembling.
Decide to recoil and re-wick for the hell of it as well..
28g, 2.5mm ID, jap cotton (which took a few different sizing attempts to find the right amount of cotton). Now Reo is vaping like a champ. Strong flavor, nice clouds and so far, not a sign of leaking..

Thanks everyone for reading my 'rambling' post and for all the advice. Big thank you to Vapour Mountain for their assistance as well.
Great news. Yeah, should have warned you that it is no easy thing to seat that gasket...many frustrations and in between vapes were the order of the day in my case. New Reos do not have those gaskets at all you might be glad to hear.

Back