Reo Roll Call

It was a nice gesture when @Andre presented me with an honorary South African Reonaut Badge even though I am not a South African.

I would imagine Nerak (Karen) from the long gone ECF Reoville forum still keeps up the worldwide Reo Roll Call as best as she can. But I think I heard right before I signed off ECF when the forum closed that she was only going to run on FaceBook instead of on the so called Reo forum the Lounge Lizards started on ECF. I don't do FB, but I am still in private contact with a couple of the original Reo ladies I could ask how to contact her if you want @Andre.

It was a nice gesture when @Andre presented me with an honorary South African Reonaut Badge even though I am not a South African.

I would imagine Nerak (Karen) from the long gone ECF Reoville forum still keeps up the worldwide Reo Roll Call as best as she can. But I think I heard right before I signed off ECF when the forum closed that she was only going to run on FaceBook instead of on the so called Reo forum the Lounge Lizards started on ECF. I don't do FB, but I am still in private contact with a couple of the original Reo ladies I could ask how to contact her if you want @Andre.
Thanks @Spydro, I have her contact details.

Sorry to hear about this @Moey_Ismail - that must be a terrible feeling if your Reo is out of action.

Just a question. Have you vaped the Armor on your P67 before?
It sounds strange that a 18A draw would collapse the spring. Maybe there is a problem somewhere else. Maybe the way it makes contact with the 510 ?
I've never used the Armor on.the P67 before, the strange part was that it collapsed the spring without me pressing the fire button, just as soon as I moved the locking mechanism for the battery to make contact at the top I seen a lil spark, heard a buzzing noise, the spring started glowing red and collapsed.
Thanks for clearing that up bud.
Maybe you should try using a old spring first @Moey_Ismail so you dont damage another spring.
And i would first try another bf atty see if all good and from there try using armor so you can narrow it down if its the armor thats the problem.
My springs look pretty beat up to try again, the 1 I tried lifting and the wire feels like soldering wire so I doubt that will work. I can't for the life of me figure out why it would do that as I don't even think it makes a full circuit when the button is not pressed. It can't be the battery as it has a fresh rewrap and has been performing flawlessly so I still have a hunch that maybe before I packed her away I may have put too much of Noalax on all the contacts and some where it shouldn't be I guess

I've never used the Armor on.the P67 before, the strange part was that it collapsed the spring without me pressing the fire button, just as soon as I moved the locking mechanism for the battery to make contact at the top I seen a lil spark, heard a buzzing noise, the spring started glowing red and collapsed.

My springs look pretty beat up to try again, the 1 I tried lifting and the wire feels like soldering wire so I doubt that will work. I can't for the life of me figure out why it would do that as I don't even think it makes a full circuit when the button is not pressed. It can't be the battery as it has a fresh rewrap and has been performing flawlessly so I still have a hunch that maybe before I packed her away I may have put too much of Noalax on all the contacts and some where it shouldn't be I guess
You are dead right- unless you press the button you should not be completing the circuit.I doubt it's anything to do with Noalox as it's not conductive.Can you show us some pics.

IMG_20170611_144844.jpg as I moved the black battery lock piece away and the battery made contact with the top, I seen a spark just where it's marked, I thought maybe that screw is protruding too much but it's kinda impossible with a battery wrap and insulator for the battery positive to make contact with that screw. IMG_20170611_144632.jpg spring on the right even lost it's color and feels somewhat like soldering wire

@andro was asking for a spare REO 510 and I couldn't find one in my spares but I thought I had one somewhere and then @Caramia and @Moey_Ismail needed other spares so I decided to go to the boat house and double check some of my storage boxes and bingo... I have the 3 spares needed.

Send me a PM with your real name, address, postal code and cell number and I'll courier the parts on Monday. No cost for parts or courier but I expect you each to do a pay it forward action to someone in need this week.
View attachment 97591
I am in awe, thank you so much @Rob Fisher!:number_one:.
Pm incomming:cheer:

Thank you all for all the help, especially @Genosmate and @johan for the advice to test without wasting a spring and a hug thank you to @Rob Fisher for the kind gesture of sending 2 springs to me. You guys truly came through. Thank you gentleman. All is in order now. Here are my 2 babiesIMG_20170615_010215.jpg

View attachment 97621 as I moved the black battery lock piece away and the battery made contact with the top, I seen a spark just where it's marked, I thought maybe that screw is protruding too much but it's kinda impossible with a battery wrap and insulator for the battery positive to make contact with that screw. View attachment 97622 spring on the right even lost it's color and feels somewhat like soldering wire

Sjoe that little screw does look suspect..

but surely there should be a mark from the short?

Thank you all for all the help, especially @Genosmate and @johan for the advice to test without wasting a spring and a hug thank you to @Rob Fisher for the kind gesture of sending 2 springs to me. You guys truly came through. Thank you gentleman. All is in order now. Here are my 2 babiesView attachment 98124
Did you identify the problem in the end? In case someone else has a similar problem in future.

Sjoe that little screw does look suspect..

but surely there should be a mark from the short?
@DoubleD the only mark was a little dark spot on the battery positive and that little screw, I assume coz that's where the spark hopped?

Did you identify the problem in the end? In case someone else has a similar problem in future.
@Andre I still can't figure it out. My build when the springs collapsed was a 0.23, I've changed it to a 0.29 before replacing the spring, my best guess is that it could have been a combination of too much of noalax between the firing mechanism, which caused the button not having to be pressed for the circuit to be complete and perhaps a below average performing LG HG2, I've recently seen mooch rates them at only 18 amps so maybe the 18 and some change amps from the previous build was too much for it? I'm just glad it's sorted and I've ordered some Sony VTC5A's for my Reo and I guess any mech I'll ever get so that I have a good safety margin

Back