REOville After Dark

jifjifjif

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Ok, REOnauts, now we have a place to share pictures of our beloved REOs along with our drink of choice for the evening. It goes a little something like this. ..
20160319_235747.jpg

Tried that with a Heineken Keg someone purchased for me Friday and did not go down too well. I had more foam than beer
Ah the science to pouring a perfect Guinness on tap.

One of the few things I learnt on my travels.

Pour at the angle.... rest glass upright on bar top... top up keeping the head.

Am I right?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tried that with a Heineken Keg someone purchased for me Friday and did not go down too well. I had more foam than beer

That means it's coming out to quick. You need to go more of an angle and press the glass against the tap, to slow it down.

But Guiness on tap is different.

That head won't flatten out before you finished the pint. It's a malt and creamy out of tap. Doesn't work with the can. I've tried here many times.

On tap you pour it at 45 degrees and a 2cm head forms. Let it settle to 1cm the top it up. I works.

With lagers etc I still pour at an angle, but all at once. And you lucky if the head stays.

Guiness on tap is different. Most Guiness drinkers insist on it being on tap. It's the only way it comes out milky.

That means it's coming out to quick. You need to go more of an angle and press the glass against the tap, to slow it down.

But Guiness on tap is different.

That head won't flatten out before you finished the pint. It's a malt and creamy out of tap. Doesn't work with the can. I've tried here many times.

On tap you pour it at 45 degrees and a 2cm head forms. Let it settle to 1cm the top it up. I works.

With lagers etc I still pour at an angle, but all at once. And you lucky if the head stays.

Guiness on tap is different. Most Guiness drinkers insist on it being on tap. It's the only way it comes out milky.
I have had Guiness on tap and out a can. On tap it is pure gold, out of the can it goes as kitty piddle in my books. It really takes the can taste, like REALLY ...

Last time I had Guinness I was still at varsity. 14 years ago.

This thread is making me thirsty but I need to chill for a week or 2 until all my joints return to normal - non swollen and pain free.

Note to self. Do not consume 4 liters of Guiness with a colleague. You will end up shouting stuff at him while he is going to his room down the passage from where your room is ( and you will not realize you are in a hotel ) ( that is until an adjacent door opens with a very rude face opens up and tell you that you are )

Ah the science to pouring a perfect Guinness on tap.

One of the few things I learnt on my travels.

Pour at the angle.... rest glass upright on bar top... top up keeping the head.

Am I right?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes correct, and let it stay for a minute before you serve the customer (just in case he/she is an "eedjit" and want to down it before the head fully matured).

GuinnessPour.jpg

This thread is making me thirsty but I need to chill for a week or 2 until all my joints return to normal - non swollen and pain free.

Why wait; "a Guinness a day, keeps the doctor away" ;-)

View attachment 49008[/QUOTE]
My doctor told me to drink water. And by water he meant whiskey. And by doctor I meant me.

Ive been drinking whiskey and bourbon for the past 14 years with grolsche occasionally inbetween.

Last time I had Guinness I was still at varsity. 14 years ago.

Why wait; "a Guinness a day, keeps the doctor away" ;-)

GuinIsG.jpg

Back