Results of some eliquid tests

Xhale

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/Blog/Liquid-test-results
cloud9 is an old time vendor, proper upfront and been around since the year dot. They always have the cool stuff first...and now they tested their range of eliquids.

old xhale sitting here with a brand new bottle of castle long, unopened, and now wondering if I should even bother

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/Blog/Liquid-test-results
cloud9 is an old time vendor, proper upfront and been around since the year dot. They always have the cool stuff first...and now they tested their range of eliquids.

old xhale sitting here with a brand new bottle of castle long, unopened, and now wondering if I should even bother

Thanks for the alert @Xhale
I have moved this thread to "General Eliquid talk"

Paging @Andre
Oh no, our Bowdens Mate came up very badly in their test...
Diacetyl and Acetyl Propionyl
This vendor has withdrawn the entire Five Pawns range. Gosh.

This is definitely worrying since i have liked Five Pawns from the first time they came in to SA (via VapeKing). Have bought several bottles of various flavours. Not an adv but I do vape it from time to time. Just surprises me how Five Pawns would make liquids with bad substances in them. I thought they were the pinnacle of juice mixology. Surely they would know better?

Thanks for the alert @Xhale
I have moved this thread to "General Eliquid talk"

Paging @Andre
Oh no, our Bowdens Mate came up very badly in their test...
Diacetyl and Acetyl Propionyl
This vendor has withdrawn the entire Five Pawns range. Gosh.

This is definitely worrying since i have liked Five Pawns from the first time they came in to SA (via VapeKing). Have bought several bottles of various flavours. Not an adv but I do vape it from time to time. Just surprises me how Five Pawns would make liquids with bad substances in them. I thought they were the pinnacle of juice mixology. Surely they would know better?
Noted, thank you @Silver and @Xhale. Shall follow further developments with interest.

Wow that's really concerning- have had my fair share of Five Pawns over the last few months :confused:. Hopefully nothing as serious as the 40 Marlboro lights I used to smoke a day. :wasntme:

Hmmm, I have never tried any of the Five Pawns, there are a few I'd like to try but now it seems that waiting a little longer may be a good idea, at least until the dust settles.

Thanks for the heads up @Xhale

IMO the wee-bit of Diacetyl and Acetyl Propionyl are very, very far from dangerous levels compared to an ordinary stinkie.

My very first juice purchased on Day 1 of vaping was from Five Pawns and still enjoy "my first love", namely Grandmaster and I am on the waiting list for the additional juices, and I will stay on the waiting list until they, possibly, also get taken off by our local vendor.

IMO the wee-bit of Diacetyl and Acetyl Propionyl are very, very far from dangerous levels compared to an ordinary stinkie.

And Diacetyl is one of the compounds that give butter its characteristic taste

This is a really interesting thread and one I'm gonna watch very closely... the fact that so many of the juices contain these "bad" ingredients does worry me and there is little doubt that the yellow and red listed juices will be boycotted and quite rightly so... we are striving to get healthy and kick the terrible habit of tobacco addiction with all the associated poisons... and if a juice is found to contain even small doses of Diacetyl and Acetyl that not kewl at all. Yes there is no doubt that they are still way safer than smoking stinkies... but now that we know we are being "hoodwinked" because they are using these chemicals to enhance flavour despite a risk to the end user annoys me no end! Is is just this kind of shit that will give the protagonists the ammo they are looking for.

Yes all these juices are safer than cigarettes but the fact of the matter is they contain shit we don't want in our lungs. Period! Will I finish my bottle of Indian Giver... yes probably... will I buy it again? Nope.

Now we need to find a local chemist that can test some of our local juices. Anyone got any contacts?

Bring on the bad stuff...I have no problems with any of these. I smoked for way to long and did way too much damage to now worry about a little bit of "not so nice" ;)

It's good that the info is out there, but I'll not make a decision on what I vape based on this information - if the flavour is good and these are used to get it there then I don't care.

Choice is the ultimate power, and it's fueled by knowledge ;)

This is a really interesting thread and one I'm gonna watch very closely... the fact that so many of the juices contain these "bad" ingredients does worry me and there is little doubt that the yellow and red listed juices will be boycotted and quite rightly so... we are striving to get healthy and kick the terrible habit of tobacco addiction with all the associated poisons... and if a juice is found to contain even small doses of Diacetyl and Acetyl that not kewl at all. Yes there is no doubt that they are still way safer than smoking stinkies... but now that we know we are being "hoodwinked" because they are using these chemicals to enhance flavour despite a risk to the end user annoys me no end! Is is just this kind of shit that will give the protagonists the ammo they are looking for.

Yes all these juices are safer than cigarettes but the fact of the matter is they contain shit we don't want in our lungs. Period! Will I finish my bottle of Indian Giver... yes probably... will I buy it again? Nope.

Now we need to find a local chemist that can test some of our local juices. Anyone got any contacts?

Hi @Rob Fisher

I agree with you.

Although we were likely far more exposed to "bad stuff" when we smoked, we now are more keen to know the level of "bad stuff" in our vaping.

I will be watching this with much interest going forward

Thanks, got to see all the pages using Chrome on my PC

Some of those juices are available locally and have red marks against their name...
Wow @Rob Fisher Indian Giver has a very high AP number.

Bring on the bad stuff...I have no problems with any of these. I smoked for way to long and did way too much damage to now worry about a little bit of "not so nice" ;)

It's good that the info is out there, but I'll not make a decision on what I vape based on this information - if the flavour is good and these are used to get it there then I don't care.

Agree, but look at it from an avoidable risk vs liability point of view. Nicotine levels are indicated, so a consumer can choose what he wants, but nothing is done for the nasties in flavors, so there's no choice. If a company knows of an avoidable risk in it's products and continues to sell it to consumers without removing the risk or at the very least informing the consumer, then they are liable.

Thanks, got to see all the pages using Chrome on my PC

Some of those juices are available locally and have red marks against their name...
Wow @Rob Fisher Indian Giver has a very high AP number.
I am sure some of our local juices will be quite high in diketones. Here are Nicoticket's test results:

yvCRKPM.png

Heres more info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...shark_sent_every_eliquid_that_they_carry_and/
vaporshark sent every e-liquid that they carry and had them tested for diacetyl and acetyl propionyl. Some of the results came back EXTREMELY high. Some liquids tested positive from companies who have been saying their liquid was free of DA and AP. All test results are now on their website. (self.electronic_cigarette)

submitted 14 days ago by burnt_wickMy vaping podcast: http://bit.ly/clickbang

A big thumbs up to vaporshark for doing this. The expenses associated with testing e-liquid for diacetyl (DA) and acetyl propionyl (AP) should be taken on by the e-liquid manufacturer. vaporshark took it upon themselves to do it, and put the results on their website so that their customers could decide for themselves if they want to take the risk of inhaling these chemicals.

Kudos to vaporshark for taking on the expense to make sure that they can give their customers the information that they need to make an educated decision based on scientific analysis and not hearsay.

You have to click on an individual flavor to access the lab results. I didn’t go through every liquid on the site, but these are the liquids that I checked that came up with very high levels:

Vintage E-Liquids - The Drifter 1867 ppm

Beard Vape Co. - #51 1843 ppm

Traditional Juice Co. - Indian Giver 1487 ppm

Cyclops Vapor - Colossus 1042 ppm

Alpha Vape - Sweet Tooth 815ppm

Must Vape - Pencil 759 ppm

KILO - Tru Blue 711 ppm

Omega Vape - Santeria 671 ppm

D Squared - Gritz 520 ppm

Hurricane Vapor - Papaya Milkshake 484 ppm

Cuttwood - Sugar Bear 468 ppm

Cosmic Fog - Milk & Honey 425 ppm

Like I said, I didn’t go through every liquid from every manufacturer. There are probably other liquids that tested very high that are on their website.

Hopefully we will see other distributors doing this, because it's pretty clear that we can't trust many of the e-liquid manufacturers to do this testing themselves.

Im on the fence about this whole subject.

I have a mate who doesn't consume gluten, yeast, this and that... and basically he doesn't consume most of what I enjoy. Even "Light" softdrinks contain some or other chemical that is not good for the brain.

This coupled by living in JHB, so goodness knows what crap I'm inhaling all day long, makes me think that is this really of concern.

Smoking was a death sentence really, and I'd love vaping to be as safe as possible. BUT I always knew it was being made with flavourants intended for food. So I always knew if you put it under the microscope you will find something.... and at the end of the day, apparently EVERYTHING is bad for humans.

I see the subject coming up regularly on DIY platforms, and I've noticed some people are actively looking for the flavourants that are okay, and others are completely not bothered.

Agree, but look at it from an avoidable risk vs liability point of view. Nicotine levels are indicated, so a consumer can choose what he wants, but nothing is done for the nasties in flavors, so there's no choice. If a company knows of an avoidable risk in it's products and continues to sell it to consumers without removing the risk or at the very least informing the consumer, then they are liable.

I totally agree, the info should definitely be available for those who want it - I'm all for that :)

I personally make the choice not to be swayed by that information - but others should choose for themselves, with all the relevant info available ;)

Will still keep using all the Beard Vape juices till they are "taken away"

Subscribed...

Would like to c other points of view (pov) especially since a ZA vendor removed the diketones "label" from their line up.

Sent from the moon of Jupiter

Back