Reuleaux problems

Robert Howes

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
After several weeks of continuous happy trouble free use, my DNA200 decided to challenge me. from the time i opened the device, put a kangertech subtank on with a commercial Ni200 coil and set it 25W, 280C i was in vape heaven. Immediately it became my all day all night device.

However i know face a challenge that hopefully someone will have the answer to or confirm my worst fear that I have a faulty unit.

6 weeks in and all is good, after the initial set up that isn't as daunting as some make out, out of the blue, without any changes to the settings the vape gets hot and tastes burnt. Time for a new coil right? One or two puffs later my coil blows up with a mighty plop that fills my cheeks, nearly breaking a tooth and the worst dry hit burnt wik being taste forced down my throat.

New coil in and right away the same burnt taste. a couple of vapes later and bang, the coils pops again. Next new coil, now very apprehensive and i notice that although i have the device limited to 25W when i push the button it is shooting to 150W+ for a millisecond. Keeping in mind the commercial coils are rated 20W - 45W. Take the batteries out and reboot the device and all is good in the land of DNA200.

A couple of vapes later and the burnt hot vape is back and ramp up power is back to 150W+ despite the 25W setting. Must be a faulty tank. New tank on and exactly the same. If you have ever had a coil pop on you, you will understand my apprehension so i put in a new none temp coil in. Eureka the device does not go past 25W but obviously no temp control.

wanting to use the temp control functions I Open a new box of Ni200 coils, put a new coil in the new tank and 150W+ again. I put on another tank that is working perfectly at 28W 280C on my Joytech and bang the coil pops again.

I have changed setting, coils and tanks but now I have run out of ideas and strongly suspect the device is faulty in temp control mode. Has anyone had any similar problems??????

Capture.PNG

Wow, that is hectic @Robert Howes - sorry to hear
am sure some of the other Rolo DNA 200 users can give you some help. @Ezekiel, @Redeemer

If the mod works fine in wattage mode but not temp control mode - maybe its a software issue?
Maybe an upgrade or reinstallation of the firmware could fix it - but I am just guessing...

additionally i updated the firmware hoping it will sort out the problem but it is still the same.

additionally i updated the firmware hoping it will sort out the problem but it is still the same.

Oh no, thats not good

If you dont come right, I hope its still under warranty and that you are able to be sorted out by the vendor you purchased it from

Thanks Silver. I got it from Kieran the day i met you at the vape meet so I have no fear that it will be supported. It has already ruined one subtank so don't want to play with it any more but I am hoping that I am being dof and just need to change a setting.

Thanks Silver. I got it from Kieran the day i met you at the vape meet so I have no fear that it will be supported. It has already ruined one subtank so don't want to play with it any more but I am hoping that I am being dof and just need to change a setting.

These devices are getting quite complex - hope you get it sorted

Sounds like yours is trying to launch a space rocket from the start and win you a cloud blowing comp
You should put in a monster quad coil with thick wire and let it do its thing
Murphys law, it will probably then only fire at the dialled 25W

Last edited:
After several weeks of continuous happy trouble free use, my DNA200 decided to challenge me. from the time i opened the device, put a kangertech subtank on with a commercial Ni200 coil and set it 25W, 280C i was in vape heaven. Immediately it became my all day all night device.

However i know face a challenge that hopefully someone will have the answer to or confirm my worst fear that I have a faulty unit.

6 weeks in and all is good, after the initial set up that isn't as daunting as some make out, out of the blue, without any changes to the settings the vape gets hot and tastes burnt. Time for a new coil right? One or two puffs later my coil blows up with a mighty plop that fills my cheeks, nearly breaking a tooth and the worst dry hit burnt wik being taste forced down my throat.

New coil in and right away the same burnt taste. a couple of vapes later and bang, the coils pops again. Next new coil, now very apprehensive and i notice that although i have the device limited to 25W when i push the button it is shooting to 150W+ for a millisecond. Keeping in mind the commercial coils are rated 20W - 45W. Take the batteries out and reboot the device and all is good in the land of DNA200.

A couple of vapes later and the burnt hot vape is back and ramp up power is back to 150W+ despite the 25W setting. Must be a faulty tank. New tank on and exactly the same. If you have ever had a coil pop on you, you will understand my apprehension so i put in a new none temp coil in. Eureka the device does not go past 25W but obviously no temp control.

wanting to use the temp control functions I Open a new box of Ni200 coils, put a new coil in the new tank and 150W+ again. I put on another tank that is working perfectly at 28W 280C on my Joytech and bang the coil pops again.

I have changed setting, coils and tanks but now I have run out of ideas and strongly suspect the device is faulty in temp control mode. Has anyone had any similar problems??????

View attachment 41710
Can you maybe share your profile screen on escribe that you have configured?

What is your preheat power setting and do you lock your resistance in?

I know there is a preheat power setting that is normally set to 200W by default.Did you change that setting?

I soooo hope this is a eureka moment. It seems to of done the trick. the good old warm snap crackle and pop is back. Looks like I am dof after all :)

I wonder why it worked for weeks and then didnt. the only time i used the escribe software was when i first got it.

Thank you so much for the advise.

Capture.PNG

I soooo hope this is a eureka moment. It seems to of done the trick. the good old warm snap crackle and pop is back. Looks like I am dof after all :)

I wonder why it worked for weeks and then didnt. the only time i used the escribe software was when i first got it.

Thank you so much for the advise.

View attachment 41715
Yes.That is strange that it worked in the beginning.

Always remember to adjust the preheat power on all your coil setups.

I always make mine about 5W more than the wattage I want to run it at.

Glad you are sorted.

Enjoy.

Thanks again. I wonder how many people are going to fire up escribe and change this default setting once they see this. Rob have you changed yours yet??

Thanks again. I wonder how many people are going to fire up escribe and change this default setting once they see this. Rob have you changed yours yet??

Nope I haven't @Robert Howes! I'm too scared to cock up things... I think this Rolo is like feeding strawberries to pigs for me. My REO is just so simple and the very thought of fiddling with eight million settings leaves me stone cold. I'm gonna wait till @Paulie and I get together again and he can give me a crash course.

I did connect the Rolo to the PC once but didn't start to fiddle.

This device is so nice.All you have to do is setup your tank profiles once with all your settings pre defined.

You can setup 8 tanks each with their own settings,pictures etc and all you do is,screw on your tank and select the profile from the device and you are ready to go.

It is so easy to do and once setup you don't have to go on escribe all the time.

I have my 8 tanks configured with all my tank images.

Is there a simple site that has CSV files you can grab for various atomisers/coil set ups?

That terrible feeling when one starts to think o no this can not be true - thank goodness for awesome power rangers like SA Vape gear has! :clap:

when you set the pre-sets on Evolve did you select pre heat boosts?that is what it sounds like it is doing by the description of going to 150 degrees for a sec. Just a guess.Hope you sort it out,nothings worse than a favorite piece of gear crapping out.

Back