Archive (....) Revenant Vape - Cartel 160 Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RainstormZA I normally McGuyver a fix to anything as I consider myself to be quite technical, but the way this latch is contructed makes it a bit difficult unless I can 'manufacture that plate?
Here is a pic of what I tried
@Faiyaz Cheulkar have you got any ideas here?

What about these engineering places that might make one for you?

I had a pc side panel custom cut for me so that I could add a perspex window to it by a guy who owns a engineering place.

I am sure they can make a plan for you with better metal alloy.

@RainstormZA I normally McGuyver a fix to anything as I consider myself to be quite technical, but the way this latch is contructed makes it a bit difficult unless I can 'manufacture that plate?
Here is a pic of what I tried
@Faiyaz Cheulkar have you got any ideas here?
U will have to make a plate. All u need is a suitable metal piece a file and a bench vice.

What about these engineering places that might make one for you?

I had a pc side panel custom cut for me so that I could add a perspex window to it by a guy who owns a engineering place.

I am sure they can make a plan for you with better metal alloy.
Back in India I had a ton of places where I went to get such a job done. For such small jobs I usually went to my key maker as he can cut metal that small for me. Here key makers use a key cutting tool which is no use for this job..
what are engineering places called here ? If I do a Google search what should I look for ?

For the mean time, steel putty or similar epoxy may work. All you do is mix two parts together and mould it to fit...

Til you can get it sorted.
Steel putty ! Thanks @RainstormZA I learned something new today, i will keep an eye for it the next time I visit a hardware store, this is definitely something I need to add to my tool kit.

Steel putty ! Thanks @RainstormZA I learned something new today, i will keep an eye for it the next time I visit a hardware store, this is definitely something I need to add to my tool kit.
Also available at shoprite,checkers spar and other supermarkets.
Pratley brand works better than most not that there isn't other good brands available

Sent from my X30 using Tapatalk

@Dietz put a price on it if you really want to sell it.
If not take @fayaz cheulker up on his offer to fix it

Sent from my X30 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back