RIP Lily Jnr

Jos

Reonaut
LV

Awards
Its a sad day indeed - Lily is resting in Davey Jone's locker.

Lesson learnt - don't hold a rod and a Reo at the same time coz you will get a bite and as they say "the rest is history".

A moment's silence please.

Happier days.

3b7691438fbc9956e26556112cf40cc6.jpg

On another note - if anyone is selling a mini - pls let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear @Jos

But please help me to understand what actually happened?

Its a sad day indeed - Lily is resting in Davey Jone's locker.

Lesson learnt - don't hold a rod and a Reo at the same time coz you will get a bite and as they say "the rest is history".

A moment's silence please.

Happier days.

3b7691438fbc9956e26556112cf40cc6.jpg

On another note - if anyone is selling a mini - pls let me know.

88.gif
real sorry to hear about your loss bro.

Sorry to hear @Jos

But please help me to understand what actually happened?
It fell into the water while fishing from a boat I presume. I wonder if the new Urethane Reo's float, coz they'll be perfect for this application

It fell into the water while fishing from a boat I presume. I wonder if the new Urethane Reo's float, coz they'll be perfect for this application

Ah, thanks for explaining @huffnpuff - I had a really dumb moment there - "rod" and "bite" in the same sentence.
I thought it had to do with a welding rod - and I just could not fathom what Jos was talking about.
I forgot Jos is a fishing enthusiast...

Sorry again @Jos - and hope you get sorted with a new one soon...

It's funny how experience is one of those things you get only after you needed it. I just realised that with all the holes in an SL one can attached a neck lanyard.

Anyways, always a heart stopping moment when something like this happens.

I was thinking that in future, attaching a lifeline to the Reo would be a good idea when on the water. Would be easy to thread something through one of the SL holes on the rear. Some paracord should work great.

I was thinking the same thing as i saw the last flash of Lily before she sank out of sight

Oh Wow! That's sad and not kewl at all @Jos! :-( Was she insured? I have insured Avril.

Did you GPS the spot? Where did she go overboard? How deep? I have become so very careful since loosing a 36 hour old iPhone into Goedertrouw Dam and a Nautilus on a SID into Inanda. :confused:

aaah man. i can imagine the moment it happened:eek:

Ja - she is insured but wondering whether its even worth the hassle with the excess.

Could be a free reo for someone else. Claim from the insurance then send in the salvage team :)

I think i did leave a GT stripe or two.......

Nooit @Jos
thats just disappointing. I almost think i would have dove in after it.
either way she was a stunner.

Eish sorry to hear @Jos. My two biggest fears have been losing my phone and Reo overboard. My iphone is still swimming at Inanda :oops:and I almost lost one Reo at Goedies two weekends ago when I left it on the pedestal before shooting off to another spot :confused:. Luckily it did not fall off during the ride.

Back