Rolo RX200 - more user friendly than DNA200 version?

Smoky Jordan

Vaping... a life changer
LV

Awards
Hi Guys

Was wondering if the RX200 is slightly more user friendly ( for us gifted ones) than the DNA200 version?

Can't manage anything too complicated so would like to see if the RX 200 would suit me.

Thanks your your input

Hi Guys

Was wondering if the RX200 is slightly more user friendly ( for us gifted ones) than the DNA200 version?

Can't manage anything too complicated so would like to see if the RX 200 would suit me.

Thanks your your input

@Smoky Jordan - I just got my RX200 a day and a half ago and I find it to be extremely user friendly. I knew exactly how everything works (very similar to the Joyetech eVic VTC, with the chip being designed by Joyetech) within a few minutes of turning it on. There's no software to use (as with Escribe on the DNA) and everything is done on the mod itself (except the firmware upgrade which is also as simple as downloading the file from the Wismec site, plugging the mod into your pc / Mac, opening the file and clicking "update").

That is great news and now it's sounding more appealing :happy: Do I take the plunge... with I will need at least 3 batteries and a 4 bay charger... oooh decisions decisions...

And you don't strictly 'need' a 4 bay charger as the RX200 does do onboard charging. I do know that it's not optimal though and was planning to open a thread in any case asking the electronic experts (comparatively) how 'bad' exactly it is to do onboard charging as opposed to external charging with an intelligent charger. I will do so now.

And you don't strictly 'need' a 4 bay charger as the RX200 does do onboard charging. I do know that it's not optimal though and was planning to open a thread in any case asking the electronic experts (comparatively) how 'bad' exactly it is to do onboard charging as opposed to external charging with an intelligent charger. I will do so now.

It's far better charging externally, especially a charger that goes 1 amp per bay. Didn't get such a great charge using the pc or adapter, then again maybe it's all my imagination :blah:

Thanks @foGGyrEader - I just posted a thread asking the question as to why that is just before I saw your reply. I accept that it is better, but would still like to know to what extent and why

It's a fantastic mod - remains to be seen if it explodes, melts, sends your info to the NSA etc but early impressions are good.

How does the Rx200 perform against the DNA200 when using kanthal?

How does the Rx200 perform against the DNA200 when using kanthal?

Not seeing any noticeable difference vs the DNA reuleaux - and in fact the RX200 SS TC profile behaves better than anything I've been able to achieve on DNA so far. Only thing I don't like about it vs. the DNA is the display font. Ugh :p

It's far better charging externally, especially a charger that goes 1 amp per bay. Didn't get such a great charge using the pc or adapter, then again maybe it's all my imagination :blah:
That's why I have 2 x 2.1 amp wall chargers. The work great for new smartphones and all these power hungry mods.

That is great news and now it's sounding more appealing :happy: Do I take the plunge... with I will need at least 3 batteries and a 4 bay charger... oooh decisions decisions...
GO FOR IT! You won't be sorry,I say this with all confidence.

Go for it!
Since I got the RX200's, my DNA200 RoLo has taken a back seat working 10% of the time.
I have no idea on what the SS TC profile is set up with, but using UD SS 316L, it just works like a charm, regulates temp, regulates watts/volts and has a consistent good flavorful vape. Not a dry hit in sight compared to running SS in watts mode.

Back