Room Foggers Review - Voopoo NAVI ModPod

Room Fogger

Reviewer, Reonaut and Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
VOOPOO Navi ModPod Kit

Disclaimer – The views expressed in this review are based on my own experiences while testing the equipment being reviewed. The product/s were supplied free of charge by VOOPOO for review purposes and no remuneration or other incentive is received to do this review.

Overview
This review will focus on the VOOPOO Navi ModPod Kit consisting of the Voopoo Navi Device that uses a 1500 mA built in battery, and the Refillable Pod System with PnP replaceable coils.

The link to the official VOOPOO website is:
https://www.voopoo.com/
The link to the product on the official VOOPOO website is:
https://www.voopoo.com/navi

Unboxing
The kit is neatly and securely packaged in a white colored single level cardboard box with a slide off cover. The front has a printed picture of the Pod style kit, and information regarding the content of the kit and product specifications are on the back. A foam cutout insert holds the device and the pod in place, with the 2 supplied coils being packed under the foam cutout in a box containing the USB charger as well as the information booklets, keeping everything safe.

upload_2020-1-9_16-49-29.png

The Pod kit I received was in a Gunmetal finish with colored side panels called “Lattice Blue” with the pod and coils in 2 different resistances.

Package Contents included (Standard Edition):1 x Navi device.
  • 1 x Navi 3.8 ml Pod (Standard)
  • 2 x PnP Coils.
  • Mesh Coil PnP – VM3 0.45 Ohm coil, 30 W - 35W.
  • Mesh Coil PnP – VM4 0.6 Ohm coil, 20 W - 28W.
  • 1 x USB Charging Cable.
  • 1 x User Manual / 1 x Gene Chip Card / 1 x Warranty Card.
Initial impression
The Voopoo Navi ModPod is a very nice looking device, more in the traditional rectangular format, and it looks like the quality device it is, with the gunmetal finish and colored panels complimenting each other perfectly. The finish on the device to a certain extent, but especially the tank is a bit of a fingerprint magnet. The face layout follows the standard layout arrangement with a fire button above the colored screen and wattage adjustment buttons right below, making it easy to use and easy to find. There is also a USB port that can be used for charging right at the bottom. This is definitely a light and pocket friendly device.

Specifications and Features:
Device:

• Dimensions – (L) 96 mm x (W) 18 mm x (D) 33 mm.
  • Material: Zinc Alloy and PCGT.
  • Style/Design Type: Rectangular Pod.
  • Battery Specifications: 1500 mA built in battery.
  • Wattage output range: 5 W to 40W.
  • Voltage Output Range: 3.2 V to 4.2 V.
  • Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0 Ohm.
  • Chip: new generation Gene-AI chip.
  • Weight: 100g (Approximately)
Pod:
upload_2020-1-9_16-51-28.png

• Dimensions – (H) 37 mm (Drip-tip to bottom) x (W) 16 mm x (D) 31 mm. (Approx, own measurements)
  • Material: PCGT
  • Capacity: 3.8 ml (Standard)
  • Filling: Bottom Fill with Silicone Sealing strip.
  • Patented independent airflow as part of the adjustable triple airflow system.
Coils:
upload_2020-1-9_16-52-14.png
  • Coils: Replacement disposable coils.
  • Mesh Coil PnP – VM3 0.45 Ohm coil, 30 W - 35W. (Best suited for Nic ≤ 25 mg.).
  • Mesh Coil PnP – VM4 0.6 Ohm coil, 20 W – 28 W (Best suited for Nic ≤ 25 mg.).
  • Compatible with all other PnP Coils, including rebuildable Rba.
7 Additional Safety Features
  • Overtime Protection – Intelligent overtime protection will avoid the atomizers coil or cotton from being burned.
  • Short Circuit Protection – When a short circuit is detected the device will protect the battery by preventing the circuit from returning.
  • Overcharge Protection – With dedicated Lithium battery protection components, the battery will be protected against overcharging and damage due to this.
  • Max Power Protection – Intelligently matches power to coil and will not allow you to exceed this limit to prevent the coil from damage or burning.
  • Output Over-current Protection – Intelligently detects the output current and will shut it down if it exceeds the maximum limit.
  • Over Discharge Protection - With dedicated Lithium battery protection components, the battery will be protected against discharge and damage.
  • Over-Temperature Protection – TC Mode will assure the device and battery work properly within a safe temperature range.
Opinion, likes and dislikes
The Navi is a small, comfortable, lightweight and pocket friendly device. It sits easy and comfortably in the hand with no sharp edges, and being compatible with the versatility of the PnP coils and Rba it will suit a wide audience of users. Operation is really simple, 5 clicks on and off, 3 clicks to change between either auto/button combo, auto draw only or button only operation, 14 day puff counter memory, accessed by holding the + and – adjustment buttons down that can be reset by holding down the fire and – buttons together, and to exit just hold down the fire button.

The 7 color schemes also provides you with a decent choice to suit your individual taste and preference. The colors available are:

upload_2020-1-9_16-54-12.png

The Navi has a new patented airflow system as part of the device and pod combo, allowing for basic adjustment and better airflow when compared to their other products. A not too tight MTL is achievable when the selector is totally closed, and a very good DL when fully open. In full open mode the device is quite noisy airflow wise, but in both settings the airflow was extremely smooth.

upload_2020-1-9_16-54-40.png

The pod utilizes the same Pull and Push (PnP) system for coil replacement, and the compatibility with the other PnP commercial coils and RBA is a big bonus, more devices but same coils is a winner in my opinion.

upload_2020-1-9_16-55-51.png

It was supplied with 2 coils in a 0.45 Ohm Mesh (VM3) and 0.6 Ohm Mesh (VM4) configuration. With both coil options it felt as if the device was quite thirsty, but the great flavor moves this to the back of your mind fast, and with the capacity being 3.8 ml this may just be a misconception or mind trick based on being used to 5 ml capacity. Flavor was there from the first draw, and there was virtually no break in time at all with either of the coils. The wicking was great and I mostly used both coils at the wattage as suggested by the chip, being 25 W for the 0.6 Ohm VM4 coil, using a 50 VG / 50 PG DIY juice, and 30 W for the 0.45 Ohm VM3 coil, using a 70 VG / 30 PG commercial juice. With the VM3 coil different profiles in the flavors were more apparent to me when playing around with higher power settings.

This was a more difficult review as the device performance is on par and very similar to the Vinci, and I kept on comparing them. Overall however, my impression of the Navi is that it is a great looking, very easy to set up, fill, change coils and use system. It sits nicely in the hand, is light and performs excellently, and it made for a great daily companion. Battery life was as expected for a 1500 mAh capacity and you may need to recharge if used exclusively, especially with the lower resistance coils. The Gene chip performed flawlessly, and the device is a pleasure to use due to the adjustable wattage and airflow control allow you to tailor the vape experience a bit to suit your preference. The only little negative point, when filling you lose sight of the e-juice level in the Pod just before it is full, so I ended up short filling in most instances, but rather less than a tidal wave of juice being wasted.

A sincere thank you to @VOOPOO for supplying the VOOPOO Navi ModPod Kit for review and for giving me the opportunity to do a review on it.
(Information, photos and specifications as obtained from the official VOOPOO website and other sources on the Internet)

Great review as always. Thanks.

I am still enjoying the Navi. I want to get the latest gold PnP RBA deck as it is much easier to build than the Vinci one.

Back