RX2/3 Battery Issue, Showing 0V and 8V

Jebula999

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Sup Vapes,

So my mate sent me this picture hoping i could help:
fdf0a950-eb63-4f5b-b3de-fe7241d8483f.jpg

Could anyone tell me what might be wrong?

He is running it in 2 battery mode. Swapping batteries or changing batteries has no effect.
He has cleaned the device from top to bottom.

He last used it a month ago and it worked perfectly, came back from the oil rigs and now it;s doing this.

I am not sure how comfortable you are with the dis-assembly of this mod or with electronics. I had a similar issue with my RX 2/3. There's a thin red wire which connects from the main PCB to the battery sled. This wire is used by the onboard chipset to measure the battery voltage. The wire takes strain each time batteries are removed and inserted due to the brass contacts giving rise to the problem you have.

The wire itself is absolute garbage due to the diameter being really small. To fix this issue, it will require some soldering. I replaced the thin wire with silicon wire 0.5mm² (available from any electrical store) which is more heat resistant and can handle larger currents. After the repair, I have never had any issues since.

Check these links for more info if you are confident in doing the repair yourself:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wismec-rx-2-3-error-check-battery.273390/

Back