RX200 510 connection issue

Chronix

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All,

I have had my RX200 for just over a month now and its been working great up until last night.. It keeps on giving me the 'atomizer short' message or 'no atomizer' message with a brand new moonshot. I have checked the coils and nothing is touching the deck anywhere so it cant be shorting there. I tested on a koopor mini and it reads the moonshot it fine. I have used a griffin, velocity RDA and avo 24 on the RX without issues (i had this issue with the avo once). This all leads me to think that its the moonshot, but then it reads fine on other devices.. Is there a possible fix for the 510 connection as I have read people have been having issues with it online.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks..

hi

sounds like your 510 centre pin on your mod has gotten stuck

its common on the RX200 and its a fairly simple fix :)

take the batteries out

remove your atty

take a tissue and clean out the 510 area.

take a tweezer or small flat screw driver and push down on the round black rubber grommit surrounding the centre pin. just push it gently . it only needs to move about 1mm down

take your tweezer or small flat screw driver and wedge it between the rubber and gentle push the centre pin up.

now press the centre pin a few times and make sure its springy

Hey man, thanks so much for the tips will def give that a try tonight, hopefully this solves my issue. Is it possible to just outright replace the connection?

haha dam, was worth asking :).. So took my setup to Gary @Vape Shack here in PE and it seem to be the moonshot shorting out, guess the coils that i built were too large or something along those lines.

Back