RX200 Imbalanced error

kana01

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi again. So i need some help. Ive been charging my rx200 through usb. Yes i know you not suppose to but cant afford a charger but was forced to order one last night because of this error.

So yesterday when i plugged in the mod it gave me the error "imbalanced". Ive got the tesi batteries. My biggest worry right now is i plug them into the charger and they dont work? My mod still works and usb seems fine but is there a possibility that the batteries are also busy dying? Wont be charging the batteries until i get the charger hopefully by wednesday. Ive read up on google on other forums but sometimes I would rather ask everyone myself for some advice

They should be fine when charged on an external charger even if they are imbalanced now.
Hopefully no battery is below 2.5v because the battery may be damaged If it's drained below it's safest low voltage.

Dont continue discharging them unevenly.
You should be ok. So stop stressing :D
As a matter of interest what are your battery voltages being reported as?

Funny they have been discharging evenly. Not sure what the volts are atm. I wanted to get them tested but i am told they will show as full ? My dad has tester thatvi wanted to use. Is that recommended? Also another thing i noticed is last night my ohms dropped to 0.45 about. Today when i swapped the batteries around it went up to 0.56 the ohm i orginally started with

Funny they have been discharging evenly. Not sure what the volts are atm. I wanted to get them tested but i am told they will show as full ? My dad has tester thatvi wanted to use. Is that recommended? Also another thing i noticed is last night my ohms dropped to 0.45 about. Today when i swapped the batteries around it went up to 0.56 the ohm i orginally started with
What material are you using? Stainless steel does have different cold and hot readings. A multimeter should be able to tell you the volts.

I agree with @Christos
Those batts should still be fine if they are not too low but i doubt the RX200 would have let them go too low
Just charge them up in a dedicated charger so they are all full and then put them back into the RX200 and it should be fine

Usb charging does not balance the cells on the rx.

Until you get your dedicated charger you can try one safe option.

Mark each battery with a permanent marker (1.2.3)

Then install all of them and leave to USB charge. Once fully charged , rotate the cells and charge again.

This should get all cells charged to a "similar" range

Usb charging does not balance the cells on the rx.

Until you get your dedicated charger you can try one safe option.

Mark each battery with a permanent marker (1.2.3)

Then install all of them and leave to USB charge. Once fully charged , rotate the cells and charge again.

This should get all cells charged to a "similar" range
I just want to point out that a permanent marker mark tends to fade over time. Stickers are also an option.

What material are you using? Stainless steel does have different cold and hot readings. A multimeter should be able to tell you the volts.

Lol as being a chic i wouldnt know but im going to the bf later so he will check the volts and mah on it

Ive borrowed a d2 charger for today as my i4 is only coming in during the week so busy charging the batteries now so that they are full enough to test as well

Lol ive googled too much nonsense of people saying the batteries catch fire and stuff :O not keen on usb charge anymore

Lol ive googled too much nonsense of people saying the batteries catch fire and stuff :O not keen on usb charge anymore
You shouldn't be charging your batteries via USB on an rx.
The dna chip can be used to charge via USB but the rx was never designed to be charged via USB. The USB port is for software updates only.

I have the avocado the coils i have is a single 0.5 clapton kanthal
Ok, just check the coils are tightened properly as you shouldn't have ohm fluctuation on kanthal.
Also check that the atty is tightened and not loose on the mod.

Will do so, I was looking at getting charger when I bought the RX and batteries off this forum, the previous owner only charged through USB but I always chose flavs over charger lol so now it will have to be charger. Will prob look at getting new batteries sometime soon as well then, good to have spares. I suppose as long as the RX and batteries are still fine then I wont be plugging into USB again. If mod dies before I get the new charger then I will be vapeless until then haha

So since i have put 2 batteries in to charge. Id say 1hr ago. They both started charging off 1 bar. Now the question is which battery is the more accurate... The one with still 1 bar or the one almost done

Ive attached image

Attachments

• 20160424_102739.jpg
    20160424_102739.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 21
Something doesnt seem right... No smell though. It finally went up to 2 bar

Last edited:
Just wait for all the batteries to be fully charged I. E 3 bars no flashing

So let the batteries all 3 charge fully.
Insert them into the mod with identification.
E.g.
2016-04-24 11.42.02.jpg
Note the position of each battery in the mod because you are going to rotate their positions each time after charging.
Use the mod until recharge time.
Take the batteries out and recharge till fill on an external charger and then put them back into the mod in different positions e.g. 1 goes to position 2 and 2 goes to position 3 etc.

Also don't stress if they are not charging at the same time.
Just ensure that when you put them on charge the voltage of any battery is not below 2.5v.
The charger you are using currently shows the voltage of the battery as 3.72. You can i think press the side button to rotate the display to show you stats of the other battery.
Your battery will be fully charged at 4.2 volts.

Ah wow learnt something new. Not my charger. But thats safe then other battery is on 4.16

Stuck in a dilema. I4 not in stock so gonna try find one secondhand before wednesday otherwise i have to go for i2

The vp4 from vapeking is an excellent charger.
The xtar brand is rated as the top in the states.

Back