RX200S and battery wraps...

AlphaDog

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I'm keen on buying a RX200S. My concern is that with repeated removal of the batteries for charging, will the mod eventually rip/tear the battery wraps? Otherwise I'm just going to get another lipo equiped DNA200 mod as I currently love my HCigar VT200.

I have been using my RX200s for around 2 weeks now and have not noticed any sign of damage to my battery wraps. The RX200s has the same colour battery sled as the Reuleaux DNA200 but the sled does not have those "rings" around the positive contacts as the DNA200 had. The battery sleds are identical to the RX200 just a different colour.

Hi @AlphaDog
I understand your concern

I have been using my Sig100 with replaceable dual Samsung 25R batts which come out to charge every two days or so. (Not my sole device). Been going for nearly a year and the batts are still in very good shape.

My RX200 has not seen as much use but quite a few charge cycles over the past few months with the "brown turd" LG batteries. Also fine. I think if you remove them carefully by pressing down first on the springy part then pull it out, it doesnt damage the battery wrap. The two inner ones seem to come out very easily by gently pulling the ribbon underneath them. I have had no problems so far.

I think you just need to remove them with a bit of care.

Thanks good people.
How is the battery life at say, 70w? I get about a day's use on my VT200 at 70w (6mls of juice) and like half a day on my Evic Mini at 55w (probably 3mls of juice). Im hoping the rx200s can give me a few days of use before needing to charge seeing as id probably only use it at home due to it not being pocket friendly.

I worked out though, that if I get a SMY SDNA 200, it'll be R480 more than a Rx200s + batteries + charger... I'm still unsure... i do like lipos...

Well I do not drop my batts below 3.65v and I get about 3/4 of a day on my RX200 with 3 turds if that helps.

I have cut down on vaping, quite a bit since initially switching to it...

I find, that I can now get 2/3/4 days out of my RX on my current vaping habit...

(.45 ohms | Griffinv1 | 60w - 80w | 7-10ml per day)

I was actually hoping that the 3 batteries would give users epic battery life even if its being used as a primary mod. Is it a series connection?

I'm keen on buying a RX200S. My concern is that with repeated removal of the batteries for charging, will the mod eventually rip/tear the battery wraps? Otherwise I'm just going to get another lipo equiped DNA200 mod as I currently love my HCigar VT200.
The way the device has been made prevents this... I have heard of people having this issue with the DNA 200 chipped version of the device, but the old rx200 and new rx200s have a bit of a different battery tray... I have one as well and can tell you that you are going to have to be very careless with the device in order to do that, lol... From personal experience, the way the batteries are inserted and ejected works 100% without risk of tearing the wraps...

I even had some of my older batteries in it to test this, these batteries already had a few tears, just on the top of the batteries and still, no rik on them... putting them in and out of my Demitri, now that is a different story, hehe that one tears them like no ones business, hence the tears in the first place, hehe

if you google for images of the battery tray of the RX200 vs the Evolve DNS 200 Trays for the device you will see the difference, there is a ring around the positive side of the connector, these are know to tear your battery wraps

Hope that helps

Back