SAPO Strike...

oh no :eek:

I hope it turns up soon, holding thumbs for you bud

Thanks bud I hope so too. It was checked out of USA but never checked in here. Its actually 2 parcels, sent with USPS priority. SAPO here are saying its because of the strike.

Just hoping it does eventually turn up and doesn't vanish completely.

Seriously, now we all suffer because of this sad state of affairs! So unfair and just wrong in all aspects ;(
Anyone hear or see and new updates anywhere?

Once my package arrives from the post office, I will be calling it quits with their services... I am not willing to let my hard earned cash hang in the balance, especially not to individuals such as those employed by the SAPO...

Inclined to agree with you there bud. But to be honest, paying $50 for shipping is still pretty steep.

Sent from the Dark Side of The Force

The goods will arrive. It's just taking longer than usual cos of the strike.

I agree totally.. However, what do we do about the things we purchase that goes through to customs then to mail hubs / PO's without us having a choice?

And also as @Chef Guest mentioned, the pretty tag for private shipping lol..

You can't do anything bud. Track the parcel, phone, email and push things from your end. That's about it. It's either that or you go and collect it from jimc when it clears customs.

Only found this:

Govt asked to intervene in post office strike
Thursday 25 September 2014 06:10
SABC
post-office.jpg

Hundreds of Post Office employees have embarked on a strike demanding better wages and an end to exploitation. (SABC)
The Communication Workers Union (CWU) has called on government to intervene in the South African Post Office's strike.
This was made at the union's 5th national congress in White River in Mpumalanga.
Hundreds of Post Office employees have embarked on a strike demanding better wages and an end to exploitation.
CWU's first deputy president Clyde Mervin, says the Post Office is in crisis.
He says the removal of the senior management could be a solution.
Mervin also says the union didn't call the strike and does not support anarchy but cannot forsake the workers.
"Workers of the post office decided to abandon work raising various issues around how people are employed without following processes. Two is the salary increase but you are employing new employees. CWU's view always has been that all casual employees be appointed full time employees of the South African Post Office."
" However CWU cannot allow anarchy, we are saying those appointments should happen in line with policies and process," adds Mervin.

http://www.sabc.co.za/news/a/6af534...d-to-intervene-in-post-office-strike-20142509

Back