Scale for DIY juice

What I use... I didn't buy it direct from AWS though. It cost me about $20 shipped with a 100g calibration weight added as well.

http://www.americanweigh.com/product_info.php?cPath=60&products_id=110

aws-bl100.jpg

Is this that China Mall by Hillfox as well? My work is not far.

I'm ordering a AWS, but in the interim if I could get something for R100, might be worth it.

I got mine at the one in crown mines but every shop had them and I would assume the same thing would be at the one at hilfox. Just check the box because they have 2 models, one that does .1g and one that does .01g

Where are you ordering a AWS from?

I got mine at the one in crown mines but every shop had them and I would assume the same thing would be at the one at hilfox. Just check the box because they have 2 models, one that does .1g and one that does .01g

Where are you ordering a AWS from?

For R100 its worth it just for back up if anything. When mine stopped working, I was in the middle of making juice, I had to seal it up and run out to buy some syringes... pain in the ass.

Thank you, Ill check them out.

For R100 its worth it just for back up if anything. When mine stopped working, I was in the middle of making juice, I had to seal it up and run out to buy some syringes... pain in the ass.

It is a lot easier to make juice I'm glad I took the cheap one. Was also thinking maybe mine doesn't turn off because the Chinese got something wrong but that is to my benefit :-D

If you go to the China Mall in Hillfox, there is only shop that has the 0.01g scale. If you enter the mall from the parking lot side (not Metro side), go right, it's one of the last shops on the right with an Indian man working the counter. He stocks these for R100, mine is working perfectly:

laxmi-mh-diamond-mini-scale-2004-8942793-121140f248485da57efaf7fa2c60763d-catalog_233.jpg

So when mixing by weight I just want to confirm the default weights you have entered.

Flavour?
PG?
VG?
50/50 PG/VG/36mg nic?

Just got my AWS scale from Amazon, only took 7 working days :eek: not bad! So I realized it has auto off after 60 seconds and thought ahhh bollocks! I've read many forums and people state that if it switches off you may as well dump the juice, but with the TARE function that's not really the case is it?
I just pop it back on, put whatever I've mixed so far back on top, hit TARE and carry on where I left off.

Can't see why this was ever an issue other than a minor annoyance, unless I'm missing something?

Just got my AWS scale from Amazon, only took 7 working days :eek: not bad! So I realized it has auto off after 60 seconds and thought ahhh bollocks! I've read many forums and people state that if it switches off you may as well dump the juice, but with the TARE function that's not really the case is it?
I just pop it back on, put whatever I've mixed so far back on top, hit TARE and carry on where I left off.

Can't see why this was ever an issue other than a minor annoyance, unless I'm missing something?
Mine has a 180 second cut off but when i see the backligt dim i just blow on then it starts up again ;)

Has anyone used the one from blck vapour ?

https://blckvapour.co.za/collections/accesories/products/scale

have a few questions

How accurate is it ?
how's the quality ?
any complaints regarding the product ?
and is it worth it ?

Reason is I'm doing about a 1L a month and hand mixing with syringes takes sooo long

I got this scale from them and to answer your questions:

How accurate is it ? - I have not had any issues with accuracy, I mix mostly in 30ml and 50ml bottles and it comes up to the same level every time. It does tend to jump around sometimes and take a while to register small incremental movements, but for the price it is ok.
how's the quality ? It feels and looks cheap, so I won't rate it high on quality.
any complaints regarding the product ? No complaints really
and is it worth it ? It's value for money, but if I could do it all over again, I will definitely get the one from Valley Vapour, it just looks like a good quality (shiny...) and sturdy scale that will last you forever.

I got this scale from them and to answer your questions:

How accurate is it ? - I have not had any issues with accuracy, I mix mostly in 30ml and 50ml bottles and it comes up to the same level every time. It does tend to jump around sometimes and take a while to register small incremental movements, but for the price it is ok.
how's the quality ? It feels and looks cheap, so I won't rate it high on quality.
any complaints regarding the product ? No complaints really
and is it worth it ? It's value for money, but if I could do it all over again, I will definitely get the one from Valley Vapour, it just looks like a good quality (shiny...) and sturdy scale that will last you forever.

Thanks Dane for the feedback !

will get a other one then, I have 2 purposes for this scale so would prefer an really good one, as i'm going to use it to reload bullets also & make juice.

Hi Boyz n Girlz
Going off the topic here,but i seen the post on that Unicorn Milk Clone by cuttwoodspy. Does it come close to the original?
has anyone mixed it ?Whats your thoughts ?

I would really like to give this one a try?

Hi Boyz n Girlz
Going off the topic here,but i seen the post on that Unicorn Milk Clone by cuttwoodspy. Does it come close to the original?
has anyone mixed it ?Whats your thoughts ?

I would really like to give this one a try?
There are two highly and extensively rated Unicorn Milk recipes on e-liquid-recipes.com. The one your refer to here, which uses only CAP concentrates and another one here, which only uses TPA concentrates. Both should be good at those ratings.

There are two highly and extensively rated Unicorn Milk recipes on e-liquid-recipes.com. The one your refer to here, which uses only CAP concentrates and another one here, which only uses TPA concentrates. Both should be good at those ratings.

Thanks @Andre

I bought a 500 gram scale from Bid or buy for 40rand then 50 extra for shipping

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Bought a scale from @drew at Valley Vapour,excellent scale,nice size and good quality!
Just a tip I got from 1 of the threads,if you mixing up a big batch then 1st place the bottle in the scale and then turn it on so it starts at 0,otherwise it wil overload if you 1st put the scale on and then weigh the bottle plus juice,so basically on a 500g scale I can make 500g juice while using a glass bottle that weighs about 100-200g

Bought a scale from @drew at Valley Vapour,excellent scale,nice size and good quality!
Just a tip I got from 1 of the threads,if you mixing up a big batch then 1st place the bottle in the scale and then turn it on so it starts at 0,otherwise it wil overload if you 1st put the scale on and then weigh the bottle plus juice,so basically on a 500g scale I can make 500g juice while using a glass bottle that weighs about 100-200g
don't think scales work that way, dude...doesn't feed off electronic readings but off a spring balance, the 500g scale should read OL (overload) if 5-10% over 500g

don't think scales work that way, dude...doesn't feed off electronic readings but off a spring balance, the 500g scale should read OL (overload) if 5-10% over 500g
Maybe I didn't explain properly,i use a 300g(500ml) glass bottle to mix,if I am to place the empty bottle on the scale it wil read 300g,allowing me to mix only about 200-250g juice as the maximum weight of the scale goes up to 500g,BUT...if you place the bottle on the scale 1st and then put the scale on,it wil read 0g with the bottle on the scale,allowing you to mix 500g+ of juice,instead of 200g

Maybe I didn't explain properly,i use a 300g(500ml) glass bottle to mix,if I am to place the empty bottle on the scale it wil read 300g,allowing me to mix only about 200-250g juice as the maximum weight of the scale goes up to 500g,BUT...if you place the bottle on the scale 1st and then put the scale on,it wil read 0g with the bottle on the scale,allowing you to mix 500g+ of juice,instead of 200g
I'll test that theory later on;)

This is interesting. So obviously when it calibrates, it calibrates the 300g of the bottle in at the start, however, it is now negative 300 on weight. I would have assumed that the negative 300 still counts toward the total weight it can possibly read. I am no expert however, I will try this out tonight with some bottles and water and post back here. If it does work it's one awesome trick

Back