Scale for DIY juice

Ripstorm

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All,

So, about 2 weeks ago I decided to try out this whole DIY e-juice thing as e-juice is costing me around R1000 - R1500 per month currently.
Ended up buying about R2000 worth of DIY stuff..and oh boy was it worth it!
I've already made the sucker punch clone, bombies nana cream clone and the infamous leaked Unicorn milk recipe (along with some other of my own creations)
Doing all of this with syringes is a hassle for me, so I'm looking for a decent scale that can do measurements in 0.001g.

Any idea where a scale like this can be bought locally? The only one's I've seen that can measure with such precision costs an arm and a leg.

Any idea?

I got my AWS from amazon - Was under R1000 with shipping.

If you go down to 0.001g then most of the scales will only measure up to 20g which will give you about 15ml. If you want to mix bigger quantities you will be better off with 0.01g and keep the max of the scale under 500g for increased accuracy. Personally I would go for a 200g scale with 0.01g increments, unless you way all your ingredients one by one which will give you 50 - 100ml for most recipes.
Let me know what you find.

@Ripstorm Gadget Time in Tygervalley or Canal Walk stock 200g digital scales that measure to 2 decimals. I've had mine for a few months and works perfectly! Oh and its only R200

About that Unicorn Milk recipe. It's definitely the real deal. Enyawreklaw aka "the DIY or DIE dude" also made this and vaped it alongside the real thing. Tastes exactly the same

If you go down to 0.001g then most of the scales will only measure up to 20g which will give you about 15ml. If you want to mix bigger quantities you will be better off with 0.01g and keep the max of the scale under 500g for increased accuracy. Personally I would go for a 200g scale with 0.01g increments, unless you way all your ingredients one by one which will give you 50 - 100ml for most recipes.
Let me know what you find.
Lasec goes uptil 4 or 5 decimal dependant on max weight

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

About that Unicorn Milk recipe. It's definitely the real deal. Enyawreklaw aka "the DIY or DIE dude" also made this and vaped it alongside the real thing. Tastes exactly the same

Actually he's kinda retracted that - turns out it's not "real" and is based on notcharlesmanson's clone. Which was pretty close to begin with.

Last edited:
Actually he's kinda retracted that - turns out it's not "real" and is closely based on notcharlesmansons clone. Which was pretty close to begin with.

Ah ok. Enya seemed so confident that it's the leaked recipe when reading his comments and watching his vid. Didn't know that he retracted his statement

Ah ok. Enya seemed so confident that it's the leaked recipe when reading his comments and watching his vid. Didn't know that he retracted his statement

In his VLOG he mentioned that he had contacted the guy who "leaked" the recipe and discovered that those are probably the ingredients used, but the percentages might not be exact

In his VLOG he mentioned that he had contacted the guy who "leaked" the recipe and discovered that those are probably the ingredients used, but the percentages might not be exact

The story developed beyond that too, it's a hoax, unfortunately. Not a bad recipe at all though, based on the notcharlesmanson recipe.

The story developed beyond that too, it's a hoax, unfortunately. Not a bad recipe at all though, based on the notcharlesmanson recipe.

Ye it is a pretty tasty juice at the end of the day, I've never tried the original though

Finally got a scale. Unfortunately Gadget time didn't have any scales that can measure in 0.01g. Got this one from bid or buy. Just over R200 incl shipping. It's cheap, but it's accurate and gets the job done. No more struggling with syringes for me
IMG_20160107_121428.jpg

Finally got a scale. Unfortunately Gadget time didn't have any scales that can measure in 0.01g. Got this one from bid or buy. Just over R200 incl shipping. It's cheap, but it's accurate and gets the job done. No more struggling with syringes for me
View attachment 42600
That looks very nice. Enjoy!

View attachment 42600
What's it called? I'm interested in getting one

Does it have the reset/zero function (if you press reset it forgets the weight sitting on the scale and only weighs the new weight)

Yup, it has the TARE function.
The only thing that I don't like about this scale is the 30sec auto off. It'll even turn off in the middle of weighing. This scale is fine for 30ml mixes, but it is a pain if you do 100ml.

I recently upgraded to this: Amazon product ASIN B00ME8VI34
Bought it from Amazon and shipping only took 10 days.

Yup, it has the TARE function.
The only thing that I don't like about this scale is the 30sec auto off. It'll even turn off in the middle of weighing. This scale is fine for 30ml mixes, but it is a pain if you do 100ml.

I recently upgraded to this: Amazon product ASIN B00ME8VI34
Bought it from Amazon and shipping only took 10 days.
Thanks for that, you said you upgraded to something, I assume you've added an attachment, I can't see whatever it is:notagain:

Back