Scared to use my mech mod

Mech’s are wonderful little devises, just keep your head about you and follow what has been posted about Ohms law and batteries you will be good.
There is never a stupid question only opportunities to learn more.

I still run every new build on a regulated mod to pulse and confirm Ohms. Mainly so i can confirm there is no hard short in the atty i have not seen.

Any regulated device can be just as iffy as a mech. If you have ever seen a mosfet fail in a short condition youll understand what I am trying to say..

The point is, any device we use also uses a container with an extremely high energy density aka a lithium based battery. Its like a balloon thats filled to the brink and ready to pop. Just like that balloon if handled with care and the required respect nothing will happen.

Last edited:
With a mechanical mod the basic things you need to know are Ohms law, Battery safety, checking for shorts and building on a regulated device.

Exploding devices are caused by either pulling too much current from your battery ( 20+ amps from a battery with a Max output of 20 amps), a short on the atomizer which can happen by having your coils touch the top cap/chamber or if you use batteries that are counterfeit/not properly tested by mooch.

I was also scared of mechanical mods until I bought one. Even when I did that it took me a month to build anywhere near my batteries capabilities. Once you do proper research and play around with builds you get a better understanding for what's safe.

Now that I'm somewhat comfortable with a mechanical mod, it's become my daily driver. It's something to be cautious about but it's not going to go wrong if you follow the necessary steps to using one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy in the video did the wrong thing from the start... If a mech misfires then it only makes sense to remove the battery and check all connections before trying to fire it over and over. The battery must have been arching instead of making proper contact for it to go boom like that.

The guy in the video did the wrong thing from the start... If a mech misfires then it only makes sense to remove the battery and check all connections before trying to fire it over and over. The battery must have been arching instead of making proper contact for it to go boom like that.
More than likely he had a short. Basic electrical theory dictates that electrons will flow throught the path of least resistance i.e. a short with zero resistance instead of the coil.

So if your mod doesnt fire there is a reason for it. I prefer mechs above all others because for me its like listening to records instead of digital music..there is just something warm and smooth about the vape on a mech

Back