Searching for Recipe!

I was thinking something along this line:

View attachment 219947

I still need to mix this up, but here's my train of thought:
- Lemon Cake is the ingredient I had to reorder but it's a really good lemon cake flavour, just enough lemon with a nice fluffy cake flavour to it
- Frosting and Glazed Donut is for the top layer on the cake. I looked at online pics of actual Lemon Drizzle Cakes and they have this glazed topping on them but any true cake has also a part icing, hence frosting but not too much.
- Meringue is to add some sweetness and also adds to the fluffy cake aspect
- Vienna cream is a more dark cream, but it adds a little vanilla flavour and would work well with a more dark custard as I have chosen below
- Warm Custard is something I still need to get used to, but was my immediate thought when you mentioned you wanted a warm custard and not necessarily something as eggy as CAP VC1, etc. This is definitely a warm, rich custard, but not everyone's taste. If you want to sub, use FA Custard maybe
- Clyrosweet is basically 90% Ethyl Maltol and 10% Sucralose. I find EM works better with dessert flavours than CAP Super Sweet.

As I've said, I have not mixed this up yet, but I think it will be close to what you're looking for. Or at least I hope so...
Mixed this up with just a slight revamp (hope you don't mind) mainly to do with the glaze and sweetener! The glaze is a heavy sugar & Tangy lemon glaze and is a glaze much like on a donut not a butter frosting/icing so i skipped the Flavorah frosting and doubled the glazed donut while also adding a touch of Inawera Lemon which is quite sharp to complement the sweeter Lemon Cake, VT Sour Lemon would possibly work better but have none and reached my DIY flavours budget for now! The other thing was the sweetener, i just couldn't find the Clyrosweet in the UK and the more i looked for it and asked on other forums if anybody knew where i could get it i was unanimously told by anyone who has tried it in the past that it leaves a nasty aftertaste and to avoid it so i went for the TPA super sweetener instead which i was recommended!

Lemon Cake (INW) 2.5%
Glazed Donut (CAP) 1.0%
Lemon (INW) 0.5%
Meringue (FA) 1.0%
Vienna Cream (FA) 1.0%
Warm Custard (VT) 1.5%
Super Sweetener (TPA) 0.25%

Thanks for your help and i will let you know how it turns out!

A massive shout out to @ivc_mixer for his help with the Lemon Drizzle Cake, used my Bushido V3 RDA to give it a first test after it definitely passed the smell test (i just couldn't wait any longer). Unbelievable! it's actually Lemon Drizzle cake, nailed it!

So happy to hear it came out the way you wanted it, though with the slight changes you made I cannot take all credit on this. :)

You are so humble it is unbelievable. Give yourself some credit man.
Yep i had nothing to do with the cake element just a very slight change to the drizzle based on i know the taste and @ivc_mixer had to go by pictures, it's the meringue and cream which brings it altogether which i would of skipped on if coming up with it for myself!

Back