Sentinel M16 All Brass Clone Review

Reinvanhardt

Just Vapist
LV

Awards
So I've been using this device for just over a week exclusively and here are my thoughts. Not a Silver-styled review mind you... just my thoughts :)

$_1.JPG m16-spread.jpg

What I like about it:
  • Floating centre pin/positive battery pin. Meaning I can create a proper and flush connection with various different types of atties.
  • The telescopic design enables me to carry different sized batteries around without sacrificing space for the extra tubes.
  • Firing button (spring loaded). This was a bit crunchy at first but it seems to have worn in well. I would give the button a smoothness rating of 8.5/10. It fires without fail even when pressed from a skew angle.
  • The threads are finely spaced and no sharp edges or obvious flaws are visible. Dare I say "buttery smooth" or has that term been thrown around too much? Anywhoo, I like them.
  • The attention to detail in terms the finishings are suburb. The two engraved logos are very well made in comparison to my Trident dripper and to some other online clone reviews I've read.
  • The device feels very sturdy, well made and has a proper heavy feel to it. It just works. No hassles or issues trying to adjust this or that.
  • It hits hard. It hits damn hard! Might be the simple nature of mechs. Compared to the nemesis there is nothing between them from the little testing I've done at the vape meet.
  • This device can stand on it's unlocked firing button in 18650 mode with a kayfun on top without firing.
  • I payed a measly $16.22 at Fast Tech for this sun-of-a-gun.
  • That's all good and well but what distinguishes this device for me is the way it looks. I love it! The All Brass is stunning and it really is brass, most definitely not gold or "bling" looking. It looks great in all battery modes too. The fact that the tube and atty won't be colour coded doesn't bother me one bit. I vape this device with pride. I also like the fact that it's a bit different.
What I dislike about it:
  • When using an atomizer with a very short 510 connection the mod's floating centre pin won't get depressed and that might force you to tighten the tubes so much that when in 18350 mode the battery vent holes are covered. I have no experience with this issue as my Trident is adjustable and my Kayfun protrudes enough.
  • Without a battery inside the Sentinel will rattle like a snake. I'm actually alright with this seeing as it's 100% sturdy when holding a battery.
  • The locking ring is not reverse threaded. Meaning you might unscrew the bottom tube accidentally when trying to lock it. It requires you to have a fine touch when locking the ring. Of course with a reverse threaded ring you might accidentally unscrew the bottom tube when unlocking said ring.
  • Being all brass it does require more maintenance to keep it in good nic. @johan what is that thing you said I should mix with that other thing when polishing this?
  • It might be a tad bit short. At the vape meet I tested this with an 18650 button top and the threads were slightly visible. I wouldn't want that. So I doubt this will work with an 18650 kick setup.
  • The bottom of the firing button is already showing signs of wear and is not as well engraved as the tube logos. Maybe some polishing will fix this.
The fact is that given the choice I would buy this mod again. And if it weren't for the almost unsatisfiable curiosity we vapers have, I would use this device exclusively and indefinitely. In fact I see no purpose in buying another mod before I reach the Reo off-ramp, where I will end. (Probably)

Super review @Reinvanhardt
I think it has exactly what people want. A pic and what you like and dislike. And you covered all the points comprehensively. Well done.

At that price, it seems to be a winner!
Enjoy

PS - loved your chirp about the REO offramp and the question to @johan about the thing to mix with that other thing! LOL

Great Review!!! I had one of these and can vouch for them. They hit super hard. u could use brasso or even some car polish does the trick.... do not let them loose the shine and turn all smudgy and dark

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Awesome review @Reinvanhardt. After seeing yours at the meet I am very happy that I have chosen to buy one.
The mix that @johan was talking about was tartaric acid, sunlight soap and water. The ratios and what you do with after mixing has escaped me though.

you could have it polished to a shine if you like

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Excellent review @Reinvanhardt. You have me wanting to put one of these in my fasttech basket now!

You know that you could bronze the top of the Trident to at least be a bit more shimmery in combination with this beauty? Don't know if you are up for that sort of DIY mission or not.

Or you could patina the mod itself, if you felt really brave. Either way, sounds like a great piece of kit

Excellent review @Reinvanhardt. You have me wanting to put one of these in my fasttech basket now!

You know that you could bronze the top of the Trident to at least be a bit more shimmery in combination with this beauty? Don't know if you are up for that sort of DIY mission or not.

Or you could patina the mod itself, if you felt really brave. Either way, sounds like a great piece of kit

Thanks @devdev. Yeah I am seriously considering torching my Trident for that almost golden look. Not sure I want to risk it though. I might wait for a backup and then attempt it. However I seem to remember @Alex getting it perfect at his first attempt. Anyway I've yet to look through all the diy videos, maybe I'll do it, will definitely let you know :)

Back