Sentinel M16

thekeeperza

Reonaut
VIP
Taste Box Boss
LV

Awards
From the outset this is a sweet looking mech.
Pretty clean on unpacking. Completely brass with super slick threading.
The positive pin is spring loaded which makes for less adjusting when changing drippers.
The switch is sprung, slick and smooth. There is some adjustment to shorten the throw.
The locking ring isn't reverse threaded which can lead to loosening the mech but not to much of an issue. It is easy to use as it isn't smooth like a neme lock ring.
My only issue so far is when putting a battery in the mech.
18650 flat-top battery the setup it just about right.
20140427_150430~01.jpg

18650 button-top battery there are some threads showing on the tube.
20140427_150512~01.jpg ??

18350 flat-top battery the mech is completely collapsed and the vent holes are closed.
20140428_194412~01.jpg

All round this is a very nice mech and I will buy another to patina for fun.

one of my absolute favourite mods...mine isnt new like yours:) its a good few months old, but it ages well
IMG_20140509_121245.jpg
all the markings darkness has worn away. It tarnishes quick, and if you dont like the upkeep your hands will smell after a bit. But it cleans up easily.

Mini-review: In 40 years from now, my grandkids will go going through my stuff, there'll probably be an old wooden toolbox, with random broken drillbits, odd spanners, a rusted hammer, and underneath everything will be a perfectly functioning brass m16 mech mod. Kanniedood. They'll also wander why I stuffed some sponge into the bottom pin hole. (see pv2 review, same thing here)

In contrast, the aluminium variant on ft (which I bought on a whim) is identical in threading, size etc in every dimension, but is the one mod I dont like at all. The aluminium is too soft, stretches and always feels like it is malleable..8/10ths away from giving up on me at any moment.

This mod has enough meat on the tubes to give some of the best voltage drop figures I have seen for something that costs so little. Its reliable, good to hold, easy to use and understand.

Everyone should have one of these at some point in their vape journey.

p.s. I dont like hard to push switches, so I swopped the spring out for some magnets which are a very light touch. Bear this in mind that the switch as standard has a very positive action, a bit manly. It may be right up your street though.

My first mod, have the silver and brass one. Paid about R120 for it, but it very good fro the price.
Used it with a Kangertech mega, was pretty solid, will look for it later.

I saw this thread tittle and thought it was a weapon of sorts.

No seriously, I remember building Sentinels to guard my compounds in Total Annihilation back in school. It used to school laser beams. One had a single gun which I thought was the 16 and another with 2 guns which was the 32. Figured someone actually built it in real life.

Back