Serpent SMM Thread

I was deciding between this and the Ammit 25 for my next RTA, but after watching DJLsb Vapes review this morning the Serpent SMM came out tops. Looks very easy to build and wick and I can start using my 200 Puff KJD pads instead of Cotton Bacon that the Serpent Mini requires.

After watching SMM's review I thought I would redo the coil with the legs at the bottom and the coil higher like he showed... wrong move... the way I had it before with the coil low was way better! I will rip the coil out tomorrow and put it back the way I had it before with the legs on the top and the coil low! The flavour is way better with the coil low.
SMMCoilHigh1.jpg SMMCoilHigh2.jpg

After watching SMM's review I thought I would redo the coil with the legs at the bottom and the coil higher like he showed... wrong move... the way I had it before with the coil low was way better! I will rip the coil out tomorrow and put it back the way I had it before with the legs on the top and the coil low! The flavour is way better with the coil low.
View attachment 99279 View attachment 99280

So legs on top and bow tie wicking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine earlier today. Honestly, IMO, who needs dual coils...? So far the flavour is insane. I'm using one of the coils it came with 0,26 ohms , the Jelly juice I have in it is actually too intense/sweet in this tank. Great looking tank too. It could be my perception but I reckon the reason they have 2 extra spare glass tanks is because they feel thinner...? Great little tank, a bit thirsty with these coils.

Received the Serpent SMM this afternoon. 7 wrap, 26ga SS316, 3.5ID build @ 26W vapes fantastic! Flavour is top notch! Battery lasts and juice consumption is not that heavy. Great little tank keeping the Serpent name high.

Definitely getting this, good looking and single coil, perfect for my needs.

Any leaks or condensation on the afc like the Kylin?

Definitely getting this, good looking and single coil, perfect for my needs.

Any leaks or condensation on the afc like the Kylin?
No leaking and/or condensation issues so far. Maybe we can get some feedback from the guys who've had it for a few days. Flavour is just brilliant...

Got mine on Saturday - no leaking or condensation...
How is your wicking?

I'm having trouble wicking this tank.

Did exactly what was done in the video posted on page 1.

Could it be that I'm using 22g wire perhaps?

Moved my coil close to the deck and the flavour is back and working like gangbusters! :p
SMMCoilLow 001.JPG SMMCoilLow 003.JPG

Damn after a full day of vaping, refilling probably about more than 5 tanks, it decides to start the dry hits again

Did the same as I normally do with the SM25- open top cap and let bubbles out but it only works for 1 or 2 proper hits then burns again

Damn after a full day of vaping, refilling probably about more than 5 tanks, it decides to start the dry hits again

Did the same as I normally do with the SM25- open top cap and let bubbles out but it only works for 1 or 2 proper hits then burns again

Oh bugger! That's not kewl! :-(

Hi ... what wicking material are you using ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has been a lot of interest shown in this tank and based on how good Serpent Tanks have been in the past I needed one as well...

This tank is a winner winner chicken dinner! Airflow for bloody days... and it's the first tank in forever that I have actually closed the airflow down! Flavour excellent! It's early days (or hours) with this tank but it's another classic I'm sure!

View attachment 99106 View attachment 99107 View attachment 99108 View attachment 99109 View attachment 99110 View attachment 99111 View attachment 99112

Cool~

I'm rocking cotton bacon V2, wick tails combed out nice and fluffy, trimmed by bending and measuring the wick tail to just below the floating deck, wick is very, very loose in the juice hole, fluffed up again beneath the floating deck like you would do on the outside of the exocet. I'm maybe 9-10 tanks through on the initial wick and coil with no dry hits or leaking. I did see some residue in the one airflow hole this morning after refilling but nothing major and it has not returned even after refilling

I had a look at one of these yesterday.

Was blown away at the flavour and simplicity of the build deck.

Definitely a worthy tank to have :)

I had a look at one of these yesterday.

Was blown away at the flavour and simplicity of the build deck.

Definitely a worthy tank to have :)

You just gotta bring the coil real low for optimum results... The top airflow slit should hit the top of the coil and the bottom slit hit the bottom of the coil

So has anyone found any cons on this atty yet? Specifically taling about leaking here. I'm interested, but don't want to sit with another Kylin situation.

So has anyone found any cons on this atty yet? Specifically taling about leaking here. I'm interested, but don't want to sit with another Kylin situation.

Like most other RTA's, leaking comes down to the wicking. Its definitely not a Kylin vibe going on here. Have you evervwicked the Troll RTA or an OBS Engine Nano or even an Avocado for that matter? It's really very similar with the floating deck thing going on and holes in the floor of the deck for the wicks

Back