Shake and Vape DIY

Have you tried these nozzles? I find they fit onto most PG and VG bottles and they make pouring an absolute breeze.

Lol, I actually have some of these nozzles at home from the days in the very beginning when I just started mixing and they came on the 50ml bottles which I mixed my juices in. Never gave it a thought to use them for my PG/VG.... Will definitely try it out, thanks. :)

My personal opinion is that I prefer glass. Can be reused many times with proper cleaning in between and there is no chance of residual taste staying behind (if you clean it properly).

Yes you can. Just clean them properly as @RichJB mentioned. What I do as well is after I washed them, I take out my food steamer and then throw them in there for 10 minutes or so to sterilise them - works on the same principle as the microwave baby bottle sterilisers.

I cannot agree more on this one. I started off mixing by volume but it is such a pain! Constant cleaning of syringes and they also only last that long, etc. Alas, there are times when one may need a syringe or two for concentrates which come in glass bottles from certain vendors and then I have some 60ml syringes I bought at Dischem which I use for my VG and PG mixing because throwing it straight from the bottle is nerve-wracking.

@RichJB and I use the exact same app. :) It is a awesome app and extremely easy to use. Also, if you buy new concentrates you can import them easily as well. You can get it here: http://www.diyjuicecalculator.com/

For general DIY, and if you do not plan going above a 70/30 mix, then PG nic is fine. I use VG nic but it is due to me mixing at various levels and because concentrates are suspended in PG one cannot then add PG nic as well as it will then exceed the PG levels in the mix. E.g. if you do a 80/20 mix and your flavour total is 15%, then you need to remove 1gram of PG. Now how does one do that if your flavours are suspended in PG? You cannot, so you would need to reduce your flavour % totals.

I am actually super excited to mix my own now.
Thanks so much for all the advice.
I have printed it out to keep track :p

Thanks again peeps!

Knowing what to do when mixing is only the start of the journey. :)

I would suggest watching a number of DIY videos by some of the masters like Wayne from DIY or Die and Kopel and those people. They help you understand the flavours and how they interact, etc. Then soon after that you will hit the one stumbling block almost all mixers have... the missing ingredient. @RichJB posted a delicious recipe on the forum which I would love to try, but I have FW Butterscotch and not FW Butterscotch (natural), so I need to get that before I can try it. And so it goes on and on... :D

Ok so today i found something simple(ish) as my first try:

This is what was originally posted

upload_2017-7-14_14-18-11.png

But some users suggested adding Sweet Cream to it, so I got to this:

upload_2017-7-14_14-20-5.png

Before I go for it, will it work? Does the fact that they use 100mg nic make a diffs if I'm using 36mg?
AND...if I can't get TPA Flav, what sub can I use for it?

Chocolate Glazed Doughnut. Why did it have to be CGD? [/Indiana Jones]

And then coffee too. :eek:

Your nic level will be fine, you have calculated correctly. I wasn't impressed by Night Shift but then chocolate and coffee aren't my thing at all. But it's a highly rated recipe so obviously quite a few people like it. It will slaughter your coils and possibly your throat too. Some people get harsh throat hit from CGD.

What type of profiles do you like? I might have some quite simple recipes for you.

Chocolate Glazed Doughnut. Why did it have to be CGD? [/Indiana Jones]

And then coffee too. :eek:

Your nic level will be fine, you have calculated correctly. I wasn't impressed by Night Shift but then chocolate and coffee aren't my thing at all. But it's a highly rated recipe so obviously quite a few people like it. It will slaughter your coils and possibly your throat too. Some people get harsh throat hit from CGD.

What type of profiles do you like? I might have some quite simple recipes for you.

I LOVE coffee, vaping it and drinking it.

Orion Meteorite for e.g. Nice, but just not sweet enough
Affiliation Ricey and Coco - I alternate the two during the day.
Paulies coffee cake, but that got a bit hectic after a while.
Orion Belt - My ultimate fav!
And Northern Star - Orion: Took me two tanks for me to go from not liking it to being absolutely in love with it.

Custardy, chocolate stuff (not dark chocolate) that's sweet :) I like something creamy.
NOT a fan of menthol/mint, which is weird seeing as I used to smoke menthol cigarettes
Also not a big fruit fan, unless it's mixed with yogurt.

I suppose anything in the bakery/dessert category.

There are recipes that are shake n vape. Are they as good as what they'd be with a steep, no probably not but you can vape them while you wait for the others.
Thai Coconut ice cream is better without a steep, make a bunch of that to keep you going while you wait.
That would be awesome minus the coconut. I HATE coconut. But thanks :) ;)

This custard looks delicious! I have not tried it yet, but it just looks good. Alas, I short two items on the list but will get them shortly.

Does the fact that they use 100mg nic make a diffs if I'm using 36mg?

Your calculator, when you set it, will adjust your recipe according to your nic strength, so no need to worry there.

You lucky. I normally would get 1.9
Not a problem

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you can taste the difference between 1.8 and 1.81g of concentrate, you have a better palate than I do. You probably have a better palate than Jenn Jarvis does. :p

Never mind the inaccuracies in the scale

Be careful with that Blueberry Jam...I've had some 'accidents' with it before. It's potent, very potent... Stick to the recipe and you'll be fine...not a drop more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be careful with that Blueberry Jam...I've had some 'accidents' with it before. It's potent, very potent... Stick to the recipe and you'll be fine...not a drop more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You horrible man you

Ok so what if recipe calls for 1.8 gram and I dropped one too many and it's 1.81?

Hell, my recipes have sometimes called for 1gram and I put in 1.6grams or such by accident. It's not such a big killer, depending on what concentrate you're using. If it is something potent like FA Billberry, good luck as that will make a difference in such a case, but something like Sweet Lychee or most other concentrates... not so much. But as to your example of 0.01 grams, no discernable difference at all really.

So, I am not a Shake and Vape person. I firmly believe in good old steeping for any juice, but as the old saying goes 'the shoemaker's kids never have shoes', well this mixologist sometimes runs out of juice and desperate times call for desperate measures. So after trying many recipes classified as 'Shake and Vape' and thinking "What the hell were they thinking?" I eventually came upon this recipe and for the first time I believe there is a juice which can be shook and then vaped. A overnight steep helps a bit, but it's good right off the bat. As all recipes do, it gets better with time, very much so, but it is decent enough to vape from the word go:

PG 30%
VG 70%
VG Nicotine 2.5%
Blueberry Extra (TFA) 10.0%
Cake (Yellow) (FW) 3.0%
Marshmallow (TFA) 2.0%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA) 8.0%
Ethyl Maltol (TFA) 1.0%

I know VBIC and Cake Yellow usually requires some time, but in this one, not so much.

Guess what I am vaping today? :p :)

If you can taste the difference between 1.8 and 1.81g of concentrate, you have a better palate than I do. You probably have a better palate than Jenn Jarvis does. :p
Ok so no diffs with my 0.00000 drop :p BUT with the CGD, I have burnt 2 coils :( Blueberry mix is the only one that's been successful. Very sad day for me, because I was really looking forward to the CGD and Cappuccino mix.

CGD and Cappuccino aren't very good concentrates, alas. Night Shift was maybe a popular recipe at one point but not much anymore. Coffees and chocolates are tough.

Back