Short of breath

Another thing I also have noticed when heavy vaping is that it seems to me that i get dehydrated.is this possible?

@Crazyj -from what I read it is possible,that’s why in one of the posts on starting vaping they suggest increasing water intake.

Ok but it does not make sense that I feel worse when doing DL hit with the 3mg nic vs using a cue which has a lot more nic in it,,could I be getting more nicotine because I am taking in more vapour?
Your cue is probably running @ around 5 or 6 Watts. What Wattage are you running on the DL setup?

Another thing I also have noticed when heavy vaping is that it seems to me that i get dehydrated.is this possible?
Dehydration is a known side-effect of PG intake... Dry lips, vaper's tongue etc. can be attributed to the PG so yeah, definitely up your water intake... says me who lives on coffee :p

I found the dehydration reduced once my body adapted to vaping though...

I use both nic salts and regular e-juice. Nic salts in my Breeze 2 and regular juice in my Polar. I started on the Breeze and got the Polar a bit later... I use the Breeze every now and then. Sometimes go days to weeks without it. Polar I vape daily.

I've had 2 stinkies since I started vaping around May. Nic salts didn't make me crave an analog whatsoever & I still have zero desire to go back to smoking...

Dehydration is a known side-effect of PG intake... Dry lips, vaper's tongue etc. can be attributed to the PG so yeah, definitely up your water intake... says me who lives on coffee :p

I found the dehydration reduced once my body adapted to vaping though...

I use both nic salts and regular e-juice. Nic salts in my Breeze 2 and regular juice in my Polar. I started on the Breeze and got the Polar a bit later... I use the Breeze every now and then. Sometimes go days to weeks without it. Polar I vape daily.

I've had 2 stinkies since I started vaping around May. Nic salts didn't make me crave an analog whatsoever & I still have zero desire to go back to smoking...

Are you not concerned about the high nic content?
What level box are you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done man,I also wanna get the breeze so I'm also curious to know what level nic you using?

Think it’s at 45w

That is around 9 times the work that the cue is doing so the experience is obviously very different and the vapour more dense. Not sure if it is the Nic content that will be making you feel lousy. It took me a few years before I could adapt to direct lung. I still vape MTL mostly, just a much bigger machine than a cue.

Maybe drop the DL to 30W or 35W, see if that helps.

Hey this is abit off topic,,
But just curious and wondering if you could help,

So been using cue during the day and still ciggs now and then,

Yesterday I started to use a friends mod aswell,..
So it was cue (MTl) and at times dl with his mod

After a few hours started to feel short of breath or rather the feeling of not able to take deep enough breaths..

I remember few years back when I started vaping,the same thing happened to me,that time was using vap mob intense strawberry,

This time around was using nvc trinity.

Could it be the direct lung hits that’s causing it?

Could it be the juice?since it happens with 2 different juices ?
Did you try switching it on off and on again?

Ok but it does not make sense that I feel worse when doing DL hit with the 3mg nic vs using a cue which has a lot more nic in it,,could I be getting more nicotine because I am taking in more vapour?

@Reaper , just on this point, it can be more nic from more volume of vapour

But DL is also very different to MTL. That volume itself often takes a lot of getting used to. Many smokers who first try vaping on big airy DL setups cough a lot and it puts them off. Took me a long time to get into DL and my DL is still quite restricted. Try stay on MTL and slowly ease yourself into DL. I agree with another suggestion of lowering the power on the DL. Also try reduce the airflow a bit if you can, at least initially

Hey this is abit off topic,,
But just curious and wondering if you could help,

So been using cue during the day and still ciggs now and then,

Yesterday I started to use a friends mod aswell,..
So it was cue (MTl) and at times dl with his mod

After a few hours started to feel short of breath or rather the feeling of not able to take deep enough breaths..

I remember few years back when I started vaping,the same thing happened to me,that time was using vap mob intense strawberry,

This time around was using nvc trinity.

Could it be the direct lung hits that’s causing it?

Could it be the juice?since it happens with 2 different juices ?

I also get it sometimes, think its either very sweet juice or menthol. But maybe ws23 or polar blast also that does not work with my lungs, still searching for the culprit

Hey man, I started vaping 30mg/ml nic salts from Ripe Vapes on the Vaporesso Orca Solo. Upgraded to the Breeze 2 and started using 20mg/ml nic salts from the Elements NS20 range.

When I got my DL setup I started with 6mg/ml juice but found it a bit harsh at times and preferred the better flavour from 3mg/ml. I also vape quite hot at around 65-80W on a GT Mesh coil so the 3mg juice is better for me.

I'd like to get Elements nic salts in 10mg as I'm finding the 20mg a bit harsh at times. I find myself not using the Breeze 2 that much anymore but I do still love it from time to time. I'm definitely dependant on my nic fix but I wouldn't say the nic salts have been any more addictive than my normal setup.

I guess we all have different experiences however so I'm just sharing mine. Between the Breeze for MTL and the Polar for DL I've had no craving for another cancer stick... ;)

@Reaper , just on this point, it can be more nic from more volume of vapour

But DL is also very different to MTL. That volume itself often takes a lot of getting used to. Many smokers who first try vaping on big airy DL setups cough a lot and it puts them off. Took me a long time to get into DL and my DL is still quite restricted. Try stay on MTL and slowly ease yourself into DL. I agree with another suggestion of lowering the power on the DL. Also try reduce the airflow a bit if you can, at least initially
I think the word "drag" causes problems for people starting out with DL vaping... I've told people to forget the word "drag" and just "breath" in the vape. No suction with your mouth. Inhalation only. Seems to help some people get it better...

As mentioned above though, lower the wattage if it's too hot or if you're getting too much vapour.

Hey just some feed back,
Got me the Renova zero with 20mg Nic Salt.

The shortness of breath still there but improving,not as bad as yesterday,

I stopped doing DL hits,,
So it mayb that or mayb the vg,since new juice at 50/50 and the others was I think 60/40

Will keep you updated if it’s completely resolved

Hey just some feed back,
Got me the Renova zero with 20mg Nic Salt.

The shortness of breath still there but improving,not as bad as yesterday,

I stopped doing DL hits,,
So it mayb that or mayb the vg,since new juice at 50/50 and the others was I think 60/40

Will keep you updated if it’s completely resolved

When i started vaping, i started with those 1st twisp devices (MTL) years ago.
When i upgraded mutliple times until i reached the Kanger Subtank that was my 1st DL device, my lungs really struggled, shortness of breath, coughing, etc. Eventually i started getting used to it, but it did take a while. Its the same if you ask a normal cigarette smoker to take a DL hit from a small atty running at a low 25w. They will cough up a lung. Its almost like you you need to train your lungs to accept DL vapor. As an asthmatic what i can suggest is to get an over the counter allergy med like Allergex thats none drowsy. It might help just to relax your lung reflexes. It will also help your lungs not to close up

Last edited:
Back